Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Blues v Bombers Sun June 11th 7:15pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With a stomach full of premierships last 6 years ;)

compared to 20 year rebuilds

i love how people only look back in history to a point that suits them.

Not in my lifetime so care factor ZERO
so its 5 v 8

Prior to WW2 7 flags pfft
specially the ones with only 6 teams
They all count in the AFL - VFL records so what you're saying is only your personal opinion which means stuff all.

Not in my lifetime so care factor ZERO
so its 5 v 8

Prior to WW2 7 flags pfft
specially the ones with only 6 teams

no offence but outside of you no one gives a flying **** what your personal view is.

looking back on history only to what suits your specific view is just about as stupid as you can get.

No one cares what your team did last year, or the last 5 years before it. Most people dont give a shit we have won 16 flags either.

Thats the good thing about AFL, every year the slate is wiped clean. History means nothing unless you are looking at all of it.

Anyway, back to said game - we have positive energy and momentum but don’t think that will be enough to stop Cripps, Curnow and McKay and the ‘us against the world’ mindset Carlton will bring to this one - hope I’m wrong

Anyway, back to said game - we have positive energy and momentum but don’t think that will be enough to stop Cripps, Curnow and McKay and the ‘us against the world’ mindset Carlton will bring to this one - hope I’m wrong

We've had the "us vs the world" mindset for 6-7 weeks now, it hasn't galvanised or given the team any sort of spark, we just keep rolling out the same boring, predictable low scoring gameplay. It wont change this week, Bomber will be too quick for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a tough game.

For everything Carlton is copping at moment, look at who they've lost to over this supposedly disastrous run...

Adelaide (who were playing great footy at home, in the middle of a 4 game winning streak, had just beaten Port)
St Kilda (who were flying)
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Sydney
Melbourne

They've played some bloody good sides. Essendon aren't on the level of any of them and instead have won by a kick over a middling Richmond and North.

Carlton finally get an easier game here and expect they are very hungry for that.

2 Meter Peter will be back combined with Phillips & Draper this could be testing the Blues ability to compete in the Ruck and defence

Charlie & Harry will test the undersized bomber defence

When is Parish due back and is Shiela playing after coming off early

Feeling Jakey Stringer is due for a big game

Unlikely that Phillips plays if 2mp is back.

I actually do like him and think he's a decent judge so it's an interesting prediction, to have Carlton as a certainty. Can't see it myself but anyways.
I'll take it, if we lose i can blame Kane again.

I've given up on tipping Carlton, so this spells danger for the Bombers, as pretty much every time I've picked them they've lost. I used to have a soft spot for the Blues, not anymore...so Bombers by plenty I hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Blues v Bombers Sun June 11th 7:15pm AEST (MCG)

Back