Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday threads always deliver when some nuffy has a complete meltdown and embarrasses themselves, where else can you go for free entertainment like this?

I haven’t checked but I wonder if there are tears in the Collingwood thread. Have they come to the realisation that there are teams better than theirs? Come finals and they will be out quickly.

JDG and Sidebottom would also be handy. But another big forward is what we miss. Johnson has been ok but not the big body that can bring the ball down.

Watched the reserves at Casey yesterday and Kreuger played well.
Kicked 5 goals (missed some easy ones) but he's a much bigger body than Johnson and also crashes packs.

McStay is ahead but he could be worth a try if someone has a rest.

I’ve always said Viney is a champion of our game. Credit to him for the game he played today. Credit to his family.
Agree. He really did put his team on his back and get them the W today.

Whilst not Petracca's best game, his clean hands in the contest was also a difference.

Reckon the Pies will put some work into Salem when they next meet too.

Kicked 5 goals (missed some easy ones) but he's a much bigger body than Johnson and also crashes packs.

Problem is he throws himself around and gets injured. If he play a few games in the VFL and pull up fine, then he will be in this team.

Outside the first 3 minutes and last 3 minutes Melbourne completely controlled the game. We played into there hands by going long down the line all game, our boys looked a bit tired and sore to be truthful. The bye has come at a good time for Collingwood.

But, I’ll take playing only 6 minutes of good footy and only losing by 4 points anytime.

Dust off and reset. See you again Melbourne and I’m sure it will be a different outcome.

Not sure if he'll ever come back, soon to turn 33 and coming back from a serious injury.

Career over
Given he’s reportedly going to be back after the bye, I’d say your judgement on this is poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And be the player he once was?

Doubtful
Yeah yeah, heard it all before after he did his knee a couple of years ago. Was 4th in our B&F last year. He’ll be fine, as much as you’re wishing he won’t be.

Enjoy your win. You haven’t seen many of them against the Pies. Hopefully you can scrape in the top 4 so we can teach you a lesson in real footy.
Struggli

If Krueger is the solution then not sure what the answer is.

Pies forward line is their Achilles heel at the elite end. Not sure of a premier last 10 years that didn't have a very good key forward

Pies forward line is their Achilles heel at the elite end. Not sure of a premier last 10 years that didn't have a very good key forward

I still think it's a bigger concern for Melbourne because Mihocek was garbage today and they still hung around.

Having said that, Melbourne won it a couple years ago with two very average talls.

There seems to be a huge sense of relief from Melbourne fans. And the insignificant Carlton time wasters.
The mushy pies were just a bit too soft on the day mate. The godees too big and too strong. Embarrassing for you, obviously.

Struggli

If Krueger is the solution then not sure what the answer is.

Pies forward line isn’t a concern.

4th highest scoring side in the competition, 9 players on track for 20+ goal seasons and that’s with the prized recruit in McStay missing majority of those games.

Don’t get why people go all doom and gloom after a loss. Today wasn’t earth shattering stuff for the Pies. We played terribly and the bye should help rejuvenate the group after an 11-2 start to the season.

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - BIG FREEZE 9 Demons v Pies Mon June 12th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back