AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discus

Might these VFL review comments from Mitch Hahn suggest the No 35 might be back in the AFL very soon?

35. Jamie Elliott (14 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals): "Has shown over the last couple of weeks that he wants to be given an opportunity at AFL level. Played in the middle and as a forward. He is doing everything right. His performances on game days have raised eyebrows."

With others possibly needing to share the mid-field load, could be playing forward as soon as this week.

Re: AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discus

Might these VFL review comments from Mitch Hahn suggest the No 35 might be back in the AFL very soon?

35. Jamie Elliott (14 disposals, 5 marks, 2 goals): "Has shown over the last couple of weeks that he wants to be given an opportunity at AFL level. Played in the middle and as a forward. He is doing everything right. His performances on game days have raised eyebrows."

With others possibly needing to share the mid-field load, could be playing forward as soon as this week.

He should be the sub IMO, although I think they'll go with Young and Ugle ahead of him.

pies can win.... gonna be a cracker - bring back Taz!!

Looking forward to watching superstars of the competition Pendlebury and S.Thompson and future jets in Sidebottom/Beams vs Dangerfield/Sloane.

Will be a cracker of a game, the team that gets the upper hand in the midfield will simply win this game. Adelaide have dominated contested possessions, an area we pride ourselves in, they have clearance kings in Thompson, Sloane and Dangerfield, add to that Van Berlo and it is a very solid unit. With Swan out, Sidebottom, Wellingham, Beams, Blair and Thomas will be doing a lot of the grunt work with Pendles. Whilst Jacobs vs Jolly will be vital for us as Jacobs is one of the in-form ruckmen of the comp.

Also big game for Clokey, has struggled over the past month, needs to step up and really stamp himself on an important game, not against teams like Port/GC/Melb.

We seriouslly need to stop dangerfield... his their heart and soul and their spark. If he has a flat game, adelaide look flat. Clarke on dangerfield id say, clarke might not be explosive enough however

We seriouslly need to stop dangerfield... his their heart and soul and their spark. If he has a flat game, adelaide look flat. Clarke on dangerfield id say, clarke might not be explosive enough however

Dangerfield has been great this season but Scott Thompson is their heart and soul. However i don't think we can stop him (like swan) so if we do try and stop anyone, it would be dangerfield and then sloane.

B: O’Brien – Keeffe – Toovey
HB: Shaw – Maxwell – Buckley
C: Sidebottom – Beams – Wellingham
HF: Blair – Cloke – Didak
F: Fasolo – Dawes – Goldsack
FL: Jolly – S. Pendlebury – D. Thomas
INT: Clarke – Sinclair – Young
Sub: M. Williams​

Buckley will get the job on Dangerfield.
Young and M. Williams to come in.

Can't help but wonder what we'd be like if Adelaide hadn't signed Sanderson.

He'd have come over here to be Bucks mid coach, surely.

:(

Can't help but wonder what we'd be like if Adelaide hadn't signed Sanderson.

He'd have come over here to be Bucks mid coach, surely.

:(

Cant help but wonder if we hadnt of recruited pendlebury swan and sidebottom.

Surely they'd be at another club :(

Cant help but wonder if we hadnt of recruited pendlebury swan and sidebottom.

Surely they'd be at another club :(

You're gonna have to talk me through the point of this post.

Much the same as the point in your previous post. If particular players/coaches weren't signed to collingwood, they'd be elsewhere, and vice versa.

Except that we're playing Adelaide this week, Sanderson has done a damned good job so far, and we were looking at bringing him in to replace Neeld when Adelaide snaffled him. The track record of Geelong's midfield under his tutelage also outstanding.

Do you think he'd be pretty handy in that role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield didnt fire against geelong and we still smashed them. Its hard to keep them both out of the game though, so far this this season atleast one of them has played great in each game. If you could nullify them both, it would be a solid effort

Buckley will get the job on Dangerfield.

If that happens, we might as well pencil Dangerfield in for 30+ possies and 2-3 goals because Buckley has Buckleys chance of going with him.

Nice preview, well done..... but wasnt so sure about the last bit that says you will win for a few reasons including your "superior fitness regime"...........have you watched us play this year? Did you realise we have easily won 6 out of our 8 last quarters this year? Sanderson this week complimented Neil Craig on the fact that he had inherited an extremely fit and well drilled squad, something the crows have been well known for over the years. So far this year, if we are remotely within reach of our opposition at 3/4 time we will very possibly win the game due to our strong fitness. Not saying your mob arent fit too, but to say so confidently your fitness regime is superior raised an eyebrow.

Nice preview, well done..... but wasnt so sure about the last bit that says you will win for a few reasons including your "superior fitness regime"...........have you watched us play this year? Did you realise we have easily won 6 out of our 8 last quarters this year? Sanderson this week complimented Neil Craig on the fact that he had inherited an extremely fit and well drilled squad, something the crows have been well known for over the years. So far this year, if we are remotely within reach of our opposition at 3/4 time we will very possibly win the game due to our strong fitness. Not saying your mob arent fit too, but to say so confidently your fitness regime is superior raised an eyebrow.

Honestly, I'm clutching at straws to find ways that we can actually win this game, so the fitness comment was one I thought could give us an advantage.

I thought Craig's so called fitness expertise was highly over rated, as your record under him was pretty poor, and it's more the depth of your midfield this year that has seen you win last quarters, rather than superior fitness.

I was also considering the fact we have an extra 2 days rest, which is about the only real advantage we have coming into this game.

Maybe I'm just trying to find a way for us to win, but I firmly believe we still have the best fitness/sports science department in the AFL, so I'll pull that out from time to time.:D

If you're looking for reasons why Collingwood will win then I don't think we can base it on logic. There really isn't any logical reasons with our form and injuries to win away against a side running white hot.

The reasons to be optimistic though is that football often is illogical. It may just "click" this week with the challenge. The fact we are truly and rightfully underdogs may spur the pride in the team. Sinclair may kick 8 goals straight.

I'm somewhat optimistic to be honest... except for the last point

If you're looking for reasons why Collingwood will win then I don't think we can base it on logic. There really isn't any logical reasons with our form and injuries to win away against a side running white hot.

The reasons to be optimistic though is that football often is illogical. It may just "click" this week with the challenge. The fact we are truly and rightfully underdogs may spur the pride in the team. Sinclair may kick 8 goals straight.

I'm somewhat optimistic to be honest... except for the last point

Wouldn't that be a sight to behold?

There's a few posters here who would be having kittens :D

I'd have puppies. :D

This game will be won or lost by their forward lines.
Both midfields will win their fair share of the ball.
It will come down to the team that takes their chances when the opportunity arises.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Adelaide Crows - Sat 26/5/12 - 7.40 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back