Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

The most pleasing part about that win was that there were several situations where we would've fallen into a hole earlier in the season. I'm thinking in particular about Gold Coast's run of 5 goals at the end of the first qtr. Earlier in the year they would've kicked another 2-3 goals to start the 2nd qtr and the game would've been over. Instead, we immediately reestablished control of the game and went into half time with the lead. It was disappointing that we couldn't ice the game in the final 5 minutes despite multiple opportunities to do so, but that'll come with time.

I think the Scott haters can FR off after today , his gut busting running and putting his body on the line in crucial stages was immense. Not flashy, but works his Arse off.
His running ability and effort hasn't been questioned, but his decision making and disposal has been an issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And good on Teakle for playing a role and kicking a few in a low possesion game.
I reckon a late free earnt from being dangerous as well. He's playing a solid role.

that possum in the headlights moment and the poster along with a touch-less 1st quarter , but still brings plenty of X factor, will love seeing him mature a bit.
He needs to talk to Paul Curtis about dealing with these type of situations. Eddie has made incorrect choices late in Dogs game as well. He’ll sort it out, I’m sure. As an aside, if only LDU hadn’t cut across in front of Pauly in the last seconds of the Demons game, he would have won the game for us after the siren.

Tucker took a big hit today too, I think in the 4th. I felt the pain from my seat.
That kick into the forward line is what we need to see from him to eke out a few extra years. Less of these 8 iron floaters and more driving low kicks, it doesn't matter whether they are perfect, his up and unders are just dangerous for us.

NORTH Melbourne held off a late Gold Coast comeback to secure a four-point thriller at Marvel Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The Kangaroos got out to a game-high 18-point lead early in the final term, before the Suns reeled off three of the final four goals to set up the grandstand finish.

The 13.9 (87) to 12.11 (83) win lifts the Roos off the bottom of the ladder, while simultaneously consigning Gold Coast to yet another loss on the road.

KANGAROOS v SUNS Full match coverage and stats

First-year defender Colby McKercher, in his first game since round nine, picked up where he left off before his foot injury to finish with 37 disposals and six marks, while fellow young gun Harry Sheezel was typically brilliant with 35 touches, 10 clearances and five tackles.

Nick Larkey returned to form with three goals for the winners, while the Suns' Ben Long and Sam Day each kicked two.

Day left the game at three-quarter time after injuring his foot, while Suns skipper Touk Miller was subbed out in the second term with a wrist injury.

More to come

ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS

NORTH MELBOURNE 3.1 8.3 11.7 13.9 (87)
GOLD COAST 5.1 7.3 9.6 12.11 (83)

GOALS
North Melbourne: Larkey 3, Teakle 2, Curtis, Davies-Uniacke, Dawson, Pink, Sheezel, Shiels, Xerri, Zurhaar
Gold Coast: Day 2, Long 2, Ainsworth, Anderson, Andrew, Flanders, Graham, King, Lukosius, Powell

BEST
North Melbourne: Sheezel, McKercher, Davies-Uniacke, Xerri, Powell, Larkey
Gold Coast: Anderson, Moyle, Rowell, Andrew, Flanders

INJURIES
North Melbourne: Nil
Gold Coast: Day (foot), Miller (wrist)

SUBSTITUTES
North Melbourne: Curtis Taylor (replaced Dylan Stephens in the fourth quarter)
Gold Coast: Bailey Humphrey (replaced Touk Miller in the third quarter)

Crowd: TBC at Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back