Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Saints v Suns Sat June 8th 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just responding to some Tarps whinger that claims today was all Vic Bias and some big conspiracy.
The Vic Bias victim mindset is a major eyeroll - nobody likes a whinger, I agree. But it's not the right thread for it.

I mean - does anyone actually think the AFL sent a directive to that specific umpire tonight, to make sure that the expansion team, which hasn't won an away game for 12 months, definitely loses this game, in the first season they've ever realistically looked like making finals?

Is that the argument?

Sure, have a conspiracy theory but make sure it's not a dumb one.

3 games decided by terrible decisions. Need to take the ego away from little men who want to have a say in how the game ends. Absolutely no feel for the game and those 3 should never be seen at the top level again.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to say the King free decided the game forgetting the fact that Henry had marked it on the 50 line.

Also go and look at the free given for Swallow for a goal in the 3rd. Nothing there and should have been Windhagers for being taken high.

Another gutsy win against the odds, don't write the Saints off as a finals smokey.
Against the odds of the Suns inability to win away? And even then almost blew it, a non existent free plucked out of fresh air seemed to be the difference.

2 games out of the 8, low percentage, need to win 7-8 of your remaining 10 and most teams above you have a game in hand.

Saints are nowhere near it.

The King one is the worst of the lot by far. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an off the ball free kick given for anything other than a high hit or something resulting in the other player ending up on the ground. It goes both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think we get the joy of watching St Kilda prime time next Friday night.... might check to see if I can book haircut

Yeah but next week is lions at the Gabba. So you’ll get to watch us ski all over them and hear country roads

The Vic Bias victim mindset is a major eyeroll - nobody likes a whinger, I agree. But it's not the right thread for it.

I mean - does anyone actually think the AFL sent a directive to that specific umpire tonight, to make sure that the expansion team, which hasn't won an away game for 12 months, definitely loses this game, in the first season they've ever realistically looked like making finals?

Is that the argument?

Sure, have a conspiracy theory but make sure it's not a dumb one.
Doesn’t have to necessarily be for this game in isolation.

Devils advocate here but a Saints win against the Suns keeps the bottom of the 8 tight and finals open for teams right down to 14th and 15th (keeping interest there for 85% of teams). Also helps teams like Collingwood and Melbourne currently on the edge of the 8.

Not saying I necessarily believe they would fix games but there’s plenty of other reasons why the AFL would want to fix this one in favour of the Saints.

Everyone wants to say the King free decided the game forgetting the fact that Henry had marked it on the 50 line.

Also go and look at the free given for Swallow for a goal in the 3rd. Nothing there and should have been Windhagers for being taken high.
30 seconds after Swallow Butler got a free after blatantly dropping the ball inside 50. Should've been HTB against instead gifted a goal. Square up on the Swallow call so can't use that one fella.

Andrew was clearly holding King

In fact he was doing it all night …. King should have had another 5 free kicks

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Andrew was clearly holding King

In fact he was doing it all night …. King should have had another 5 free kicks
All defenders scrag, he was all over Charlie too - as is every defender worth their salt

I wouldn’t even call that a scrag though man, just defenders and attackers trying to jostle for position. Dougal has made a pretty good career scragging way worse than that and by your estimations he should give away 5+ i50 FK’s per game as well?

mate it ruins the best part the last few minutes where players should decide.

The decisions they are making lately to let a team win a horribly ticky touch and soft. No feel.

Just pay a decision if it is obvious. Otherwise **** off your your whistle and your shit decision that makes the whole outcome so anti climatic.

I'm starting to get more nervous in the last minute about phantom umpire whistle than the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to see the players decide the game, not overly officious umpiring. In a game where 7 goals is a winning score, let’s not gift an unearned one in the dying minutes.

To be honest there were about 3-4 pretty dubious frees in front of goal both ways. Maybe it’s an AFL instruction from the afl to pay soft frees to make scoring look better… now that’s a conspiracy that makes more sense than Vic bias

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Saints v Suns Sat June 8th 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Back