Autopsy Blew our chances against Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't lose sight that we are still an extremely young team.

We've seen a new wave take over the club this year. Errol, blakey, warner and tmac are genuinely the best players on the team. Campbell and logan are progressing extremely well.

In 3 years when this group is 24-26, they are going to be an absolute juggernaut
You get left behind very quick

Never ganratees

How has Gil/ the afl screwed you over exactly? IMO you’re probably the most looked after team in the comp outside of the expansion teams (because the afl needs a strong NSW presence)

Not having a go, curious to hear as I may be misinformed
Here campaigner, actually educate yourself, please read the following article.

And watch third quarter last night from TDK’s ruck free kick in 3rd quarter for around 10mins, tell me the umpiring was fair.

Errol
Logan
Blakey
Campbell
Sheldrick
Warner
Jmac
Rowbottom
All under 23. Very young core

Every team has young players

we were basically the same average age as carlton last night and we are mid table for age

Sheldrick isnt even established yet, how is he a core player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't lose sight that we are still an extremely young team.

We've seen a new wave take over the club this year. Errol, blakey, warner and tmac are genuinely the best players on the team. Campbell and logan are progressing extremely well.

In 3 years when this group is 24-26, they are going to be an absolute juggernaut
Absolutely spot on and this was confirmed when Parker went forward (nearly turned the game).

T Mac gave the best forward in the comp a bath, they will all be better for another preseason and this loss will spur the group on, I have no doubts.

From what I've seen this year, I'm more confident heading into next year after an elimination final loss than i was heading into this year after a gf appearance.

Errol is a bonfire superstar and close to top 5 in the comp

Blakey is an outright A grader. Improved leaps and bounds again

Campbell has shown enough improvement

Logan kicked 30 in a year playing second fiddle mostly to buddy. A pre season as number 1 forward will be immense for him.

Mclean is 10 x the player he was at the start of the year.

We have a few issues to iron out like finding a ruck but all in all there's alot to work with

Last night was fairly typical of our season. Poor kicking at goal undid a lot of our good work. Skills around the ground need work. We miss a lot of simple targets.

Sometimes footy is about scoreboard pressure and weve fallen short in that area all year and it's cost us dearly.

Good kicking is good football.

From what I've seen this year, I'm more confident heading into next year after an elimination final loss than i was heading into this year after a gf appearance.

Errol is a bonfire superstar and close to top 5 in the comp

Blakey is an outright A grader. Improved leaps and bounds again

Campbell has shown enough improvement

Logan kicked 30 in a year playing second fiddle mostly to buddy. A pre season as number 1 forward will be immense for him.

Mclean is 10 x the player he was at the start of the year.

We have a few issues to iron out like finding a ruck but all in all there's alot to work with
Finding a new ruck will sort us out. Hickey, while I love him, has been useless this year. Not serving our mids at all. I'd go as far as to say we don't even need the big bodied mid everyone is raving about. Our current mids will be fine.

We shouldn't catastrophize and say our young guys are worse than everyone elses.

We had a damn unlucky year with a tough draw and all those injuries to key players. And horrific luck in a string of close games.

This is just a case of when hitting the ball on the golf course, when you strike the ball a couple of centimetres off, it'll fade into the trees rather than straight down the fairway.

All we need is a minor tweak here and there and we'll be a champion team again. This is more or less the same Grand Final team.

Re: Parker... I think the match committee was banking on that 2 weeks rest to get his body right and suddenly he became a good midfielder again. But when we were smashed again in the mids in the 2nd quarter well... thats when they decided to play him forward. I think that hard conversation was done at 3QT.

Re: Parker... I think the match committee was banking on that 2 weeks rest to get his body right and suddenly he became a good midfielder again. But when we were smashed again in the mids in the 2nd quarter well... thats when they decided to play him forward. I think that hard conversation was done at 3QT.

Parker was going really well up until the Freo game, since then he looks like he desperately needs the off season.

I personally dont care so much about age, theres talent there across the field, we need to run out games in full and wont end up 8th in an away final pushing s**t up hill.
Horse made a comment in the presser. Due to injuries we had the most games missing to best 22 this year outside of the Eagles. It’s astonishing we even made the 8. It’s an accomplishment.
I have complete faith we will run out games next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back