AFL Round 6 - Collingwood v W Bulldogs - Prematch with DaVe86's Preview p4 #58, Teams p5 #70

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 6 - Collingwood v Western Bulldogs - Prematch & Selection Discussion

DJ will possibly be playing this week and has played a couple of games already. Vezpremi broke his finger at training last week and will miss a few more weeks, he was in the mix last week and I'm certain he would have been selected this week so it's a horrible blow for him.

As for Everitt, potential only gets you so far, the player must show the application to play senior footy after that. Sydney are sticking with him but from what I have seen of him it's the same Andrejs Everitt but different colours.

I know Pat Vezpremi's family. He was named in the side last week but broke his finger. Would've debuted otherwise. He had multiple weeks of kicking 4 goals in the reserves. Eade said to him from the start that he would come into the side around Round 3. Reasons unknown, but probably didn't want to make any more changes to the side so early and work him into the season.

Also agreed on Everitt. He's done nothing for sydney playing down back and only showed a bit when moved forward in the last quarter against West Coast where he kicked a few goals.

Was subbed off in the wet in the last match after a completely horrible game. Can't believe he sucked me in with my dream team.

Re: AFL Round 6 - Collingwood v Western Bulldogs - Prematch & Selection Discussion

I know Pat Vezpremi's family. He was named in the side last week but broke his finger. Would've debuted otherwise. He had multiple weeks of kicking 4 goals in the reserves. Eade said to him from the start that he would come into the side around Round 3. Reasons unknown, but probably didn't want to make any more changes to the side so early and work him into the season.

I think it was in the first training drill as well. :thumbsdown:

I think he'll be an important player for us when he gets back.

Thanks for the info Dave. :thumbsu:

I think "grab" the hammy is a bit misleading, more like play with it.

I think we'll white wash the dogs no matter what side we put out this week as long as we've got half a decent attitude and not the typical slack jawed attitude we've carried into the bye rounds recently

Looked like he was scratching it to me...

beams out krak in

Biggest wtf ever?!?!

Averaging 20 possies a game and kicked 9 goals and had 35 marks!!

It will be a farce if he plays in the VFL, he has been one of our most consistant performers not only this year but in the last 2 years.
I am actually furious.

Why is Beams Dropped as I thought he was Good on Anzac Day but I guess that would help the VFL Side Tommorow

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/112689/default.aspx

Beams was pretty ordinary on ANZAC day, he got one easy goal and one he genuinely earned, but he wasn't subbed for fitness reasons, he was subbed because his form has been pretty bad so far this year.

It was always going to be a question whether Beams or Wellingham were going to be dropped, but where Sharrod lifted himself last week, Beams didn't.

Correct selection, J-Mac a little stiff to miss out though, but once again it shows how strong our best 25-28 players are.

Can anyone tell me if it's a set thing for a player to be subbed out and miss the next week? Did this happen to Krakeour or possibly others? Can't remember how it's worked so far.

Not much to read into Beams' omission. Coming off a short break too.

Both Dick and Krak need some game time in the seniors and they will get that this week.

Beams will definitely return for the round 8 clash vs Geelong- a side he normally plays quite well against.

Just part of Mick's rotational selection policy to have a number of players ready to go at his disposal.

Relax guys - CFC just updated their facebook page and someone asked why Dayne Beams has been dropped and they replied - not dropped just omitted. Player rotation. No injury. Nothing in it. Good to see Andrew Krakouer back, hope he plays a blinder. !!!

No issue with the selection. I think on the basis of consistancy though Didak would be under pressure to perform. I know it's a fitness issue more than anything but I still feel whilst he isn't at top form he needs to work harder on the 1% things (defensive work rate, attacking the ball etc)

Both Dick and Krak need some game time in the seniors and they will get that this week.

Beams will definitely return for the round 8 clash vs Geelong- a side he normally plays quite well against.

Just part of Mick's rotational selection policy to have a number of players ready to go at his disposal.

Yep, agree with all that.

I think we are in a new era at Collingwood.

In the old days you'd only be dropped on form ( or for disciplenary reasons)

We have now entered the era of rotational droppings aswell.

It's the only way ( barring injury and suspension ) of keeping 27-28 guys AFL, as opposed to VFL, matchfit.

As someone posted earlier, MM admitted that he erred by keeping Medhurst in the VFL too long, so when he was called up, he was off the pace.

We are faves to win the flag this year, only the unforseen is likely to stop us, this policy is covering the 'injury or suspension unforeseen' component.

It also keeps the players that little bit fresher...was it 09 we seemed to runout of legs right near the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how the rotation policy for x amount of numbers works when no new players are getting game time but part of a rotation policy of players in our best 22.

He has had sore groins before and was subbed last week so he might be feeling the pinch.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can get stats on our players in last quarter? I wonder who is finishing the games the best.

Not sure how the rotation policy for x amount of numbers works when no new players are getting game time but part of a rotation policy of players in our best 22.

He has had sore groins before and was subbed last week so he might be feeling the pinch.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can get stats on our players in last quarter? I wonder who is finishing the games the best.
Post a question across here some-one will give you answer within 24 hrs...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577967&page=21

Correct selection.

Really? One would have thought the obvious omission was Sidey'. Has easily done the least this season, easily!

