Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies forward line isn’t a concern.

4th highest scoring side in the competition, 9 players on track for 20+ goal seasons and that’s with the prized recruit in McStay missing majority of those games.

Don’t get why people go all doom and gloom after a loss. Today wasn’t earth shattering stuff for the Pies. We played terribly and the bye should help rejuvenate the group after an 11-2 start to the season.
That's true
It's not a huge loss. I do feel Melb aren't a great match up for Pies in September should that eventuate

4th highest scoring side in the competition, 9 players on track for 20+ goal seasons and that’s with the prized recruit in McStay missing majority of those games.

Don’t get why people go all doom and gloom after a loss. Today wasn’t earth shattering stuff for the Pies. We played terribly and the bye should help rejuvenate the group after an 11-2 start to the season.

Collingwood only played terribly because Melbourne played brilliantly. They controlled your team throughout the match. Just something that good teams can do against weaker teams.

That's true
It's not a huge loss. I do feel Melb aren't a great match up for Pies in September should that eventuate
I’d much rather Melbourne 2023 in September than Geelong or Sydney 2022 tbh. I reckon the Pies would back themselves against any of the current top 8 sides at the ‘G in September.

Collingwood only played terribly because Melbourne played brilliantly. They controlled your team throughout the match. Just something that good teams can do against weaker teams.
What’s up with you? You blow steam up our arse week after week when we’re winning then turn at the first loss. Some twisted joke for you? Do better.

Struggli

If Krueger is the solution then not sure what the answer is.

Pies forward line is their Achilles heel at the elite end. Not sure of a premier last 10 years that didn't have a very good key forward
Melbourne 2021.

To Ben Brown's credit he actually rolled the clock back for a month though. Their midfield and defence were super human as well, and the pack of contenders was pretty poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the win but those set shot misses were a killer. Probably the best I've seen Melbourne in a while. Credit to Collingwood for always sticking in there. Not sure there's too much to read into that game, Collingwood missing a few players, Melbourne missing really easy set shots. Thought it was a pretty intense game. I feel we could get the job done again if we do meet again.

It's not panic stations at all but it's the one area of the ground that could be considered mediocre. With a full set of players available it's alright but you can't really afford to be down a couple of smalls and a tall unless your other areas of the ground are dominant (they usually have been this season). The forward group today wasn't a good one.

It's not panic stations at all but it's the one area of the ground that could be considered mediocre. With a full set of players available it's alright but you can't really afford to be down a couple of smalls and a tall unless your other areas of the ground are dominant (they usually have been this season). The forward group today wasn't a good one.
They’ve cracked 120 points 4/13 games - I agree that the forward line is Collingwood’s weakness, but couldn’t go as far as calling it mediocre.

Forwards didn't have their best games today, but when your midfield is going -20 in contested and you finish the game -10 i50s, it’s hardly that forward line’s fault for the loss.

Our movement and delivery was shithouse today, even the better forward lines in the comp would’ve had a mare today with the way our HBFers and midfielders were kicking it forward.

They’ve cracked 120 points 4/13 games - I agree that the forward line is Collingwood’s weakness, but couldn’t go as far as calling it mediocre.

Forwards didn't have their best games today, but when your midfield is going -20 in contested and you finish the game -10 i50s, it’s hardly that forward line’s fault for the loss.

Our movement and delivery was shithouse today, even the better forward lines in the comp would’ve had a mare today with the way our HBFers and midfielders were kicking it forward.
I know what you mean but Geelong were also in the top couple of scoring sides 2017, 2019, 2020 etc without a very good forward line. Come finals in particular we got exposed. But as I said, if your midfield are pulverising sides and you set up well behind the ball (with great rebounders and 1v1 players) it won't matter.

With a handful of McStay, Elliot, Ginnivan (out of form or not, you need another crumber) and Sidebottom/JDG (thus a mid can be released to half forward) in it'll look better. Have you had two smalls out at the same time as McStay before? Or a few forwards as well as a winger and main mid? It reaches a tipping point to various areas of the field and for Collingwood I'd say that would flow onto scoring capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back