AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discus

plenty of people, because the pies are still one of the best sides in the comp.

Very nice of you, and if both teams were full strength, I'd not only agree, but I'd be tippng Collingwood.

But in our current state, you'll kill us. Much like I tipped you to kill us in the NAB Cup.

The squads going in actually aren't too dissimilar as a matter of fact.

Re: AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discus

With Swan and Reid out I would probably err on the side of a couple of midfielders as the replacements.

I say that because Keefe will be given Tippett and other than him they really only played Jenkins up there and hence would be inclined to send Maxwell to him. Would send Harry to Porps and Toovey to Callinan. They will aim to send Petrenko to Shaw I would think. If we needed to Goldsack could play back this week. The only reason I would look to bring in Tarrant is if you thought Tippett could take him apart and you woudl need some insurance. But apart from that it is a night game, they arent usually dominated by the talls and hence i would go quicker.

My two ins would be Williams (without having seen anything to contrary i reckon they rested him last wk) and probably YOung or Seedsman. Seedsman was good v Lions but Young has been very good in the middle and with Swan out they may prefer that.

Either way I think we will lose but given who we have out I dont reasonably think you could expect much more.

Very nice of you, and if both teams were full strength, I'd not only agree, but I'd be tippng Collingwood.

But in our current state, you'll kill us. Much like I tipped you to kill us in the NAB Cup.

The squads going in actually aren't too dissimilar as a matter of fact.

Just like you tipped Geelong to beat us comfortably:p;)

Jolly must play, to consider dropping him is ridiculous.

Just like you tipped Geelong to beat us comfortably:p;)

Jolly must play, to consider dropping him is ridiculous.

I know I tipped Geelong, but as I stated, it was more my basis for tipping them that ended up being wrong.

I assumed Geelong would play out of their skin thanks to the pasting they copped in the media, and they did to an extent, but I guess I underestimated our resolve.

The HUN has reported that Swan and Reid are 'likely' to miss a month.

Good result considering we should of rested a few players over the next month anyway

Hopefully we have full compliment ready for WCE at the G come round 13

Neither will Tarrant so that should be a good match up.

Classic!!!!

In rd 6 last year we beat the Dogs by 48 points:p
Also in 09 Geelong lost their first game to StK in rd 14, so they won rd 13. Not to mention they won the flag.

Agree that Adelaide has been hot for a while but clutching at straws imo.

Thanks for the corrections - misread the wiki table.

ADEL are hot and are due, and this will also be there third blockbuster in a row.

This is why I was dissapointed in us not getting Kris Pendlebury as a rookie. Out of everyone in the VFL side, apart from Tarrant who needs to be rested, he is the perfect player to slot in for Reid.

Aside from that, we may have to lean towards bringing Shae in... I really REALLY like Goldsack up forward.

Haven't watched any Adelaide games, can someone tell me if Adelaide are the real deal or not?

Kris Pendles problem is his height. At 190cm he isn't as tall as Goldsack, Maxwell, Paine, or Young, and is on a par with Tooves, Buckley, and Seedsman. Of that group, Paine is the only one considered a key position prospect. Another 2-3 cms and we wouldn't be having this conversation, he'd already be on a senior list somewhere.

i am surprise by the lack of confidence shown by some pies supporters about your teams chances next week, your team has played in the last 2 grand finals that alone should give you confidence that your team can beat anybody anywhere no matter how good their are playing.

collingwood should be favourites simply because their are the better team and their peformances in the last 3 years shows their can keep performing week in week out for majority of the year.

Missing Ball, Krakouer, Macaffer, Johnson, Brown, Reid, Swan and likely Tarrant (8 of our best 22-24 players) may have something to do with it. Add to that the loss of Davis and Leroy Brown from last years team and you might start to get an understanding about our concern.

Missing Ball, Krakouer, Macaffer, Johnson, Brown, Reid, Swan and likely Tarrant (8 of our best 22-24 players) may have something to do with it. Add to that the loss of Davis and Leroy Brown from last years team and you might start to get an understanding about our concern.

Hah!
It's only a flesh wound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts of giving Marty Clark a run with roll on Dangerfield??

I don't reckon he's hard enough. He was a great match up for Stanton because he's more of an outside runner, suited Clarke perfectly. I'd put Beams on Danger to go head to head and try to hurt him the other way. Clarke could potentially go with Sloane and I'd like to see Daisy used on Thompson.

Funny how Jetta has become the first victim of staging after 3 years:p

Watched the Thomas incident today and I thought it would at least be looked at, bit stupid and lucky it didn't.

Im going to adelaide for the first time this weekend for the footy, and i was just wanting to know if they still let the fans on the ground after the game. I hope so it will be good to take on some crows fans!!!

Im going to adelaide for the first time this weekend for the footy, and i was just wanting to know if they still let the fans on the ground after the game. I hope so it will be good to take on some crows fans!!!

yes you are allowed on the ground approx 10 minutes after the game

When Ben Hart was last at the Crows they were playing terrible. It is only since Hart left, and Sanderson arrived (along with Milburn to replace Hart as backline coach), that Adelaide have been playing anything approaching decent footy.

Bit rich having a dig at Hart. Our defence last year was one of the few areas that was reasonable considering how crap the rest of the side was.

The change in our side is due to Craig going and Sando replacing him, nothing to do with Hart, otherwise how do you explain Bickley and Campo.

Sorry boys for bringing a Crows discussion on to your board.

By the way, this will be our 6th blockbuster in a row when you include the Showdown and Sydney.

Should be a great game, and we owe you more than one.

Kris Pendles problem is his height. At 190cm he isn't as tall as Goldsack, Maxwell, Paine, or Young, and is on a par with Tooves, Buckley, and Seedsman. Of that group, Paine is the only one considered a key position prospect. Another 2-3 cms and we wouldn't be having this conversation, he'd already be on a senior list somewhere.
Fair point.

I think the Crows are a top 3 side in the comp and can not wait to play them. I am more pumped about playing them then I was playing the Cats last week.

Bit rich having a dig at Hart. Our defence last year was one of the few areas that was reasonable considering how crap the rest of the side was..

I may be wrong, but I don't know that you read the right meaning into the Hart remark. I'd read it as simply saying that times have changed at Adelaide, that when Hart was there, NOT because Hart was there, things were terrible.

Here's hoping that Ben Hart has some good inside information about the strength and weaknesses of the Crows.

Our gameplan has changed a lot since he was with us. I can't imagine his 'inside info' would affect us as bad as say Sanderson and Milburn's did when we versed Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back