Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't need to blow the doors off..he has enough size that the opposition is forced to put a tall defender on him. Multiple times against WC he provided a contest down the line for the half backmen to aim at. So Larkey didnt have to and drew the quality defender up the ground.

Souv had, for the first time this year, genuine 1v1 and space to work in. Something CCJ doens't provide.

That is why Pink is getting a game. Hes been told "fill this role" and hes taking his shot. Good on him. I think his story is excellent. (Like Kallan Dawsons who is also taking his chance with both hands)
Yes and against decent defenders too.

He competes well when out of position. Given our midfielders knack of kicking it to the opposition, it’s a welcome attribute.
That contested mark he took very late in the game on the wing shows he has what it takes. I’m pretty sure I saw him at the end in our backline if I’m not mistaken. Probably just to help save the game . He has a big frame & competes well & that’s all we can ask of him. He’s just about par on what CCJ has done for us .

Give an example of a player you've shifted opinion on?

The draft thread is full of posts where you either gob or dismiss a draftee with absolutely no fluctuation based on their ongoing performance throughout the year.

The draft thread is full of posts where you either gob or dismiss a draftee with absolutely no fluctuation based on their ongoing performance throughout the year.
complete shutdown of original thinking. Someone who cannot question their own beliefs.

Serious issue. Probably needs to seek some help

In indoctrination scenarios the subject then cannot accept any good traits of the person they have demonised, to do so is blasphemy. Its also valid with blokes he rates even though theres overwhelming evidence they are chumps, to change an opinion is akin to being unfaithful. Again blasphemy.

Alternatively i can chop and change as often as i like as iam an atheist.

Last edited:
9 touches no goals
some shit disposal also

Lift your standards people

If this were CCJ he’d be ridiculed

This guy should not be getting games over anyone

Here's the comparison VFL stats this week for the two players you've been advocating to come in for Pink for weeks and weeks;

1718011111948.png

1718011180489.png

So if 9 touches and 0 goals equals a crap game to you, what do you have to say about Finnbar? And the less said about Biggie the better.

Here's the comparison VFL stats this week for the two players you've been advocating to come in for Pink for weeks and weeks;

View attachment 2016335

View attachment 2016337

So if 9 touches and 0 goals equals a crap game to you, what do you have to say about Finnbar? And the less said about Biggie the better.
You do realise biggy got injured early in the first half?

Maybe watch more footy then comment

And I said sellers who kicked 3 goals or teakle 14 touches and a goal as the second ruck in this week

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2016335

View attachment 2016337

9 touches 0 goals in the VFL
vs
9 touches 0 goals in the AFL

Tyler sellers 16 touches 3 goals in the vfl

Finnbar goals most weeks prior (10 for the year to date)

Teakle 14 and a goal as the relief ruck/forward

Vs pink 1 goal at afl total and none this week
Pink kicked a goal against Essendon.

I don't think Pink is the solution up forward, but he has been a better option than CCJ and Sellers were earlier in the season, and I'm happy to persevere with him for a few more weeks at least.

Tyler sellers 16 touches 3 goals in the vfl

Finnbar goals most weeks prior (10 for the year to date)

Teakle 14 and a goal as the relief ruck/forward

Vs pink 1 goal at afl total and none this week
I dunno how you’ll deal when finboner or teakle come in and have the sellers donuts.
I’m high on both those lads and think teakle will slot in pretty well when the time is right but for now pink is doing his role well. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen larkey have the space he had on the weekend.

Pink kicked a goal against Essendon.

I don't think Pink is the solution up forward, but he has been a better option than CCJ and Sellers were earlier in the season, and I'm happy to persevere with him for a few more weeks at least.
Needs to work on his set shots but tracking OK for a bloke with what, 6 games experience who has been chopped and changed round the ground. ??

Very coach-able player, adds a bit of versatility.

Is limited but structurally important.

Has more presence than what Sellers showed and it in all likelihood has something to do with physical maturity and an ability to not be pushed around as much.

I reckon Teakle is playing a similar role in the twos.

Look at Sellers increased output from the weekend, I would hazard a guess that his increased output is in direct correlation to Teakle taking some heat away from him.

Pink gets a run of games forward to see what he can do and how much we can improve on aggregate as a forwardline with him in there or until Teakle becomes undeniable. Both Sellers and Maley can stay in the twos as neither are anywhere near ready physically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back