Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to be serious questions asked about Nick Daicos when the pressure is on.

Has completely gone to water in final terms multiple times this season, especially the last two weeks when the oppostion has kicked 5+ goals.

Destroyed by Cripps and co last week and then Warner and Heeney tonight.

Hes got a fair way to go.
I think his size will always be a limiting factor when pressure ramps up. Merrett also suffers from the same issue.

You can't say that when a big contested win is required to be won that neither Daicos or Merrett will win it against the bigger bodies of Cripps, Heeney, Bontempelli etc.

Sydney will be hard to beat in the finals if they get that kind of umpiring. What was that 10000 deliberate out of bounds calls? And the non-50m in the last 30 seconds for something 1000x worse than Blakey got 50m for in the 3rd quarter.
Your team as gifted as any
Choked tonight

………. Anybody home McFly? OMG he just couldn’t believe what he was seeing, where’s our aura gone? where’s our close wins gone? ………. Welcome back to reality Fly lol
They have an extraordinarily good record over the last couple of years in <2 goals games…

And by extraordinary, we mean second best record in the league over that time…

Sydney will be hard to beat in the finals if they get that kind of umpiring. What was that 10000 deliberate out of bounds calls? And the non-50m in the last 30 seconds for something 1000x worse than Blakey got 50m for in the 3rd quarter.
Those deliberates were there. That 50 was not there. You’re only saying it due to the nuffy commentator barracking for the pies.

You lost.

I think his size will always be a limiting factor when pressure ramps up. Merrett also suffers from the same issue.

You can't say that when a big contested win is required to be won that neither Daicos or Merrett will win it against the bigger bodies of Cripps, Heeney, Bontempelli etc.

Agree on that, but its just such a common theme with Nick so far in his career.

He cant have it all his way. Every team has great midfielders and when they get on top he just doesnt give a shout.

Its a serious flaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You the type of guy to celebrate your wife’s boyfriend getting a promotion
No just don't like campaigners sticking the boots in when there own team has done diddly squat
I'll always side with my Collingwood colleagues than any Carlton supporter

Will be interesting to see if Heeney gets Brownlow votes. I mean he should get 3, but we will see if the umpires basically refuse to give the votes to players who are not eligible to win. That really should not affect getting the votes though.
If Heeney doesn’t get 3 then time to scrap current Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Fri Aug 9th 7:40pm AEST (SCG)

Back