Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way some have turned on Grundy is disappointing.

Nobody is happy with a contract that is hanging around the club's neck like an albatross, but please stop hating on the guy.

The posters who imagine that he has taken advantage of the club have already stated as much. No point repeating it, it doesn't make it truer.

If this is how this thread continues it will be locked like it was in the past.

Keep it classy.

Gone Critical Anzacday Maggie5 Jen2310
Better off locking it up. There’s always an element that want to see Pies players fail. For whatever reasons, weird. Must’ve run over their dog, grandmother, pet cat Chuck or ****ed their mum.

Not Chuckys.

Nobody is happy with a contract that is hanging around the club's neck like an albatross, but please stop hating on the guy.

The posters who imagine that he has taken advantage of the club have already stated as much. No point repeating it, it doesn't make it truer.

Keep it classy.

And the way some supporters demand mindless apologia for players who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves is also disappointing.

It is of course completely irrational to direct 'hate' to Grundy. But it is perfectly rational to see him as a massive burden on the club.

Grundy did his job and fleeced the gutless simpletons in charge of our list management at the time for every penny he could get. Kudos to him and it is they that deserve our 'hate' (even they don't deserve literal hate), not him.

But Grundy so intensely looking out for Grundy has come at a massive cost to Collingwood. It is not 'hating' the guy to point that out, it's just a fact.

And the way some supporters demand mindless apologia for players who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves is also disappointing.

It is of course completely irrational to direct 'hate' to Grundy. But it is perfectly rational to see him as a massive burden on the club.

Grundy did his job and fleeced the gutless simpletons in charge of our list management at the time for every penny he could get. Kudos to him and it is they that deserve our 'hate' (even they don't deserve literal hate), not him.

But Grundy so intensely looking out for Grundy has come at a massive cost to Collingwood. It is not 'hating' the guy to point that out, it's just a fact.
What a genuinely absurd thing to say. Shameful

Keep it classy.

Some haven’t turned on him, it’s just now we have evidence to back up what has been known for years, paying $7 million to a ruckman is stupid.

Sorry mate, you're spinning it.

"Fleeced the gutless simpletons" is emotionally charged language. It's not factual in any way, it's just your opinion.

Yes, we already said that his contract is a burden. No dispute there. The rest is quite simply, you venting.

If we can't do any better than that, the thread will be locked.

Sorry mate, you're spinning it.

"Fleeced the gutless simpletons" is emotionally charged language. It's not factual in any way, it's just your opinion.

Yes, we already said that his contract is a burden. No dispute there. The rest is quite simply, you venting.

If we can't do any better than that, the thread will be locked.
just lock it, it's been done to death

Played his last game in the Black and White on Anzac Day , under the current terms of agreement , will no longer be a Collingwood player by seasons end , let’s move on , looking forward to the trade period to see what players his freed up monies nets us . Bruhn. Taranto , Hill , ? or something outside the box we are not privy to ?

Played his last game in the Black and White on Anzac Day , under the current terms of agreement , will no longer be a Collingwood player by seasons end , let’s move on , looking forward to the trade period to see what players his freed up monies nets us . Bruhn. Taranto , Hill , ? or something outside the box we are not privy to ?

Has something been said to make you confident hes moving on ?

As much as I hate the contract I don't see how freeing up around 600-700 k (factoring in paying part of his contract) and using that spare cash to get McStay makes any sense.

So we lose Grundy and we get McStay.

That's a net loss.

In before people say we will get good draft picks as well.
I don't think we will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate the contract I don't see how freeing up around 600-700 k (factoring in paying part of his contract) and using that spare cash to get McStay makes any sense.

So we lose Grundy and we get McStay.

That's a net loss.

In before people say we will get good draft picks as well.
I don't think we will.
We are not losing Grundy to get McStay. we have more than enough cap space for him. saving 700k on Grundy would give us taranto.

We are not losing Grundy to get McStay. we have more than enough cap space for him. saving 700k on Grundy would give us taranto.
It makes no difference if you use McStay or Taranto as the player we are going to get.
Fact of the matter is f we have the cap space then we can get Taranto anyway. But if we keep Grundy we can't get McStay.

Still boils down to the same thing.
Keep Grundy or get McStay.
I would prefer to keep Grundy.

It makes no difference if you use McStay or Taranto as the player we are going to get.
Fact of the matter is f we have the cap space then we can get Taranto anyway. But if we keep Grundy we can't get McStay.

I didn't word it very well. We have the cap space to bring in both McStay and Taranto without losing Grundy. We are also into a couple of others, so we have the room. The only reason grundy is on the market is because the new Administration doesn't think he's worth what he's being paid

I’m with you Otto. Which considerably weakens our joint position.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I didn't word it very well. We have the cap space to bring in both McStay and Taranto without losing Grundy. We are also into a couple of others, so we have the room. The only reason grundy is on the market is because the new Administration doesn't think he's worth what he's being paid
I agree with them, he isn't worth it.
But if we pay part of his salary then in affect whoever we bring in is costing us the same.

My preference would be to offload him together with his full contract but accept crap draft picks in return, or even no draft picks, just be happy with the fact that you have cleared 1 million dollars.

I'm sure GW could get a lot done with a spare million dollars.

GW has been wanting to trade Grundy since the day he arrived.

Eddie didn’t want any high profile players to leave so pressure everyone to get the deals done.

GW is very glad no more Eddie. Preference is JDG over BG.

So you work in the Inner Circle?

Keep it classy.

Your a good man J

images

Last edited:
Is it True that Footy Department that Grundy was only given the Big Contract because of Eddie and everyone else wanted him Traded?
Hi TD. It has been reported that some were happy for him to be traded, Grundy said he would on stay in Victoria for 7 years, the Footy Dept was only prepared to offer a maximum of 5 years, and then it was announced we had accepted 7 years. So somebody reportedly overruled the Footy Dept

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back