Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of talk about Sinn or Williams, but seems like the young guy with the best consistent form in the SANFL is Will Lorenz. Pity we didn't give him more of a go. It could be an option to bring him in on the wing, and Jase going down back. therefore, leaving DBJ to continue is good form up forward.
It is definitely a shame he didn't get a few more games to see if he could be ready for finals.

On the main board someone said Scott had brought the issue up on Melbourne radio & had discussed it with umps.
So Scott has the opportunity to influence the umpires to umpire to Geelong’s style of play. Were we afforded the same opportunity?

So it is going to be a bit like Gawn in the Melbourne game. Breathe on Stewart and he gets a free.

I am looking forward to an absolute biased performance from the umpires. Probably won’t get a free until the second quarter.

We need to adjust our gameplan more if it's DBJ down back for Farrell. Farrell and Houston have minimal defensive responsibilities which allows them to attack as HBs. If DBJ stays as a lockdown defender on their smalls, who's doing the attacking as HBs? Evans and Burton yes but we've always had 3. It has to be Sinn down back for this very reason.
This was my thinking originally, and I still think it's probably right.

But I feel like McEntee in foreshadowed Ken going more defensive bacause they're more worried about Sinn/Williams' ability to defend than DBJ's ability to attack from HB (and their lack of form).

Something riskier for higher reward like Sinn in or totally new in a final like Rozee to HB seems outside of Ken's conservative playbook. But this season is full of surprises, so let's see.

Pretty sure the last time we had a final go the same way as the most recent game between the two clubs was about 2013.
I'd be more confident if Geelong smashed us last time.
Is good news if we come up against GWS or Brisbane though!

We’re screwed, because if we lose to Geelong then we’re playing either Bulldogs or Hawthorn…who we both beat the last time in the home and away season.

Every final we’ve played in since 2014:

2014:

• EF: Beat Richmond who we lost to the last time we met
  • SF: Beat Fremantle who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Hawthorn who we beat the last time we met

2017:

- EF: Lost to West Coast who we beat the last time we met

2020:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Richmond who we beat the last time we met

2021:

• QF: Beat Geelong who we lost to the last time we met
  • PF: Lost to Western Bulldogs who we beat the last time we met

2023:

• QF: Lost to Brisbane who we beat the last time we met
  • SF: Lost to GWS who we beat the last time we met

Narkle, Evans and McEntee is surely the worst collection of small forwards to take the field in a Qualifying Final in AFL history. Narkle is the best one of that lot, and he's like a 6/10 on a good day.

Probably gonna need Rioli to kick 3 or 4 at a minimum to win this.

Rioli to play the Orazio Fantasia role and kick 4 goals in a Qualifying Final against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was my thinking originally, and I still think it's probably right.

But I feel like McEntee in foreshadowed Ken going more defensive bacause they're more worried about Sinn/Williams' ability to defend than DBJ's ability to attack from HB (and their lack of form).

Something riskier for higher reward like Sinn in or totally new in a final like Rozee to HB seems outside of Ken's conservative playbook. But this season is full of surprises, so let's see.

But in Farrell's role there's not a huge amount of defensive work required though. Farrell himself is not an great defender, he does just enough + provides a lot of drive off HB which is what his role is. Sinn would be fine in that role

Based on captains run photos

In: Dixon, Sinn, Narkle
Out: Vis, Farrell, Mcentee

Just cause you didn't see McEntee doesn't mean he won't be picked.
I mean we miss seeing him most weeks he plays anyway

Coaching group seems to have a lot of faith in Sinn wouldn't be surprised if they pick him. If it goes horribly wrong better to find out now than in an elimination final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back