Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Nick Larkey's goal song. If you don't want to hear it, hold him bett

I had record breaking laughing reactions to my post when I said towards the end of the 2nd quarter that the umps were keeping North in it.

The 48 point lead at half time was a par score handicap, in the end even when they got out to 54 points early in the 3rd, it wasn't enough.
I went looking for the TAB at Marvel at half time. Collingwood never seemed far enough out of it to not come back

OIG3.U_8vKzU1nDfeS6BcEhMa

Your lead was built on some laughable free kicks- two in the second term were comical. The "push" in the back when a big girlie ruck man hurled himself over the fence when he felt a touch to his back and a "dangerous tackle" free which should never have been awarded because the pill was a metre over the line a second before the incident.

You were also playing a wounded team made up of many VFL players.
I didn't know that rule. Are you allowed to tackle people dangerously if the ball is already over the line?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there a bit of, er, tanking with subbing Phillips? Up to that point Teakle I would have thought would have been the likely one to sub.

Yeah sure. They don’t tank in the last round when a loss would guarantee them landing Harley Reid but they’re going to tank a random mid season game.

Alright, so when do we get handed a win to compensate for that one? And then when does the side who loses that game get handed theirs?
You had yours last week with that bullshit call at the end to win North the game.
Fancy North supporters crying about the umps, when it was the umps that handed them the game last week.

Short memories.

Things that prevented the kangaroos win, in order:
1- umpiring. Pretty clearly.
2- Tom Powell doing the dumbest thing I've seen from a player since the Jake Lever "I'm spinning around" moment. Picking up a ball and not giving the ball back. 50m and goal. Dumb as. Almost delistable bad.
3- Zurhaar handball. He had Curtis Taylor wide open instead he handballed it to the disadvantage of another team mate.
4- Zac Fisher kick-in. He needed to take the game on as North needed another goal. Instead he hesitates like an absolute flog and then misses a 40m target. He could get dropped for Mckercher on that effort alone.

Also that soft 50 to Daicos and goalfor Powell trying to hand the ball back gave him no time at all.

Clear touched goal ticked off for the Pies

Yet two Pies can charge an uncontested mark and play on.

We move on but that is some demoralising stuff from the umps.

You had yours last week with that bullshit call at the end to win North the game.
Fancy North supporters crying about the umps, when it was the umps that handed them the game last week.

Short memories.
let me help you out. In Australian Rules Football, a goal (that's when the ball is kicked through the big sticks in the middle) is worth 6 (six) points.

1718520155655.png

Now, North Melbourne won last week's game by 9 (nine) points. Nine is actually a larger number than Six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Back