Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Essendon < 10 pts

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Essendon 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Greater Western Sydney < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater Western Sydney 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that's right.
it was 7-14 at one point when i checked. we had double their frees. I think it was half time when i checked.

That said, we copped some poor ones early that impacted our momentum and some 50s that gifted GWS a couple of goals.

Like i've said when we've copped the rough end. Sometimes, you gotta play against 22. sometimes 25.
there are no even playing fields in AFL.

yes this.... any feather touch is bull crap, if the field umpire dosen't call 'touched all clear' its a goal.... The camera can sometimes be blurry or optical illusion... unless HD frame by frame..... we should ******** the probable and pretty sures reviews and only give the howlers to dismiss/uphold.

And... if they overturn that goal, they fizzle out A) The highest octane goal of the season B) the pinnacle moment of the journeyman McKernan's career and C) The most exciting quarter of football played this year.

That quarter of football was truly electrifying. It was a quarter of footy that shows off what this game is all about. The Mckernan goal and the Hooker goal were unbelievable. And rather than celebrate Shaun McKernan playing like he is Wayne Carey the 2nd... the first story on the AFL website is headlined "Essendon win in controversial circumstances" followed by "was this ball touched". FFS.. just celebrate the man that kicked the freakin goal and gave his heart and guts to get this win! This night should be about McKernan... playing the best game he has ever played.

And... if they overturn that goal, they fizzle out A) The highest octane goal of the season B) the pinnacle moment of the journeyman McKernan's career and C) The most exciting quarter of football played this year.

That quarter of football was truly electrifying. It was a quarter of footy that shows off what this game is all about. The Mckernan goal and the Hooker goal were unbelievable. And rather than celebrate Shaun McKernan playing like he is Wayne Carey the 2nd... the first story on the AFL website is headlined "Essendon win in controversial circumstances" followed by "was this ball touched". FFS.. just celebrate the man that kicked the freakin goal and gave his heart and guts to get this win! This night should be about McKernan... playing the best game he has ever played.
You really want 2nd spot eh?

The last 20 free kicks of the game went Essendon's way!!!! It was 9-14 at one point and finished 29-14. 20 frees in a row to one team - never seen that before.
Not correct. It was 14-9 Essendon's way. They were always in front in the free kick count.

It was 14-7 at half time. Then they made sure of the result after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine that being what you bring every week......
You have 80K+ members. Crowd tonight was 25K. Let's say 5K were Giants and neutrals. That's 20K Bombers members/fans, so 25% of your membership base.

I'm pretty sure that we get more than 25% of our membership base to home games in Melbourne. So what's your clubs excuse?

Not sure why people are crying about the free kick count. I didn't notice too many frees that were unjust.

The style of football that GWS were playing was the result of the frees they were giving away. They literally had everyone in their backline trying to spoil and intercept marks, trying to run it out.. getting caught holding the ball and trying to bomb it out to half way either giving away chop of the arms in a marking contest or a high tackle, as Essendon were getting to the ball first.

tbh, when i saw the "controversial" win banner i was trying to remember what happened. Forgot about the touch with the tense ending to the game.

Maybe the AFL is right. We need to calm down as fans and just live with the umpiring mistakes.
Admittedly, when GWS were getting some soft ones early, i took a sip of whisky, calmed down and just rolled with the game.
Didn't think we'd win. Esp when Finlayson kicked a steadier.

The game is flawed. Embrace it.
that's my philosophy from now on.

You have 80K+ members. Crowd tonight was 25K. Let's say 5K were Giants and neutrals. That's 20K Bombers members/fans, so 25% of your membership base.

I'm pretty sure that we get more than 25% of our membership base to home games in Melbourne. So what's your clubs excuse?
its a thursday night.
school and work tomorrow
Travelling to Docklands is a pain in the arse (i do it everyday so i know)
And it was cold.
And we played garbage last week.
And who cares. It was one game where we pulled a poor crowd. The fact 25k is poor by our standards is good for our club. Not bad.

Umpiring is always a joke. Glad to be on the winning side of the randomiser for once.

To be fair we still ****ed over to, look at the mark paid with 17.10 on the clock of the first quarter that stopped a Clarke goal. Not remotely in the realm of a mark.

Not sure why people are crying about the free kick count. I didn't notice too many frees that were unjust.

The style of football that GWS were playing was the result of the frees they were giving away. They literally had everyone in their backline trying to spoil and intercept marks, trying to run it out.. getting caught holding the ball and trying to bomb it out to half way either giving away chop of the arms in a marking contest or a high tackle, as Essendon were getting to the ball first.
the Laverde one was soft. Very close and he barely brushed his head after Laverde shrugged the tackle. Late in the game, the soft sloppy ones :)/) should be left alone as players tire.

In a 6pt game though, those ones kill you.

Most people in here seem pissy that Essendon didn't lose.
GWS fans seem to be taking it quite well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Back