EDIT* Okay, maybe not. I just had a look at the team stats. still not good though. Haha /egg,face

Beams was pretty ordinary on ANZAC day, he got one easy goal and one he genuinely earned, but he wasn't subbed for fitness reasons, he was subbed because his form has been pretty bad so far this year.

It was always going to be a question whether Beams or Wellingham were going to be dropped, but where Sharrod lifted himself last week, Beams didn't.

Correct selection, J-Mac a little stiff to miss out though, but once again it shows how strong our best 25-28 players are.
What bullshit. Beams has hardly been poor this year. For one he has been far FAR superior to Steele Sidebottom, whom has been distinctly average. Why has Sidebottom not been dropped? I certainly would have dropped Wellingham before Beams in terms of total performance so far.

Beams has been very good given the roles he has been given to play. He has got plenty of the ball, used it well and kicked goals. To say he has been poor is ridiculous, he has been closer to our top 10 performed players than bottom. And he only played 3 quarters on Anzac day but still got 12 touches and kicked 2 goals. What do you want from a HFF, 30 touches a game and 5 goals?

Beams has been very good given the roles he has been given to play. He has got plenty of the ball, used it well and kicked goals. To say he has been poor is ridiculous, he has been closer to our top 10 performed players than bottom. And he only played 3 quarters on Anzac day but still got 12 touches and kicked 2 goals. What do you want from a HFF, 30 touches a game and 5 goals?

I think Beams has been good this year.

But we don't know the full story.

He may have a niggle, there's always the possibility he snoozed off during a team meeting whatever...

It may be they thought take his turn to rest him for this one, cos we want him for Geelong as he always plays well against them, who knows??

One thing I'm learning fast, i think we can trust the MC and Collingwood player management department.

What bullshit. Beams has hardly been poor this year.
Actually no, it's not BULLSHIT, it's my opinion, and against the only 2 competitive football teams we have played, Beams has been in our bottom half in both games (Carlton and Essendon).

I don't believe he has been dropped, I believe he has been "rotated", but you haven't seen the likes of Pendles, Ball or Swan rotated yet, which clearly states we are rotating our "bottom end" players at the moment.

I'll give you Steele though, he has struggled also early in the year, but I'd rate him ahead of Beams, based on his performance against Carlton.

Don't get me wrong, Beams is very much part of our future plans this season, but he isn't anywhere near our top 10 in terms of output this season, although he is unlucky that he plays for us, as his performances so far this year probably would have him in or near the top 10 at any other club.

He is in the bottom 6-7 of our 22 that played last week, that's why he is the one "chosen" to be rotated, maybe Steele may be next, maybe Blair, but I don't think we will see any of our "stars" rotated/rested until after our second bye, which is round 13 this year.

I think Beams has been good this year.

But we don't know the full story.

He may have a niggle, there's always the possibility he snoozed off during a team meeting whatever...

It may be they thought take his turn to rest him for this one, cos we want him for Geelong as he always plays well against them, who knows??

One thing I'm learning fast, i think we can trust the MC and Collingwood player management department.
I'm not arguing the reasons for him being dropped, as I'm fairly sure it is simply part of the rotation policy. I'm arguing against some clown calling Beams poor this season.

Actually no, it's not BULLSHIT, it's my opinion, and against the only 2 competitive football teams we have played, Beams has been in our bottom half in both games (Carlton and Essendon).

I don't believe he has been dropped, I believe he has been "rotated", but you haven't seen the likes of Pendles, Ball or Swan rotated yet, which clearly states we are rotating our "bottom end" players at the moment.

I'll give you Steele though, he has struggled also early in the year, but I'd rate him ahead of Beams, based on his performance against Carlton.

Don't get me wrong, Beams is very much part of our future plans this season, but he isn't anywhere near our top 10 in terms of output this season, although he is unlucky that he plays for us, as his performances so far this year probably would have him in or near the top 10 at any other club.

He is in the bottom 6-7 of our 22 that played last week, that's why he is the one "chosen" to be rotated, maybe Steele may be next, maybe Blair, but I don't think we will see any of our "stars" rotated/rested until after our second bye, which is round 13 this year.
In our bottom half? So being in our bottom half for two games means he's been poor and should be dropped?

You clearly stated that Beams was dropped for form reasons, yet now you backtrack and say he is being "rotated". I've got no issues with that, what I have issues with is someone saying he's been poor and has been dropped for form reasons.

I'll give you ten players names who he's been better than this season. Brown, Krakouer, Didak, Tarrant, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Maxwell, Johnson, Davis, Reid. Add MacCaffer, Dick, Buckley and Wood as players who've only played limited games. I'd probably even add Jolly to that list, as he's been poor this season also.

If he's bottom half, it's very very marginal, and there's plenty of others whom deserve the chop ahead of him.

Relax guys - CFC just updated their facebook page and someone asked why Dayne Beams has been dropped and they replied - not dropped just omitted. Player rotation. No injury. Nothing in it. Good to see Andrew Krakouer back, hope he plays a blinder. !!!

What is the difference between being dropped and omitted?

Players are fatigueing more than ever this year.

Player management is critical this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sidebottom, Wellingham, Blair and Ball all rested at stages this season.
I agree with this. We're in a very fortunate position where we can rest players and still get wins. The club really looks set on using this playing management to full advantage and it's looking like it's taken a pretty scientific route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back