Preview Changes and pre-match discussion for Round 4 vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance Franklin doesn’t have many opponents who can boast a winning record against him, but Steven May has proven a thorn in his side. Franklin kicked two goals but was targeted relentlessly, once again raising questions over the reliance on the AFL superstar. Champions rarely have two bad games in a row and Buddy will be chomping at the bit to tear the Power apart, but will the Swans stop targeting him so persistently and allow the likes of Logan McDonald and Joel Amartey to get a better foothold on matches? It’s one of the key fascinations of the Swans, not to mention their response to a 50-point thumping at the MCG at the hands of Melbourne last week.

Power’s burning question: Is Ollie Wines the man who needs to lift Port Adelaide?

He’s Port Adelaide’s sole Brownlow Medallist in a midfield stacked with young up and comers including the likes of Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Jason Horne-Francis. But Ollie Wines is struggling in 2023. He’s racked up 21 touches in back to back weeks - that low of 21 disposals happened just twice for the whole of last season (excluding his Rd 4 injury). “Unfortunately, Ollie Wines at the moment is performing below expectation for his position more than any other player in the competition so far this year,” Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne told SEN. “In the last two weeks they’ve been -57 and -23 in contested possessions. He’s integral to that part of the game and he just hasn’t been able to get going so far this year for Port Adelaide.”

Here's my prediction:
  • Pasini is selected for his AFL debut
  • Placed on Franklin, and has two goals kicked on him to half-time
  • Jonas is placed on Franklin after half-time to 'shut him down'
  • Franklin finishes the game with eleven goals
  • Pasini is immediately dropped to the SANFL
  • Hinkley and Jonas publicly pot-shot Pasini for 'having a lot to work on'
  • Pasini is never seen again at AFL level under Hinkley
Just kidding. They will go with the good ol' Clurey out, McKenzie in.

If there isn't a massive on-field response in this game, and let's say we get smoked, next week will be interesting to say the least.

Plenty of heat on the 27 yo pluses on here but I think it’s about time a few of these younger players, of which some are early picks need to step up.
Butters, Duursma Bergman Farrell Marshall Houston are all well below their best and are probably hiding a bit behind the heat on the leadership groups form.
By the way Ryan Burton needs to get a rocket, he has become a tease and hopefully when he gets back he makes a statement on the field that says he is a future leader.

Burton destroyed Charlie Cameron round 1 and would have matched up on Rankine if not suspended

I'm all for rockets, but he doesnt need one

Burton destroyed Charlie Cameron round 1 and would have matched up on Rankine if not suspended

I'm all for rockets, but he doesnt need one
Round 2, 9 possessions of which 4 were kick ins and gets him self suspended with a ridiculous tackle. If not a rocket a serious talking to. He would have been very handy last week and Papley will probably tear us a new one this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D
Plenty of heat on the 27 yo pluses on here but I think it’s about time a few of these younger players, of which some are early picks need to step up.
Butters, Duursma Bergman Farrell Marshall Houston are all well below their best and are probably hiding a bit behind the heat on the leadership groups form.
By the way Ryan Burton needs to get a rocket, he has become a tease and hopefully when he gets back he makes a statement on the field that says he is a future leader.
That’s a weird ****ing take

Round 2, 9 possessions of which 4 were kick ins and gets him self suspended with a ridiculous tackle. If not a rocket a serious talking to. He would have been very handy last week and Papley will probably tear us a new one this week.

Cause they ****ed up the structure and changed how we use burton. Where have you been?

:D

That’s a weird ******* take

Cause they ****ed up the structure and changed how we use burton. Where have you been?
Hey Philth if you’re happy to make excuses for a Defender getting 5 possessions of his own when the opposition puts 21 goals past you well go for it.
And if you think any of those 6 players have stepped up this season I have been watching different games.
I understand I am not the most popular poster on here because I don’t always take the Big Footy party line but sometimes you need to think about alternative views

Here's my prediction:
  • Pasini is selected for his AFL debut
  • Placed on Franklin, and has two goals kicked on him to half-time
  • Jonas is placed on Franklin after half-time to 'shut him down'
  • Franklin finishes the game with eleven goals
  • Pasini is immediately dropped to the SANFL
  • Hinkley and Jonas publicly pot-shot Pasini for 'having a lot to work on'
  • Pasini is never seen again at AFL level under Hinkley
Just kidding. They will go with the good ol' Clurey out, McKenzie in.

Forget the ‘Just kidding’, we all know Ken & Jonas would do the very thing you alluded to if given a chance.

Truly a strange record. The most consistently tough team has a poor record against the front runners.

It's the Curse of the Farriss Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back