Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

All year long my criticism of our team has been about how our poorest performing 6 of the 23 has held us back.

Well today...

Lmac was great, Corr was great, Archer was great, Tucker was great, Pink was great, Teakle was great.

**** me.

North Melbourne is incredible.

And let’s not forget - griff to come back!!!!!
I've been annoyed with Powell but he was pretty fair today. He doesn't and has never lacked ability, it's just the defensive efforts that he could be a bit better at. We're all armchair experts, but I've often thought by watching that if we cleaned up a few things in the middle, a lot of the other stuff would take care of itself.

first win i’ve seen live since the west coast game in 2022, what a great ****ing day. soo proud of the boys. got to witness two of the greatest assists you’ll ever see from tom powells torpedo and mckerchers amazing run on the boundary(can’t remember if larkey slotted the one from mckercher).

sheezel, ldu and mckercher were all brilliant. backline held up very well besides comben but he’s still finding his feet in the roll and got outplayed by a much more experienced player. a few people laughed at me in the game day thread when i said lmac is having a great quarter and that was without a doubt his best game for the year! soo proud of the boys and soo glad we got to continue dimmas eternal nightmare of playing away from home and at marvel stadium!

UP THE ****ING ROOBOYS!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kerch: what a player. That run down the wing and goal assist was insane. The crowd went ballistic. Incredible run. He is going to be doing this multiple times a game. He is like a heat-seeking missile. So impressive.

Sheeze: what a second half. He won us the game with his constant presenting and smarts. Best game for the club. F*ck all the AA selectors if they cannot realise he needs to be in the conversation.

Bailey: made a couple of bad decisions, but ran his guts out and was important in so many 50/50s on the wing and HB.

LDU: Awesome last quarter. He seems to be someone who definitely responds to the crowd. That goal would have brought the roof down.

Arch: just heart and toughness and fight personified.

McDonald: played a wonderful game without possessing the ball much. This should be what we are aiming for.

Comben: Towelled in the first half. Return to being super man in the second.

Stephens: apart from one terrible effort in second half, I thought he played with precision and did ok.

Teakle: some awesome work in the ruck, two amazing contested marks and a goal. If he can deliver this each week, he will be in our next premiership team.

Jy: I can’t really say I noticed him much despite 500 metres, 5 clearances and 28 possessions.

I thought our uncontested game in the first half was slicing up the suns. They really only scored on the back of our stuff ups. In the second half, our midfield mauled them I thought.
I thought Jy was brilliant mate.

What a win!!! Good Coast were coming back in the 4th quarter big X was having a spell and we had Teakle in the ruck for 3 consecutive centre bounces. We lost all 3 clearances. Big X came back on, and he steadied the ship. X really plays like an extra midfielder at the contest.
Thought Jy was good early, then Sheezel, Xerri and McKercher were equally brilliant.

Someone mentioned earlier about our fade out in the last and the disappointment of it. And while I do agree a bit, I’m rewatching the last now and gee we had a lot of nearly moments to really put the game away. I think we generally competed really well in the last

We ground out a win without any player tearing up the game. Everyone contributed at some stage. Larkey didn’t have to kick a bag to get us over the line.
My best mate(Richmond man) was ribbing me about the number one slot but there is no way we be in that zone later in the season.
Had the scarf out the window on the way to the grand kids place. Haven’t done that for awhile

Last edited:

Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back