Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

The non-call for kicking in danger 20m out directly in front of our goal nearly cost us the game. Up by 16 points at the time and instead of putting it out to 22 they run it up the other end and cut it to 10 and get momentum back.

What about that Jy holding the ball and the resultant goal when he basically took one off balance step compared to the opportunity Rowell got in a dual tackle at that last centre bounce that wasn’t called, but gave him time to get his arms free and give the handball off?

What about that Jy holding the ball and the resultant goal when he basically took one off balance step compared to the opportunity Rowell got in a dual tackle at that last centre bounce that wasn’t called, but gave him time to get his arms free and give the handball off?
Yep, infuriating umpiring.

Someone mentioned earlier about our fade out in the last and the disappointment of it. And while I do agree a bit, I’m rewatching the last now and gee we had a lot of nearly moments to really put the game away. I think we generally competed really well in the last
It's just the cleaning up of the disposal. You're right, we did a lot and have done a lot right, but we leave ourselves open with ball use occasionally and we do need to clean that up a bit. Our ball use is allowing the opposition in too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win.
Still processing that.

The last quarter, I hate how we go into our shells when we have a small lead. Conservative defensive footy just invites sides to go at us.
But we won! so the boys deserve to enjoy this feeling and to do in front of their home fans as well. So good.

This game is luck based.
Ainsworth could have iced it and we’d all have gone home disappointed.

I know we’ve been conditioned to losing for so long and that's made that last minute so excruciating.
Just wishing, hoping we hold on but expecting some further heartbreak to occur.
So after Curtis marked that last hack kick forward and we all knew it was ours - what a sense of relief!

Never cried at the footy, but I remember when poor teams in the past like Melbourne and Saints, etc the expansion teams - after weeks and weeks of losses, finally breakthrough for a win.. it does overwhelm you.

So that feeling of relief. Of finally we did it. Of cheering the siren. Singing the song. It was all too much. But we got it done at home.
So let’s get f***ing get used to winning now. I don’t ever want us or the boys to feel the pain of the last few years.

Onwards and upwards Kangas❤️

Last edited:

Pretty sure Jy got pinged because he fended off.

Great win.
Still processing that.

The last quarter, I hate how we go into our shells when we have a small lead.
But we won so the boys deserve this feeling and to do in front of their home fans as well. So good.

This game is luck based.

I know we’re now conditioned to losing, so that last minute was excruciating.

Just wishing, hoping we hold on but expecting some heartbreak to happen.

So after Curtis marked that last hack kick forward and we all knew it was ours - what a sense of relief.

Never cried at the footy, but I remember when poor teams in the past like Melbourne and Saints, etc the expansion teams - after weeks and weeks of losses, to finally breakthrough for a win.. it does overwhelm you.

So that feeling of relief. Of finally we did it. Of cheering the siren. Singing the song. It was all too much. But we did it!

So let’s get f***ing used to winning now. I don’t ever want us or the boys to feel the pain of the last few years.

Onya Kangas❤️
My mum couldn’t hold back the relief, first win she’s seen in a long time IMG_4793.jpeg

Great win.
Still processing that.

The last quarter, I hate how we go into our shells when we have a small lead.
But we won so the boys deserve this feeling and to do in front of their home fans as well. So good.

This game is luck based.

I know we’re now conditioned to losing, so that last minute was excruciating.

Just wishing, hoping we hold on but expecting some heartbreak to happen.

So after Curtis marked that last hack kick forward and we all knew it was ours - what a sense of relief.

Never cried at the footy, but I remember when poor teams in the past like Melbourne and Saints, etc the expansion teams - after weeks and weeks of losses, to finally breakthrough for a win.. it does overwhelm you.

So that feeling of relief. Of finally we did it. Of cheering the siren. Singing the song. It was all too much. But we did it!

So let’s get f***ing used to winning now. I don’t ever want us or the boys to feel the pain of the last few years.

Onya Kangas❤️
Iam backing montagnas call

Was today his first game of being the actual play-by-play commentator? He was good (just watching the replay now)
I think it's his first time as play-by-play commentator of a North AFL game, at least on Fox Footy, he had done a number of North AFLW games in the past. He started as a play-by-play commentator on Triple M in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back