Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Cats v Tigers Fri September 11th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This game will depend on the Tigers really. Geelong has been lucky in that nearly every week their opposition plays bad rather than Geelong playing well. If the Tigers play badly, Cats win. If Tigers play well, they'll win. Simples
I can't see Richmond winning. Their injury list is too long and we're also bringing our own umpires.

Just getting Dimma's press conference ready. Still a long way to go.
That's correct. Cats are lucky those teams decided not to show up as it had nothing to do with Geelong just completely dismantling them. Geelong lucky to even be in the 8 tbh
Talk about full of yourselves. Typical handbaggers. Wah wah wah. We heard all this bravado last year when the Cats finished top, and then proceeded to do their usual finals chokes.

Bombers, saints, port, crows, north. No pressure applied by any of those teams.

Yeah we should have beaten the side ranked super first on the ladder instead of just Port in first.

wnd while they’re clearly a rubbish side, that stupid pressure index for the Adelaide game was, at the time I believe, the highest for any game this season

Talk about full of yourselves. Typical handbaggers. Wah wah wah. We heard all this bravado last year when the Cats finished top, and then proceeded to do their usual finals chokes.

mate you’re being a gimp. No cats fan thinks we are morals to win the comp. no cats fan thinks we are absolute morals to win this weekend. On form, we should, but Richmond are a good side.

Really interesting to get the Richmond perspective from some thoughtful Tiger fans in here.

It’s a great test for both teams, but - barring a thrashing - I could see any result being reversed come finals.

However, Geelong are, and should be favourites to win as things stand - so it’s up to the Cats to deal with the inevitable onslaught and get a grip on the game.

I’m somewhat confident of a Cats win, personally, but wouldn’t put any money on it.
Thoughtful Tiger Fans - OK - Ill step up anyway....Its going to be very wet - so the result will probably come down to a bit of luck either way. The result will not really have any bearing on the formline going in to finals - so I dont think we'll be any wiser after tomorrow night but winner will be sitting pretty with a rails run in the finals. Bring on the sloppy slugfest - tigers by a goal in the dying minutes of injury time via header into the top corner

Your sarcasm detector broken?

Who were this soft kills?

For mine - definite - Ess - and StK and Port . Actually the Crows applied terrific pressure - and really the Crows last mth - from that Geel game onwards - they have played very well - and the Tiges have got them in the last round at Ade/Oval - thats no pushover now - like they say its not who you play its when you play them .

Its not Geelongs fault that Ess StK and Port didnt give a yelp - and looke like they had been paid to throw the game they were that pathetic

However if you contrast those type of wins against when Geel beat Haw eleven times in a row ( and some of those - they were 3-4 goals down at 3qtr time ) then its chalk and cheese - they were really strong impressive wins - not waltzes in the park with lightweights who showed very little resistance at all .

Eagles will beat Saints tonight

Geelong will jump us early in the match (5 goals up) and second half with be low scoring with Geelong winning by 6 goals.

Richmond to finish 5th.
Saints to win tonight

Result won't matter, as neither Richmond nor Geelong would care if they get Port or Brisbane in the QF. Will be hyped up but ultimately meaningless come October.

Thoughtful Tiger Fans - OK - Ill step up anyway....Its going to be very wet - so the result will probably come down to a bit of luck either way. The result will not really have any bearing on the formline going in to finals - so I dont think we'll be any wiser after tomorrow night but winner will be sitting pretty with a rails run in the finals. Bring on the sloppy slugfest - tigers by a goal in the dying minutes of injury time via header into the top corner

Dusty to cross it into Soldo for the winner :hearteyes::soccerball:

Cracking game, biggest concern for me is the Hawkins match up, with Astbury out it's going to be a huge test for Balta matching up on the best KPF of the season. If we can stop Hawkins getting off the chain I think Tigers can win.
Serious question. Would you play all of Balta, Astbury and Grimes if you had the choice? Especially given our forwardline only has one kpf at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Saints win tonight, Geelong have already all but sewn up a top 4 spot. Don't think it will, but wonder if that changes the mindset going into a match like this?
Na because there's a chance we could still finish top 2 and avoid SA or Brisbane at GABBA

If Saints win tonight, Geelong have already all but sewn up a top 4 spot. Don't think it will, but wonder if that changes the mindset going into a match like this?
Menegola in his presser was adamant they only focus on the game ahead. He isn't a seasoned media type, and I got the feeling he was being genuine. It makes sense in a compressed and uncertain fixture, keep it simple. Beat the team in front of you, and move on if you don't.

