Review Cats bounce the Roos by 40 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. Both players would be worthy winners in any year. But I think Wardlaw will probably get it over our Ollie.

I thought after today's match that Dempsey would edge in front of Wardlaw

Today was an opportunity for the judges to get a good look at the two players out on the same field, and come the final siren, I thought that Ollie looked the more influential player between the two

It'll likely be a tightish vote, but Ollie looks the better player at this stage and having a bigger impact for his team

So Stewart was playing a defensive/sweeper role and then moving to the backline outside of the centre bounce?

Pretty much

Offer that big bodied option in at the contest, and then drop back to play as a loose sweeper which North couldn't work out how to counter

He looked slow. He'll look faster with Smith spreading

Tanner was fine. Hes had 16 and 3 clearances, in the top 5 for i50s and pressure acts.

The interesting thing is we gave him low TOG again (62 %only rohan and clohesy lower) which is why i dont think you can pick both him and clark for finals (clark is a low TOG player too and id have bruhn ahead of him. I can only assume they are managing him for finals? But tanners actual output relative to time on ground is fine.
Whats stopping us this year is not having a decent ruckman fit. Just dont know how we rectify this.

We have to use stanley as a donkey for the adel and wce games so we can manage blitz and sdk workload. But in terms of finals there is no solution we will just have to lose the ruck and midfield and try and win off turnover/transition.

Pretty much

Offer that big bodied option in at the contest, and then drop back to play as a loose sweeper which North couldn't work out how to counter

North needed to play an extra in their fwd line and man him up. Dont know why they didnt.

I liked his 2nd goal even better.

All three of his goals were absolute pearlers, but I liked his first the best. Just so smart, and came at a time when we really needed to get on the scoreboard. Let's not forget his hard work in keeping the ball in the field just seconds before as well.

Tanner was fine. Hes had 16 and 3 clearances, in the top 5 for i50s and pressure acts.

The interesting thing is we gave him low TOG again (62 %only rohan and clohesy lower) which is why i dont think you can pick both him and clark for finals (clark is a low TOG player too and id have bruhn ahead of him. I can only assume they are managing him for finals? But tanners actual output relative to time on ground is fine.

We have to use stanley as a donkey for the adel and wce games so we can manage blitz and sdk workload. But in terms of finals there is no solution we will just have to lose the ruck and midfield and try and win off turnover/transition.
I dont think those stats are acceptable. I think Tanner needs to learn a 2nd position, preferably in the VFL. When Danger, Bowes and Atkins are having a bad game at least they can be moved to different positions outside of the centre square.
North needed to play an extra in their fwd line and man him up. Dont know why they didnt.
I guess because if they did he would just push straight back into the midfield

It's "just" North, but great to see the heavy lifting largely done by the Youth plus Stewart.

Dempsey is a bloody find and a half - Humphries played well. SDK back to his best (hope the knee's alright).

Tyson Stengle is the difference between recent success and a few years in the wilderness. Absolutely special player.

I think what Dempsey embodies is the idea that "outsiders" can sometimes bring in new ways of thinking about a problem. The old "basketball background" is a well worn joke, but the way he thinks about the game and executes on those thoughts is unique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stengle and Dempsey are god level good
They both create something from nothing
Stewart is a Demi God he rules back half
O'Henry Rohan Neale trinity fit into one F50
Stars Danger and Jezz didn't shine bright
Cat Hero's played well delivering victory

Bews had a chance to reboot his career
All the good little things will be forgotten
The lingering memory of his game will be
Intercepted in open space, ran and bounced
With no pressure kicked directly to a kanga
Bews and Parfitt relegated to depth players

40 point win down in Taswegia against a Roos team that besides getting spanked by Sydney a few weeks ago they have been decent.

Got the win, got some percentage, sadly we lose Rohan for a week but other than that what more could you want.

Really need to sort the ruck issues out, and really need to get Cameron back into form.
Agree totally... We need to play Cameron in the 50mt arc, instead of getting disposals out of our forward 50

I didn't see much of the game as I had family commitments. How did the midfield look with Bruhn back in? Who was pushed out of the midfield for him? I'm assuming it was Stewart?
Our midfield compare to them. It looked and was 💩.
Stewart at time started in the bounce, but from the bounce he played in his usual position

Stengle and Dempsey are god level good
They both create something from nothing
Stewart is a Demi God he rules back half
O'Henry Rohan Neale trinity fit into one F50
Stars Danger and Jezz didn't shine bright
Cat Hero's played well delivering victory
vape GIF

;)

I think we were more dominant then the score line suggested. They had a few short periods where they were on top and took advantage.

O.Henry had what was probably his strongest game for the club. I don't see his playing style being sustainable with his body.

Dempsey showing off his supercharged neurons, saved a goal down back in the same way his scored his first 2 goals which might get lost.

Can't believe they let Stewart do his thing all game. Our midfield was sufficient under restricted circumstances, I hope SDK's injury isn't serious. Don't think Blicavs can that week in week out. Strong chance Stanley gets a game next week. We need a few more offensive patterns, I worry we're a bit one dimensional.
OH was great. He struggles to get it right on this board. Anything like self preservation and "he's not putting in", and now your comment, which could well be true. I rate him highly, and to me, he is the most exciting prospect since Dan Menzel. We may just have to enjoy each week we get from him.

Last edited:
I dont think those stats are acceptable. I think Tanner needs to learn a 2nd position, preferably in the VFL. When Danger, Bowes and Atkins are having a bad game at least they can be moved to different positions outside of the centre square.

I guess because if they did he would just push straight back into the midfield
Give up mate seriously, you are bloody exhausting

You cant take much out of that given the opposition.

But stewart was fantastic and cameron looked a bit better if still rusty.
Both stengle and mannagh were absolute class and can help us make the most of the ball in our front half.
Humphries very good again.
Ollie henrys attack on the ball was much better and that game shows why he is best 22.
Ruck and midfield are massive problems and im not sure we can win a GF the way that is but we will see.

Id assume next week will be rohan out and tuohy will come back. Clohesy needs either a full game or back to the 2s. Stanley or jeka would have to be in if sdk needs a rest.
Glad we don't have to play the Saints at Marvel...

OH was great. He struggles to get it right on this board. Anything like self preservation and "he's not putting in", and now your comment, which could well be true. I rate him highly, and to me, he is the most exciting prospect since Dan Menzel. We may just have to enjoy each week we get from him.
I'm not a O.Henry stan, he isn't even our most exciting Ollie prospect

I'm not a O.Henry stan, he isn't even our most exciting Ollie prospect
Very good. You don't rest on your laurels!
I do rate him and accept some limitations for the rest of what we get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats bounce the Roos by 40 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back