Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that was one of English's best games tonight. Worked hard in the ruck and in ground ball contests. If only we saw that every week.
I thought Bramble was good again in defense. Buku did his best in an unenviable task. Lobb did well on McKay. The Blues pair had 19 marks between them which probably should have got them the win but our boys never gave up and did enough.
A few negatives to quibble about, particularly a lot of rushed disposal but we hung tough throughout and brought home a very satisfying win.

Last edited:
I tell you what doesn’t make sense. Most of our shit supporters bagging how players constantly. Aussie rules is a tough game at any level. Even tougher at AFL level. The competition has never been tighter and the speed of the game never been faster.
Support players that’s your job not to criticise and bag. Especially some younger players.
Marra brilliant today, McNeil had some great moments. English also solid as usual.
Buku had some great moments against arguably the best player in the comp. Definitely the best fwd. yes Curnow missed some chances but so did we as a team.
Lobby is also growing in confidence and will be a solid defender going fwd.
We have a solid team and we have gone through some transition. Be patient and supportive. End of the day it’s just a game.
Go doggies ❤️🤍💙

Westy's father was one of my favourite players back when. Like father, like son. Rhylee has a long way to go, but he'll get there, I hope.

This really was a great day for the club.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excellent four quarter performance from the entire side. Carlton had no fluid ball movement due to our consistent energy and pressure.

Love Treloar but him out forced us to rotate our centre bounces again rather the standard Libba, Treloar and Bont. Similar to the Sydney and Collingwood games where we had more variation and it paid off.

Jamarra, Sanders, West and Macrae with their best games for a while

Joel Freijah has been one of the best first year players this season. He plays with a lot more composure than many seasoned vets. .
Late in the last quarter, Poulter took a mark just outside our defensive 50. We had players streaming forward asking for it but nothing further up the field - would’ve resulted in a turnover 50m up the ground in a risky spot. Freijah was the only one telling Poulter to hold on rather than rush it forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late in the last quarter, Poulter took a mark just outside our defensive 50. We had players streaming forward asking for it but nothing further up the field - would’ve resulted in a turnover 50m up the ground in a risky spot. Freijah was the only one telling Poulter to hold on rather than rush it forward
Quite a few times when we had control of the game we blazed away needlessly and gave them a look in.

Something to work on.

A very good win though.

For some reason he tried to over kick it from 15m out. That’s why he pulled it. All he had to do was kick it without trying to kick it 60m

I disagree. He kicked it exactly where he was 'aiming'.
Watch the direction of his run-up. He's running straight at the post for some reason.

Was good to see the team bounce back and win and bring the pressure with some key players out.

There are still some issues and some players that we just need to move past (VDM and McNiel)

I hate seeing us not use the sub unless someone is injured because we don’t want to hurt someone else’s feelings.

Positives:
Freijah - just looks a player
Poulter - thought he had a really solid game
JUH - for the last 2 and a half quarters it seemed to click for him
Lobb- did a good job after getting a bit of a bath early.

None of our mids really dominated it was a pretty even team performance

Was that the most whipping boy win ever?

Jamarra and English have copped it on this board this week (some of which has been warranted, some maybe not so much). Buku Khamis and Rory Lobb played well down back. McNeil had some vital moments.

I own a printing business/ t-shirt company.

Would you blokes be interested in a custom Rhylee West t-shirt (mo included). Fist pumping. Full vascular. $35. White in colour with R,W & B background.

Side note - is it a bit of a weird flex winning a game of footy and not making the sub?

This is no knock on Treloar who’s had a great season and is a gun, but I think Bont, Richards, Libba is our best starting rotation. Richards doesn’t get the same possessions but uses it better and applies great pressure. The three of them give a great balance on inside and outside work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldogs continue to make less and less sense as they beat 2nd placed Carlton without key players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back