Preview Changes for Round 2 v Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

No Changes.

While on paper, WCE should beat Melbourne comfortably, I'm not sure Coach Simpson in his second AFL game as coach will rest anyone when he has only won 1 game. While I can't see an upset, no way will the coach be resting anyone and risk an upset.

Hey Essendon dude, how do you think your forward line will fare if your midfield goals are restricted? Can you win games off the boot of Carlisle and/or Daniher and your small/medium fwds?

Not trolling, just interested in your thoughts.

I know its only round 2 but Glass and Cox have both said they are expected to be rested at stages this year so i do wonder if we will maybe rest Glass and bring in Schofield? Melbourne are missing heaps of tall forwards and Schofield will be fine to play Glass's role.

If we do go unchanged i dare say Sheed will play a full game with maybe Cripps as a sub.

I know its only round 2 but Glass and Cox have both said they are expected to be rested at stages this year so i do wonder if we will maybe rest Glass and bring in Schofield? Melbourne are missing heaps of tall forwards and Schofield will be fine to play Glass's role.

If we do go unchanged i dare say Sheed will play a full game with maybe Cripps as a sub.

No chance. Cripps plays an important role while Sheed is still picking up the pace of AFL level.

No Changes.

While on paper, WCE should beat Melbourne comfortably, I'm not sure Coach Simpson in his second AFL game as coach will rest anyone when he has only won 1 game. While I can't see an upset, no way will the coach be resting anyone and risk an upset.

Hey Essendon dude, how do you think your forward line will fare if your midfield goals are restricted? Can you win games off the boot of Carlisle and/or Daniher and your small/medium fwds?

Not trolling, just interested in your thoughts.

I didn't realise Essendon supporters couldn't make a comment on a WCE thread.

Been a member of BigFooty since May 2007 and I normally pop in other team clubs when I'm researching on my SuperCoach team. I didn't realise it was an problem to make a post.

If it was an Essendon thread, I would respond to your post, but it's a WCE thread - Changes for Round 2 v Melbourne. Okay laters mate, reminder to myself to stay away from WCE club forum.

Really? This early in the season?
Surely you wouldn't rest Cox until Naitanui is full fitness.
So that just leaves Glass.

Sinclair would be playing obviously, the club could bring in Lycett for Cox as well.

For once Id like to see the club play younger players where possible when the old guys can have a break. Who knows, if we chuck Lycett a game here and there maybe he won't want to go home after this season (there's no indication he does, just hypothetical).

Been a member of BigFooty since May 2007 and I normally pop in other team clubs when I'm researching on my SuperCoach team. I didn't realise it was an problem to make a post.

If it was an Essendon thread, I would respond to your post, but it's a WCE thread - Changes for Round 2 v Melbourne. Okay laters mate, reminder to myself to stay away from WCE club forum.

Don't be like that mate I don't think he meant anything by it.
This board is usually very good with other members so don't feel like you can't pop in

I think Schofield is still a few weeks away from his best after that slight hamstring issue he had. He didn't do too much in the WAFL on the weekend and I don't think we should rush him back in; not just because he's still reaching 100% fitness but because we had better performances at East Perth.

No chance. Cripps plays an important role while Sheed is still picking up the pace of AFL level.

I just think Sheed is the sort of player that builds more and more as they game goes on and being a sub that doesn't help. Cripps was pretty good for the half he played and i think he could be a really good burst player who comes on and has an instant impact with his pace and aggression.

I don't think he meant any offence. Since there was an Essendon supporter here he asked a question about Essendon.

You're certainly welcome to post your thoughts here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some weird, weird suggestions the last few pages.

Someone said McGovern in? What, we need another KPD?

Someone said rest Cox and Glass? It's Round 2 FFS, and it's bloody arrogant.

Someone said Karpany in? He played a half of WAFL reserves on the weekend!

Someone said Cripps to sub? We need him to start and play the full match as a small forward!

etc.
Agreed. Keep team as is... Sinclair was excellent around the ground unsure why we should drop him.

Don't be like that mate I don't think he meant anything by it.
This board is usually very good with other members so don't feel like you can't pop in
I don't think he meant any offence. Since there was an Essendon supporter here he asked a question about Essendon.

You're certainly welcome to post your thoughts here.
All good. I thought there was a subliminal message behind the comment. Cheers Jay.

All the best for the year.

I just think Sheed is the sort of player that builds more and more as they game goes on and being a sub that doesn't help. Cripps was pretty good for the half he played and i think he could be a really good burst player who comes on and has an instant impact with his pace and aggression.

Alternatively, he could struggle through a complete game and be a passenger - which based on current evidence would be the logical conclusion.

We are not that bright on this board

We tend to respond only to the superliminal.

132nf.jpg

I just think Sheed is the sort of player that builds more and more as they game goes on and being a sub that doesn't help.
I have a feeling that Sheed might not become a standout player immediately, but needs time to get more comfortable with playing in the AFL, if he doesn't make any impact in the next couple of weeks even with a full match, then maybe consider dropping him to the WAFL to work on his game. He'll certainly cement his spot some time this season.

That's a weird response Essendon guy. The posts you quoted in no way seem like we are taking offence to your post - in fact, quite the opposite, very friendly.

Happy for you to answer my question in this thread. Peace dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for Round 2 v Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back