Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It had occurred to me that the Pies might be doing heavy training loads leading into the bye a bit like Melbourne did when they were unbeaten on top for a couple years.

I expect the Pies to bounce back against Adelaide but wouldn’t be surprised if they drop the Suns game and Dogs at Marvel games in a mid season slump.

They’ll come home strong and probably only drop one more after that (Port at AO).

18-5 and 2nd or 3rd is where I think they’ll end up.

It had occurred to me that the Pies might be doing heavy training loads leading into the bye a bit like Melbourne did when they were unbeaten on top for a couple years.

I expect the Pies to bounce back against Adelaide but wouldn’t be surprised if they drop the Suns game and Dogs at Marvel games in a mid season slump.

They’ll come home strong and probably only drop one more after that (Port at AO).

18-5 and 2nd or 3rd is where I think they’ll end up.

I think another thing to consider is maybe they have forgot how hard it is to win a game of football?

Their last two matches prior to this one were against North and WCE. Could be a wake up call for them now.

Yeah, nah.

I'm not sure I've seen a less accurate summary of Collingwood's game style.
What do you mean, you guys looked great today when you flicked the handballs around with the run and gun through the middle, the second the pressure went up and the Dees stopped you. Turnover merchants like Diacos and Pendlebury went to work, scared of being tackled so they dispose of the ball regardless if anyone is there or not.

Pies arent winning anything with Ash Johnson in the team. Just non existent in big games. Puts some pressure on Elliott to find form, which has eluded him in recent times.

Melbourne should have won by 35 points today, and them adding Clayton Oliver to this team is a big result. They look dangerous.

Talking about Collingwood injuries when we were missing the best player in the competition today is ******* hilarious. Not to mention four other players from the 2021 GF side.

Injuries do have a part to do with performance. Worth remembering that quite a few of them had illness this week too.

Doubt it would have changed the result if they were fit but things to factor in.

What do you mean, you guys looked great today when you flicked the handballs around with the run and gun through the middle, the second the pressure went up and the Dees stopped you. Turnover merchants like Diacos and Pendlebury went to work, scared of being tackled so they dispose of the ball regardless if anyone is there or not.
Oh no. You've doubled down...

I particularly like your assessment of Pendlebury and Daicos as turnover merchants...

Injuries do have a part to do with performance. Worth remembering that quite a few of them had illness this week too.

Doubt it would have changed the result if they were fit but things to factor in.
Yeah if Oliver, Petty and Bowey were playing and Ben Brown was fully fit we would have won by 10 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 posts in and 1 month into their BigFooty journey and trying to troll 😂 you’d think they’ve been around before, wouldn’t you?
You reckon I’m going to be the only one questioning the pies’ er… commitment this week? Soft-serve efforts aren’t going to cut it in September. But hey, if you’re happy with it, good for you.

Yeah if Oliver, Petty and Bowey were playing and Ben Brown was fully fit we would have won by 10 goals

I don’t agree with this assessment either.

Issue is that for them to be in, players would need to be replaced and there is nothing to say that they would be in peak performance either.

Injuries may change things but in my opinion, not by much. This is evidenced by recent Collingwood vs Melbourne games which always tend to be close ones.

As mentioned earlier, Melbourne have the better team in my opinion and should be Premiership favourites.

You reckon I’m going to be the only one questioning the pies’ er… commitment this week? Soft-serve efforts aren’t going to cut it in September. But hey, if you’re happy with it, good for you.
So if we win, we’re May champs, or June champs or whatever, then if we lose in these months, you write us off in September. Riiiight….

Anyone know what Mason Apple Pie and Guns sooking about after the siren?
Did Maso play today? I only seen him mouthing off after the game and thought he was an emergency because I didn’t see him over the 4 quarters. Carried on like a w***er and has lost a lot of supporters, the Collingwood has came out in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back