Serious question. Would you play all of Balta, Astbury and Grimes if you had the choice? Especially given our forwardline only has one kpf at the moment?
That structure has worked in recent years Rance (Balta), Astbury, Broad and Grimes who can play tall/small.

Match up dependant I think they would 100% play Astbury on Hawkins if available. Balta then on second tall, Jenkins? Resting ruckman? And Grimes as loose. Grimes could also play on a Rohan, Miers, Danger if needed.

Yep, rain is going to play a big part in bringing down Lynch and Hawkins the Twin Towers on Sept 11th.

15-30mm predicted including potential thunderstorms.

I'm predicting Richmond's pressure will be harder straight out of the gate and they'll get two goals up then it will settle into a wet-weather slog and be hardly worth watching and probably remain the same margin.

Doesn't really matter to Geelong. Lose and they'll still probably make the 4, given their %.
Richmond have more to play for and will come out harder I think.

Praying for no injuries so these two teams can have a decent hit-out in good conditions in finals with some tigers back too.

After watching what Hawkins did to Hurley last week, I hope for Richmond's sake they get some key defenders back before they meet the cats in the finals. If he got Balta 1-on-1 in dry conditions the kid wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah we should have beaten the side ranked super first on the ladder instead of just Port in first.

wnd while they’re clearly a rubbish side, that stupid pressure index for the Adelaide game was, at the time I believe, the highest for any game this season
Fair enough if you think the crows put as much pressure on you as what there will be tmrw night.

That structure has worked in recent years Rance (Balta), Astbury, Broad and Grimes who can play tall/small.

Match up dependant I think they would 100% play Astbury on Hawkins if available. Balta then on second tall, Jenkins? Resting ruckman? And Grimes as loose. Grimes could also play on a Rohan, Miers, Danger if needed.
Yep, fair enough. Broad is pretty flexible to, right? Moot point with Astbury out, but thank you for indulging me anyway.

Another curly one, I note your injury list still had Grimes as test, but word around the street is he is good to go. If it's is flogging down rain, do you risk his hammy again, or do you bank on the conditions not being conducive to tall marking forwards, and leave him out?

Yep, rain is going to play a big part in bringing down Lynch and Hawkins the Twin Towers on Sept 11th.

15-30mm predicted including potential thunderstorms.

I'm predicting Richmond's pressure will be harder straight out of the gate and they'll get two goals up then it will settle into a wet-weather slog and be hardly worth watching and probably remain the same margin.

Doesn't really matter to Geelong. Lose and they'll still probably make the 4, given their %.
Richmond have more to play for and will come out harder I think.

Praying for no injuries so these two teams can have a decent hit-out in good conditions in finals with some tigers back too.

After watching what Hawkins did to Hurley last week, I hope for Richmond's sake they get some key defenders back before they meet the cats in the finals. If he got Balta 1-on-1 in dry conditions the kid wouldn't stand a chance.
Astbury is back to full training and is in line to return V the crows. Hawkins with good delivery 1-on-1 would beat most KPDs in the league. Hopefully we can put the pressure on the midfield and give Balta a chop out. It will be a good learning curve. The rain will help.

Fair enough if you think the crows put as much pressure on you as what there will be tmrw night.
Could equally be said that the Tigers have not proven to be capable of applying that level of pressure this year, given that they haven't yet. Surely not holding back just for us? How much furniture have we moved into your collective heads if that is the case?

Yep, fair enough. Broad is pretty flexible to, right? Moot point with Astbury out, but thank you for indulging me anyway.

Another curly one, I note your injury list still had Grimes as test, but word around the street is he is good to go. If it's is flogging down rain, do you risk his hammy again, or do you bank on the conditions not being conducive to tall marking forwards, and leave him out?
Grimes was running the next day after the Freo game. Must've been very minor. While he's more than capable on the tall marking forwards, he'd be our best small defender too. Has to play if he's fit.

Grimes was running the next day after the Freo game. Must've been very minor. While he's more than capable on the tall marking forwards, he'd be our best small defender too. Has to play if he's fit.
Ok, doesn't sound like they will be worried.

I agree he is better used on our small/mediums. I rate him. I was just thinking in the context that he will be the second man spoil while Balta tries to wrestle Hawk - but that you might gamble on the conditions being enough to try Balta one out and err on the side of caution with Grimes.

Turns out that was redundant too, though - if the hammy is fine.

My opinion is that Richmond usually take the conservative approach, if this match didn't define finishing top 4 (or was against a weak opponent like Adelaide for example), I'd be tipping Grimes would miss another week.

That's just my view though and I have no knowledge of the medical status, but I think this one is a push to get him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Cats v Tigers Fri September 11th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Back