Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the thing - knowing when to take the responsibility to have the shot and when you've got the opportunity to pass it off under the right circumstances, and the latter also applies to players not calling for it

When Neale was awarded the free kick in the second quarter, it would have been good for him to go back and have the shot but as we saw Cameron called for the ball - Cameron in form likely kicks the goal, but with Neale trying to find his way in the team it would have been good to allow him to have the shot himself and take some responsibility

It's about finding the balance
I don’t actually think Cameron called for the ball before the Close goal. They made eye contact and Close made a decision.

Im at the Footy... I dont want music period.

GO Catters

Agree. But too much chat about the random music after goals.

Needs to be more discussion re the Cat Attack song which is quite possibly the lamest thing going around. It’s an embarrassing throwback

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott seemed to suggest henry will start next week and was fairly strident on him being b22 (although scott misdirects the media a lot). Certainly will be a logjam for the forward spots.
Scott said henry is in his best forward line but I doubt it. On mcg we'll need more run so not the place to carry an extra forward as sub. If knevitts healthy he should come in at expense of a forward

Geelong are warming back up again

After starting 7-0 before going 1-6 in their next seven, everyone thought that Geelong was well and truly heading one way, down.

Well, after their last two weeks against finals hopefuls Essendon and Hawthorn, the Cats have begun to find their best footy again.

Saturday’s 51-point win over the Hawks at home was a statement performance and it often looked like a training drill at times, that’s how dominant they were.

With Collingwood at the ‘G, the Dogs at home, North in Tassie, Adelaide at home, Freo away, St Kilda at Marvel and the Eagles at home on their run home, there’s every chance the Cats go in favourites in six of their last seven.

A top-four spot awaits this side if they can keep this form up and no one will be keen to play them come finals given some of the absolute star factor in the line-up.

Maybe it’s a lesson learned. Never write this side off.

Im at the Footy... I dont want music period.

GO Catters
Spoken like yesterdays man.
I don't mind it, if the youngsters like it then it's all good
Probably something you liked back in the day that old timers didn't
That's just how it goes...

This week against the Pies is massive now. Getting tight at the top of the table.
It’s an odd situation, their injuries are really concerning for their chances whereas Hawkins being out for us has seemingly improved and feed up our structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went along to the second half of Geelong Hawthorn at the Box Hill oval. It was a dour struggle, Geelong going down by 1 point. A lot of turnovers from both teams, it highlighted the difference between AFL and VFL. Mitch Hardie was impressive and went forward and took a great mark to get Geelong back on terms in the last quarter (38 disposals, 2 goals, 7 clearances, 7 marks, 8 tackles). Ted Clohesy was good (25 disposals, 12 tackles). Parfitt and Mullin were solid with 25 disposals each, but Parfitt turned it over a few times. Hawthorn's VFL team is good so the result was not a complete surprise.

Surely you like a bit of opera at the footy. I.e. some Carmen from Bizet?

Not in to opera at all. Yet I'd still massively prefer it to the nonsense I heard Saturday.

Harry Taylor when he was the conditioning , phys ed bloke at Geel for a couple of seasons , i heard him on the radio being interviewed and he said , quote , Rohan is lightning quick and the quickest player on the Geelong list

They are great attributes for any footballer to have.

Even better is at his age and despite injuries he's kept that pace and can make repeat efforts.

Why do we need someone yelling over the PA to hype the crowd? It gives me a headache
The best response is to never EVER “make some noise” when one of these clowns demands it. Steadfast silence.

Happy Hour Cat GIF by Instacart

Really.... I was at the game and I thought it was pretty full...
There we a few small spots of empty seats but I thought it was close to a full house
I arrived at the ground just as the teams were running out and lines were pretty long still - got my bag checked and security scanned but the person holding the machine that scans the ticket just looked at the ticket on the phone and said go straight thru. Is that a normal for 10 mins before a game starts? I normally get to games around 1hr before and have always had the barcode on my phone scanned?

If that is what they do to get people in ground in the last few minutes before the game starts no wonder crowd figures are slightly lower than they should be - every single seat in my area was full yesterday for the first time this season (even round 1 which apparently had 6000 more people attend had more empty seats in my bay then yesterday)

Really.... I was at the game and I thought it was pretty full...
There we a few small spots of empty seats but I thought it was close to a full house

Agree - if you told me there was 35k+ in attendance I would believe it

To me it didn’t look like there would be room for another 7k

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats take THE RIVALRY from the Hawks again with 51 point win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back