Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Burrows in for Lecras!

Whilst we're discussing ridiculous ins that go beyond Schofield covering for Shep.

Opposition coaches would be bogged down in research all week trying to figure out if we've invented a player out of thin air. Lawyers will be consulted. Unanswered twitter queries will be pined to a corkboard, connected with string. Scouts will be watching Andrew Gaff to ensure that we don't put a disguise on him. They won't find anything, and we'll go in with a tactical advantage having out-planned them. And we'll just do it with 21 like we basically did against the Pies. All the while, Brady Rawlings is sitting in a corner, rubbing his hands together with glee, knowing that his 12 month tactical con is finally going to pay off.

For me Duggan needs to make way. Has been shocking last few weeks.

Schofield for Sheppard and someone for Duggan.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes. I would say that provided there is enough time for Hawthorn/Melbourne to get back home that same night, we would be looking at a 5.40 start time, possibly slightly earlier or the same time as last night - 6.10. Similar to 2015... Still staggered at the incompetence of the VFL (well not really). Having a team go into a PF on a 6 day break is just rubbish. Could all have been avoided with proper scheduling this weekend.

Schoey will be the right replacement for shep, he is in good form with experience in finals........***k I hate damn injuries though ! But I’m backing the boys to dig deep, this is a completely different side to last years, bloody nervous but it’s nice to have a team that has depth and is exciting to watch, the team of last year would have rolled over by now, but not this one !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends how we match up or game style

Kick to kick style --> More talls is better so we can mark down the line.

Don't think we can match richmond with fast play style

Huge DV fan but i'd like to see Ah chee come in.
We need a hard contested player for finals.
Venables is fast, tackles hard, one touch, chooses the right option when under pressure and has the skill to finish. Built for finals.
Does venners get enough ball is my question
Agreed. Both of these guys need to get more of it.

Last edited:
I don't think Melbourne are a better team than us, but at the moment they're healthier and in better form. Kind of good that they're playing the Hawks this week for potentially another chance to see how a dual ruck combo go up against Gawn, assuming they persist with it.
Bonus if the Hawks play Ceglar & McEvoy, the extra bloke crashing into him (Gawn) before another flight to Perth can only work in our favour if the Dees get up.

Don’t know about everyone else but I think I’d rather play Richmond if we made the grand final rather than Collingwood if they are able to knock of GWS and then Richmond. I mean like I said provided the fact we get there ! Playing Melbourne at home would be another tight game and I don’t like the fact they know how to win here either.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back