Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I know its a bit early but we need something to talk about for the next 12 days.

OUT: Jetta, Mcinnis, Hutchings/Redden.
IN: Lycett, Nelson, Ellis

My preference is Hutchings buts its a coin toss really. I would play nelson in that role where he not only good on the inside but can offer us something on a wing or HFF.

Ellis finished with 29 touches and 9 marks. I think his verstalie enough to push on a wing and play that HFF role for us. One of Simmo's faves and at his best ellis is classy with ball in hand and makes safe decisions.

I still dont agree on jetta. Twice he's come into the side after poor wafl displays and on both occassions he has been average.

I wanted Duggan in but i think he needs to earn his spot a game, its come to a stage where he is getting a game because simmo just like him. So i would like to see cole in and play on wing and HB.

FB Butler Barrass Hurn
HB Sheppard McGovern Wellingham
C Masten Priddis Gaff
HF Lecras Darling Yeo
FF Cripps Kennedy Hill
R Lycett Shuey Redden
I Giles Ellis Nelson Schofield

EDIT: Yeah after looking at the EP stats as well as reading Keysers thoughts i have made a few adjustments.

Last edited:
Lycett in for McInnes is definite and I certainly agree with Nelson in for one of Hutch/Redden.

Jetta wasn't fantastic, but you can see a lot of it is based on the fact that he's down on confidence, and continual chopping and changing and the irregularity makes it even more difficult.

Barrass made some bad mistakes with ball in hand, but McKenzie hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year, and I think both giving him some time to build form and confidence in the WAFL isn't such a bad thing, and giving Barrass some consistency in the ones will help to settle the nerves and his progression will improve undoubtedly.

I'd also like to see Duggan back in the team against the Bombers after a two week rest to hopefully find some form and win some of the ball.

Out - Redden, Giles/McInnes
In - Nelson, Lycett

I see in the WAFL thread that Emac = lacking confidence. Is exactly why he should not be near this side at the moment.

Jetta must stay in over Redden, enough is enough.

Swap Butler for Ellis if Sams groin plays up again.

We have to keep playing Jetta and get him to build some confidence. He was fine today, not great but he has way too much focus on him and his form has been no worse than half the side. He needs continuity and dropping him every second week is not going to give him that. He is good enough at this level and outside players often struggle at WAFL level due to the game style so nothing to be gained by dropping him.

OUT: McInnis /Giles, Redden, Hutchings, Masten
IN: Lycett, Nelson, Duggan, McGinnity

Not a fan of McGinnity but he'll give more than Masten, not in skill but desire to win the contest. You could literally spot the moment Masten hesitated about throwing himself at the ball in a contest on the wing today, luckily for him he went but I didn't like seeing the hesitation, plus he only went because he was the only Eagle there so he probably would have copped it if he didn't.

And I'd prefer Duggan and Nelson more than Hutchings and Redden in the middle atm. Probably a good time / year to pump games into them starting at centre bounces and around stoppages. And just purely for the fact of having absolutely nothing to lose doing so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think for the first few round they will Play Giles along side Lycett. Lycett hasn't really rucked by him self since the hawks game last year and might need a chop out. I have totally backed off Mcinnis now. Hopefully Giles is able to get a couple of flukey goals from the centre square every game and actually be useful when not rucking.

Out: McInnes, Jetta (until he learns he needs to make second & third efforts after he disposes of the ball), masten

In: Lycett, Nelson, mcginnity

Justification: Inject some mongrel back into the team, head over the ball and hit the opposition bodies hard - both Nelson & mcginnity don't shirk a contest they treat it as if it's the opportunity how important pulling in the jumper means to them. Yes we know mcginnity's disposal will be wayward but heck the ball coming into the forward line at the moment isn't consistently good anyway.

Opposition teams are not worried about a west coast player tackling them or pressuring them. It's time to address this in the same way teams know when they play hawthorn or Geelong a contest is going to hurt.

It's time to hunt.

McGovern should NOT play ruck. Giles competed fine, leave him there. Gov is in terrific form as a defender (probably in the AA squad atm) lets just leave him there. Plus he doesn't have the tank or the body to consistently play ruck.

If McGinnity plays another game for this club I will put myself In The Wings, wait years to get a full membership, wait for it to come in the mail and then rip it up.
Now that's extreme

Get Nelson into the team, our midfield was glaringly awful today and we need to look to start developing Nelson, Duggo, Sheed etc. if we're going to have a chance for a premiership before JK retires. His form in the WAFL has been consistent and the guys in our current team are liabilities at times.

In: Lycett, Nelson
Out: McInnes, Redden

Let Reddo find some touch in the WAFL.

Jetta was ok...he did a couple of nice things .....he didn't make many errors

I think leave him in ......he's in our best 22 for playing ability

Lycett in for McInnes ...actually though Giles was ok

Can we play eMac and Barrass .......Barrass kicking worries me ....he's the butcher from bakersville

But he marked well and punched well ......does he keep an in form eMac out no he doesn't but eMac isn't in form either

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back