Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No need for this sort of stuff
I'm not sure what else to call such incessant and relentless whinging. It's bad loser mentality. Geelong will lose plenty of games this year under all sorts of circumstances and you have to take it on the chin. There was so much Carlton had in their control that they executed poorly under pressure.

Voss will be focussing on those areas to improve and instilling a good attitude to his troops.

What’s your argument? Geelong played the bigger moments better. They led from start to finish. Deserved the four points.
Carlton fans think every time they lose it’s the umpires fault.
They never lead once the entire game and we’re very fortunate we slacked off the last five minutes. Even with the game still to be won we got it up there to Cameron to seal it once and for all.

You can’t knock Carlton’s efforts. Gave it everything they had. It was a great game of footy from two top four sides.

Carlton just need to get off the sook pills

What’s your argument? Geelong played the bigger moments better. They led from start to finish. Deserved the four points.
What argument? You won the game because you converted your chances and we didn't. But the umpiring was still ridiculously poor and it all went one way. People say a team was robbed because of one free kick in the last 30 seconds in the close game - this was far worse because it was consistent across four quarters

Well I always said it was going to be a factor. Nothing has changed here.

Geelong got Bluetalised with this weeks team filled with 30-35th player on the list

Thats ok - I am actually proud of the players. Would have been something if we beat the handbaggers this week. But rematch with two healthy and inform lists is in order.
Great. Both sides had things to be proud of and areas to improve.

It was a good game of footy and Carlton rightly remain one of the premiership favourites.

Geelong can live with the fraud tag from salty neutrals for another week, it really doesn't matter in the long run. Most people expected another 12th place finished or worst this season. And we are doing it with players like Hawkins and Stanley cooked.

Oh please. We can't win a HTB decision to save our lives but they're always red hot on us.

We're the most disciplined team in the league, 7-0 for wins, we don't play "unsociable footy" a la Richmond or Hawthorn, yet we've also lost the free kick count 0-7 this year.

We just don't get paid the frees that are there.
Mate we couldn't buy a HTB decision what game we're you watching and you got some were there was no prior like Binns Q4. At one point it was 14 tackles to 2 or something i50 and we had not been rewarded for one despite multiple fend offs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what else to call such incessant and relentless whinging. It's bad loser mentality. Geelong will lose plenty of games this year under all sorts of circumstances and you have to take it on the chin. There was so much Carlton had in their control that they executed poorly under pressure.

Voss will be focussing on those areas to improve and instilling a good attitude to his troops.
I know what to call your post - Trolling.

Yep, burned a lot of grass on too many filed kicks and wasted a lot of shots on goal.
Well done to the Cats though. They played great and very deserving of the win.

We didn't play great at all.
We were well down in most key areas when it comes to season averages. Of course the opposition had a major say in that but a lot of players were down for long periods of the game.
Hawkins took one mark! Kicked a solitary behind.

Carlton will welcome back Saad and McGovern but their back-line is effectively set. Geelong get back Stewart and they lost a pretty handy midfielder 13 minutes into the third quarter.

If Voss plays both Pittonet/De Koning in the rematch, I think we see Conway/Stanley pairing up which should be an upgrade based on today's performances.

What argument? You won the game because you converted your chances and we didn't. But the umpiring was still ridiculously poor and it all went one way. People say a team was robbed because of one free kick in the last 30 seconds in the close game - this was far worse because it was consistent across four quarters
Please. Be gracious. Don’t try and tell me that the umpires were the reason you lost. Decisions can be for or against but you need to put yourself in a position where you’re not riding on these for the four points. better team played the big moments better. Simple.

More confident than ever. Cats were great, we will be just as great when the whips are cracking and we get players back. Nearly 70 I50’s will translate to a win more often than not.

One of the best games of the year so far.
Pin this post. This is a respectable effort. I'm appointing you captain of the Carlton supporter base.

Please. Be gracious. Don’t try and tell me that the umpires were the reason you lost. Decisions can be for or against but you need to put yourself in a position where you’re not riding on these for the four points. better team played the big moments better. Simple.

I'm not a Bluebagger bro.

Back