Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Have I missed something, what’s with the Oscar slander? Are people really taking umbrage with him doing the weekly west coast poddy?!

It’s a relaxed environment where we get to learn a bit more about the team outside of the facades that they put on game day and in formal interview settings. I quite enjoy the weekly episodes and think Oscar has always been extremely well spoken…

Have I missed something, what’s with the Oscar slander? Are people really taking umbrage with him doing the weekly west coast poddy?!

It’s a relaxed environment where we get to learn a bit more about the team outside of the facades that they put on game day and in formal interview settings. I quite enjoy the weekly episodes and think Oscar has always been extremely well spoken…
People are probably annoyed that he sleeps, instead of practicing F50 tackles on his own at 2am down at MRP.

Could do without his Trump conspiracy crap, just personally.

His footy insights are much blander now he’s a co-captain, and he’s not even on the podcast most weeks, despite the thumbnail.

Best to retire from it and just let Bandy host it (it’s always been his baby anyway).

Apparently, he's also lazy and should be dropped.

Or traded according to some.

Regarding Oscar on the podcasts, I'm still on the fence but can certainly understand where donpyke92 and hudson2006 are coming from...

Even the last podcast, Oscar was on his fourth roast beef roll, chewing away while hosting. Petch went to a pub at 2am to watch the Euro final and sounds like a lot of players game until the early hours playing FIFA or the like. All fine if we're flying, but given where we are at as a club currently not sure it sends the best message. I know they're allowed to have a personal life, but they also need to be careful what perception they set to the fan base when onfield we're getting smashed week in week out.

Enjoyed listening to J Waterman earlier the year regarding his great form.
Interesting that his illness diagnosis last year made him look at his football career mortality and more appreciative of how blessed he is to play AFL.
That his driver to train like never before & look at his life outside re diet/alcohol, (necessary for his medical condition & for his playing ability, it seems). Results have come as seen.
A bloke that has been seen as not up to AFL/fringe by a few has shown that a different attitude can completely change things/perceptions.
He is a self professed leader of the forward line now, in terms of engagement/voice.
Hope that can transition into an official leadership role, if it isn't already, to drive standards.
Mainly for the younger guys.
Our fwd line needs a bit more manic pressure/never say die attitude.

TLDR; Waterman Fwd coach & tells ALL forwards to keep up with him at training, including Cpt.
Not illness related, but I recall Andrew Embley giving up the drink and focusing more on his diet in the early 2000s and it completely transformed him as a player. He must have come real close to being delisted, or at least some real strong conversations with Woosha.

Hopefully Waterman continues on the same upward trajectory, good on him for figuring it out.

Apparently soon after Chris Judd arrived at Carlton he went out for a meal with some of the players. A bowl of hot chips ordered by one of the players was delivered to the table. Judd sent the chips back, and told the players to wake up to themselves and start behaving like professional athletes.
And then the whole restaurant clapped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't that after they got Ed Curnow(?) absolutely hammered at a lunch in the Yarra?

It was that spud fwd that's a great mark that can't buy a goal. Ended up at GC.

Edit: Levi Casboult

Probably the highlight of his career.

Apparently soon after Chris Judd arrived at Carlton he went out for a meal with some of the players. A bowl of hot chips ordered by one of the players was delivered to the table. Judd sent the chips back, and told the players to wake up to themselves and start behaving like professional athletes.

Must not have been a VISY chip box.

It was that spud fwd that's a great mark that can't buy a goal. Ended up at GC.

Edit: Levi Casboult

Probably the highlight of his career.

The infamous booze cruise, Betts also got arrested that night

I do love stories like these

I remember being at the Paramount nightclub in the early 2000s (2004 I reckon) and Daniel Kerr and Chris Judd walking through both with ciggies in their mouths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Back of House Discussion: Targets, Changes, Appointments & Facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

Back