Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Essendon < 10 pts

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Essendon 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Greater Western Sydney < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater Western Sydney 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last 3 weeks we have seen free kick counts of
Crows 24-7 GWS
Freo 32-15 Port

But of course it’s Victorian bias.
Yes the umpiring was shocking but it is most weeks and it’s nothing to do with “VFL bias” as the tin foil hate brigade will have you believe. The umpires are just not up to it and you can’t tell me the noise from the home crowd doesn’t get to them
Don’t know if you noticed.. but none of the 4 you mentioned are Victorian.. hard to be a Vic bias when there isn’t one playing.

Still think it's a long way from conclusive. The fingers splay during an attempted smother. The footage doesn't show contact, it shows possible contact. The video ump would've been guessing.
bingo. It's an assumption to suggest the finger moves because of the ball. Yes it probably does, but do you overturn a goal where the ball has then traveled another 50 metres for it?

GWS must lodge a formal complaint re the umpiring and non-rewiew in the last quarter that lost them that game.

Every 50/50 call against them, dodgy calls against them, frees missed to them but lesser ones paid against. 14 of the last 16 frees against them.

The non-review of the goal that tied the scores with two minutes to go...when the GWS player immediately put his hand up and said he touched it. How is that possible?!

Never seen anything like it.

They can have it, we’ll take the Swans and Pies games.

Attachments

• 3892F187-6A45-48A7-8479-F5D00E0780D5.jpeg
    3892F187-6A45-48A7-8479-F5D00E0780D5.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 42
Still think it's a long way from conclusive. The fingers splay during an attempted smother. The footage doesn't show contact, it shows possible contact. The video ump would've been guessing.
His hand is almost parallel with the ground when it happens.

It’s not clear at all. Overreaction to that has been ridiculous

Explain how champ.

I said it was common sense to give a warning when Rampe climbs a goal post when a bloke is having a shot from 70m because players are warned for being over the mark (and not ultimately impacting the game).

Because that much is obvious and you don't like it, you're trying to compare it to assault. Amazing.
You were trying to compare it to an incident that happens to every team, multiple times a game.

I was making a comparison to an equally rare event.

bingo. It's an assumption to suggest the finger moves because of the ball. Yes it probably does, but do you overturn a goal where the ball has then traveled another 50 metres for it?
What else is the finger moving from? That’s as black and white as any other touched I’ve seen. If the finger moves as the ball travels past.. is that not enough evidence?

Don’t know if you noticed.. but none of the 4 you mentioned are Victorian.. hard to be a Vic bias when there isn’t one playing.
so the umpires are bias for Adelaide and Perth teams against the sydney and adelaide clubs.......?:drunk:

It's just poor umpiring mate. To suggest it's some sort of conspiracy is pure BS. If it was they would have penalised Rampe for diving on the post to let Essendon win in Sydney

My point is the umpires are just poor.
And if Vic bias really does exist why do travelling Vic sides get screwed by the umps in Perth against the Eagles every game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the umpires are bias for Adelaide and Perth teams against the sydney and adelaide clubs.......?:drunk:

It's just poor umpiring mate. To suggest it's some sort of conspiracy is pure BS. If it was they would have penalised Rampe for diving on the post to let Essendon win in Sydney
Don’t necessarily think it’s a Vic bias. Was just pointing out an irregularity in your post. But I do think there is a conscious incentive there for the umpires to favour the trailing team and make the games as close as possible.

Nah, I thought he made a fair point. I can't remember ever seeing an umpiring display like that. And I hate GWS. You have to question the integrity of the umpiring and competition based on that evidence.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you not watch the Freo game 2 weeks ago against us?...

Walters gifted 5 goals from free kicks?

32 - 15 free kick count

Don’t necessarily think it’s a Vic bias. Was just pointing out an irregularity in your post. But I do think there is a conscious incentive there for the umpires to favour the trailing team and make the games as close as possible.
I think umpires are clearly influenced by large one-sided crowds. Home town umpiring is a thing, undeniably, and your club benefits from it as much as any

My point is the umpires are just poor.
And if Vic bias really does exist why do travelling Vic sides get screwed by the umps in Perth against the Eagles every game?
Every game!! 3 games vs VFL teams this season. Lost 2 free kick counts and won 1 by a single free kick. Yeah a real rough deal they're copping over here

You were trying to compare it to an incident that happens to every team, multiple times a game.

I was making a comparison to an equally rare event.
Because I raised regularity of occurrence, severity of offence is no longer a factor?

That's not goalpost shifting. Bombers' fans common sense on display once again.

didnt you read his post?

No, you do not see the actual contact, you see the ball pass the hand and his finger move.
That’s the queues for every other touched ball I’ve seen.. Because of the poor frame rate you never get to see the ball make contact with hands.. but it’s safe to assume if the fingers move the only thing they’re moving from is the ball..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Back