Prediction Changes for derby

Remove this Banner Ad

If this game isn't the line in the sand in the moment like the derby 2 years ago, then simmo has to **** ff all the useless seniors including ploddus and bring youth.

Out: Cripps (inj), Shepp (inj?), Gov (inj?)/Barrass, Redden
In: Mitchell, Mutimer, Giles, Karpany

B: Butler, Schofield, Nelson
HB: Hurn, McGovern/Barrass, Yeo
C: Gaff, Priddis, Duggan
HF: Hill, Darling, Sheed
F: LeCras, Kennedy, Vardy
R: Giles, Shuey, Mitchell
I: Wellingham, Masten, Mutimer, Karpany
E: MacKenzie/Barrass, Redden, Hutchings (on standby).

Wellingham back to defence if Shep's out.

McGovern back to defence if he comes up, in place of Barrass who just made too many crucial errors. Giles back in to help combat Sandi.

Redden was atrocious. Straight swap for Mitchell.

Mutimer to get a go in place of Cripps. Karpany to get a go if Shep doesn't come up.

Jetta to stay down in the twos another week or two.

Simpson said Sheppard copped a knock but played out the game - it didn't sound like there is much to worry about.

Wellingham Barrass Shep
Hurn Mcgovern Nelson
Gaff Priddis Sheed
Darling Lamb Yeo
Lecras Kennedy Hill
Vardy Shuey Mitchell

Duggan Mutimer Schofield Watson.

Watson hasn't played for East Perth for two weeks, he's about as much chance of a Derby debut this week as I am.

We haven't looked a million bucks in any game this year despite only having played one side in the top eight. We have looked craverage.

At least we used to win by flogging sides. Now we scrape our way to wins and still cop the horrible looking losses.

Simpson has closed the gap between our best and worst performances at least!

OUT - Cripps (inj), Butler

In - Mitchell, Giles

Lecras saved from the knife by the Cripps injury.

I honestly think we will struggle to make the 8 from this juncture. The playing group knows they aren't up to it and that loss of self-belief will be fatal.

Trying not to melt, but agree something needs to change. Bring in players who at least look like they give a sht. God i wish we had we a functioning Willie. This team needs more Willie

Jetta should come in play forward I think he would suprise a few. He was Sydneys leading goal kicker in their premiership year after all

We can all agree that it's time to play the kids, yeah? It sounds kinda ridiculous to say it's season-over at 3-2. But that has to have been a massively confidence-sapping loss, and we've given every other team the blueprint for how to beat us. I just want us to start planning for the future rather than dragging out the same mediocrity every week.

If Duggan or Nelson (surely not) get dropped for the derby, so help me....

Jetta should come in play forward I think he would suprise a few. He was Sydneys leading goal kicker in their premiership year after all

We've played him forward for stints before and he wasn't very good at it. Zero defensive pressure, which is non-negotiable in today's game. I was all for giving Jetta second and third chances but he doesn't deserve to play for us again after his pathetic performance against Richmond

We've played him forward for stints before and he wasn't very good at it. Zero defensive pressure, which is non-negotiable in today's game. I was all for giving Jetta second and third chances but he doesn't deserve to play for us again after his pathetic performance against Richmond
I understand but if he can play a full game not just stints he might warm into it he actually put alot of pressure on when he played forward. We just don't have anyone else with Rioli injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Cripps inj, Shep inj, Pridda/Redden (managed)
In: Mitchell, Giles, Karps

Venables had a very limited pre season and won't have the tank to finish half a game yet . People patience with this guy . Hasn't amassed more than around 14 possessions yet . Way off the mark at this stage . Well crucify him playing him now
Is that honestly worse than Redden's 2 CP at half time?
I would GLADLY accept a 5 disposal game from Venables > 15 touch game from Redden.

We want to win a Premiership, not a derby.

I wouldn't read too much into that. He had to rattle off some names on the spot so he would go with the more well known players. There would be a handful of guys in contention if they want to make changes.

Yes but then after mentioning Hutchings, Jetta and Mackenzie he said there were 1 or 2 others coming through but their names escape him.

It would be a huge call in the context of the derby next week and i know the guy has been an amazing servant for the football club, but i would love to see Simpson show some balls and send a massive message to the playing group by dropping Priddis.

If there was ever a call to put everyone on immediate notice, that would be it

It would be a huge call in the context of the derby next week and i know the guy has been an amazing servant for the football club, but i would love to see Simpson show some balls and send a massive message to the playing group by dropping Priddis.

Won't happen.

Simpson will fall on his own sword I believe, as much as I don't want it to happen.

Thing is, although it looks like he's lost a step he wasn't as blatantly disinterested in the contest as Masten.

We can all agree that it's time to play the kids, yeah? It sounds kinda ridiculous to say it's season-over at 3-2. But that has to have been a massively confidence-sapping loss, and we've given every other team the blueprint for how to beat us. I just want us to start planning for the future rather than dragging out the same mediocrity every week.

If Duggan or Nelson (surely not) get dropped for the derby, so help me....

Playing the kids doesn't mean you're giving up on the season.

Look at Freo and how they've turned it around with a few changes.

Intrigued to see if Simpson 'flagging changes' extends beyond recalling Mark Hutchings and dropping Dom Sheed + maybe a couple of 'general soreness'.

Let's face it though, there isn't some magic bullet sitting in the WAFL - it's very light on really, the guys in the 22 now will play the majority of games remaining this year.

Playing the kids doesn't mean you're giving up on the season.

Look at Freo and how they've turned it around with a few changes.

It isn't like Freo just dropped all their senior players to play all their kids, they dropped the players who have are too limited to take them further like Suban, Pearce and Dawson. I don't see why we can't do the same. Drop Masten (soft in the contest and under in any pressure), Redden (doesn't win clearances and halts any fast ball movement) and Butler (past it). Bring in Mutimer, Cole and Partington. Masten may get a reprieve if Gaff can't get up.

We'll look a million bucks again next week. Only changes will be Giles for Sheed and Mitchell for Duggan. All the cracks will be temporarily fixed, the true West Coast way.

Lol why the fook would we drop Duggan? He had some rusty kicks but went harder and fought for longer than most of our seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes for derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back