Preview AFL Round 22 v Lions - Prematch Selection & Discussion - DaVe 86 Preview Post 83 - Teams Post 93

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 22 v Lions: Prematch Selection & Discussion

ok sweet, he must be goood,what position??
and also, where garunteed top if we win sat night yeh.
unless geelong smash us in round 24.
does merret stilll play for brisbane hes a freak backman. he will shut down cloke big time!

merret is out for the year bro

Get it right, it's "soreness".:p

It is now the most common injury in the AFL.:D

Wellingham confirmed as a groin injury on the AFL site.:(:thumbsdown:

lol my bad.

As for Wellingham, it is definitely a cautious approach. We play in WA next week so I reckon he will be back in to play in front of his family and friends.

Geez that team is so good, and where still a bit from full strength.
i hope dids isnt sub this week, stick him down the forward line and he will kick a bag against the lions.
anyone got any info on young, never even heard of the kid.
and im loving it to see sinclair back, him and fasolo remind me of beams and sidebottom, hopefully they turn out like them.
Fasolo is already a freak
Go pies

99% sure Young was a NSW scholarship player a few years back, then came onto our rookie list in 2009/10 (not sure about which one) and then got drafted up into our seniors squad. Plays off of the Half Back Flank, so most likely a Jonno replacement.

99% sure Young was a NSW scholarship player a few years back, then came onto our rookie list in 2009/10 (not sure about which one) and then got drafted up into our seniors squad. Plays off of the Half Back Flank, so most likely a Jonno replacement.

Young came straight onto the Senior List

Geez that team is so good, and where still a bit from full strength.
i hope dids isnt sub this week, stick him down the forward line and he will kick a bag against the lions.
anyone got any info on young, never even heard of the kid.
and im loving it to see sinclair back, him and fasolo remind me of beams and sidebottom, hopefully they turn out like them.
Fasolo is already a freak
Go pies

MM said on Wednesday that Didak will NOT be sub for final 3 games.

So Who will be the Sub?

Sinclair or Young at a guess.

Well done to Young on debut:thumbsu:
Tooves being back will make our defense nigh on impossible to penetrate.

MM said on Wednesday that Didak will NOT be sub for final 3 games.
Interesting. WE've certainly got a lot of capable subs. Rounds, Blair, Fasolo, although it seems a trend to put first gamers as subs. Will be interesting to see who is the sub in the grand final (should we make it)

:(:(Disappointed big Dawesy isn't back yet:(:(

Starting to get worried he might not get back or wont be match fit enough when he actually does get back.

Interesting. WE've certainly got a lot of capable subs. Rounds, Blair, Fasolo, although it seems a trend to put first gamers as subs. Will be interesting to see who is the sub in the grand final (should we make it)
Fasolo i hope
You could pretty much pick our grand final team atm.
lol brahh we willl make it easy,u know it!:thumbsu:

Dawes not in the selected VFL side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes not in the selected VFL side.

Ouch! That's also very ominous for Maxy if what Doc Larkins said about the two injuries is correct.

Re: Match Preview: Collingwood v Brisbane

Great preview mate good read :D:thumbsu:

What's with the caption for the picture of the Preview
110818_preview_2.jpg

"Leigh Brown is tackled by Brent Staker in the round 10 match at the Gabba in 2010"

Ouch! That's also very ominous for Maxy if what Doc Larkins said about the two injuries is correct.

You can rule Maxwell out for the rest of the year, AFAIK, this will be the 7th match Dawes will have missed. Heath will be underdone (as far as match fitness goes), ditto for Maxwell & Dawes will have had 1 game at an AFL level when we play our first final. You don't want to carry 3 players into a final.

I think this whole match fitness thing is a bit of a myth. Dawes has broken is knuckle, shaw is suspended. They will be doing heaps of fitness work. They will come back in better shape than they left. I have NO fear at all

I think Dawes will play next week. No need to panic.

I would rather his hand be close to 100% and only have 2 games before the finals then play 3 games before the finals and labour with a still injured hand.

He will have lost match fitness but he will have been training fairly hard for some time. It's not like a hammy or other soft tissue. Outside of his hand, his body will be as fresh as a daisy.

From our best 22, we still have these guys to come back:

Dawes
Shaw
Wellingham
Maxwell
Johnson

Maxwell being the most unlikely to get back.

Re: Match Preview: Collingwood v Brisbane

"Leigh Brown is tackled by Brent Staker in the round 10 match at the Gabba in 2010"
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's not Dave's doing.:)

Great preview as always Dave.:thumbsu:

I kind of like the idea of an awesome sub (Didak, Tooves et al), someone who can come on fresh in the last quarter and tear the game apart.

Pickering said he strained his calf on Saturday morning. He might not be back this year if that's the case.

That is a 3 to 4 week injury.

Pickering said he strained his calf on Saturday morning. He might not be back this year if that's the case.

That is a 3 to 4 week injury.

I wonder if they brought Keefe back in thinking that Dawes might not be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back