Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Essendon < 10 pts

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Essendon 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Greater Western Sydney < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater Western Sydney 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS go missing when things get tough. Nothing has changed!

Basically this. Whinge about the umpires all you like but GWS flopped once again under the heat of battle. Dons brought it and GWS went bruise free.

the Laverde one was soft. Very close and he barely brushed his head after Laverde shrugged the tackle. Late in the game, the soft sloppy ones :)/) should be left alone as players tire.

In a 6pt game though, those ones kill you.

Most people in here seem pissy that Essendon didn't lose.
GWS fans seem to be taking it quite well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel happy when I see guys that aren't the usual game winners step up. McKernan and Hooker combining to take the game by the throat and get their team over the line.. I just find stuff like that inspiring. Someone commented before on a post I made about McKernan earlier, saying I'm just glad GWS lost so the Pies can stay clear on the ladder... that was and is the last thing on my mind while i was watching this game. As long as we win, we are a game clear of them regardless so I still don't know wtf he was son about. I just like it when a team works hard and gets the reward.

Giants will pull away. Like they did against us last week.

It's no disgrace to lose to the Giants though. Unless you're playing at home, under the roof in perfect conditions, and the umps have given you double amount of free kicks.
....and it's Good Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have 80K+ members. Crowd tonight was 25K. Let's say 5K were Giants and neutrals. That's 20K Bombers members/fans, so 25% of your membership base.

I'm pretty sure that we get more than 25% of our membership base to home games in Melbourne. So what's your clubs excuse?
I think the members are voting with their feet and are very unhappy with the direction the club is heading. We have High Mark memberships and several weeks ago I made the call not to attend another game whilst Worsfold is still at the club and I know plenty of others doing likewise. The only way to force change at the club is to boycott games.

Not sure why people are crying about the free kick count. I didn't notice too many frees that were unjust.

The style of football that GWS were playing was the result of the frees they were giving away. They literally had everyone in their backline trying to spoil and intercept marks, trying to run it out.. getting caught holding the ball and trying to bomb it out to half way either giving away chop of the arms in a marking contest or a high tackle, as Essendon were getting to the ball first.
Strange you don't see it that way when West Coast are on top.🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Back