Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like the two rucks set up was a major liability last night, but also think it might be too late to try anything else. For a coaching committee that has played this season remarkably well, I think it was a huge oversight to not try it out at least once this season.

Errrr no

Vardy and Slyce competed hard as a tandem ....we need tandem ....

Vardy was actually really good

We did try it once I think ......

The fact that Shep plays tall coupled with Schofield being quite agile means that I don[t think we end up being too tall if that is the change.

What we forget is Schofield has 174 games experience .....we know what we are going to get

He will compete hard ......

He’ll play his role...and he does provide run

It’s the least change to our structure .....our structure needs to stay that way

Feel like the two rucks set up was a major liability last night,
Lycett started terribly, too concerned about Grundy, rather than the ball, I wonder if the fear of going in with one ruck, is if they go down, we don’t really have much of a pinch hitter for the ruck, if we play the one, so will get exposed if they go down.

Vardy is doing well, I wonder if Port are rethinking about their offer to Lycett in recent weeks.

+1

a few contests where cole and Duggan were caught out undersized, because of the forced changes.

Schofield plays big or tall, has the pace and been in as good a form as I’ve seen him.

Yeah I like Schofield in the team ....now I know we will miss Shep but oddly I like Schofield in the team

As someone else said this year

Schofield is like that bloke that turns up to your social soccer team, each week pays his ten bucks and competes hard ......you’ll know he’ll make a few errors but you know he turns up and your team needs him ..

Lycett started terribly, too concerned about Grundy, rather than the ball, I wonder if the fear of going in with one ruck, is if they go down, we don’t really have much of a pinch hitter for the ruck, if we play the one, so will get exposed if they go down.

Vardy is doing well, I wonder if Port are rethinking about their offer to Lycett in recent weeks.

He’s not doing his contract dollars any favours

Realistically you want to make as little change to the team as possible. It would be risky bringing in someone that hasn't played at this level for weeks so it will most likely be Schofield that comes in to replace Shep.

It means there aren't many options to replace our other areas. Ah Chee is probably the only one that has played enough but I still wouldn't prefer him over anyone currently playing.

Schofield is agile, can defend well, and play on tall and smalls. the only problem his disposal is not as clean as Brad Sheppard & he cannot intercept mark as well as Shep but we have Gov, Hurn and Barras for that

Well done WCE.

All the best for the Prelim.

Who knows, with any luck, we might get another crack at you guys before the years out. :)
Great game last night. All the best.

Out: Shep
In: Watson

He's been the best performing small defender at Wafl level.
Reality though will likely bring in Nelson and just get him to play shutdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins Schofield, Ahchee.
Outs Shep, Mastenflourbag

AhChee will add toughness, run and can take a good mark. Can play link up man, go fwd and clunk em too. Just gives a bit more rest to a ruckman too.

Lecras is getting the benefit with a week off. But if we were playing a Semi next week hes on the chopping block as hes gassed. If i want to be ruthless id bring in Petruccelle for his pace.
Heard Shep say hes confident but dont think Scans will agree.

I don't think Melbourne are a better team than us, but at the moment they're healthier and in better form. Kind of good that they're playing the Hawks this week for potentially another chance to see how a dual ruck combo go up against Gawn, assuming they persist with it.

Ins Schofield, Ahchee.
Outs Shep, Mastenflourbag

AhChee will add toughness, run and can take a good mark. Can play link up man, go fwd and clunk em too. Just gives a bit more rest to a ruckman too.

Lecras is getting the benefit with a week off. But if we were playing a Semi next week hes on the chopping block as hes gassed. If i want to be ruthless id bring in Petruccelle for his pace.
Heard Shep say hes confident but dont think Scans will agree.
He's not going out angrytiger

Just live with it

Schofield an easy choice, was unlucky to miss out. Both Melbourne and Hawthorn have reasonably tall forward lines, Schoey allows Gov to take a smaller, less important forward and zone off him.

Might be a different case against Richmond though if Shep's not available.

Probably too risky at this time of the year but I still reckon Schoey for Shep and AhChee for a ruck, is worth a crack. We seriously looked cooked halfway through the third quarter. Obviously a rotation down but the talls just compounded the issue. Lycett and Vardy were crumbing to JK and JD.. Should’ve tried it eariler in the year, probably to big of a change for a prelim.. but I’d have confidence that a pinch hitting combo of AhChee and Schoey could produce the same output, if not more, than what Lycett is giving us in the ruck, with the added versatility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back