Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers aren't low. You realise not every mid is going to have 30-40 touches yeah? There's only so much ball to go around.
This isn't a midfield with names like Laird and Crouch in it.
The DE absolutely is low especially when it was used in an argument that he's elite. I did a quick search and he was barely in the top 100 midfielders for DE over the last 5 games.

And yep, well aware. He doesn't need to get 30+. In fact I'd rather he have less touches and more impact.

He's also simply not working hard enough both ways nor influencing contests. He needs to improve.

He's not been terrible (other than last night) but he's in second gear and needs to step up and play a captains game v Geelong.

Last edited:
Do we think this is going to work again? Wouldn't Geelong have come up with a counter by now? What have other teams been doing against the Cats?
Thing is Stewart’s form has dropped off and hasn’t been as influential of late.
Went off Saturday with hammy sourness.
That’s why I’d play Narkle forward and give there defense something to think about.
I believe we should go into the game with an attacking and positive mind set.
Let them do the worrying.

Do we think this is going to work again? Wouldn't Geelong have come up with a counter by now? What have other teams been doing against the Cats?
geelong are 0-6 when stew has been tagged. he starts at the centre bounce, then slowly drifts back and plays as a defender, a half fwd will take stew's spot in the midfield. a player of the opposition who is a fwd will literally just play as a defender, pretending stewart is the forward.

There was a moment during the third quarter of yesterday's game where the ball was suspended in mid air at the top of the goal square and then launched itself through the goals. Just incredible. The goal was credited to the Invisible Man.
Surely not. You're not genuinely trying to take credit on Jed's behalf for that one, are you?

If McEntee would like to kick the honourary first goal of the game as part of the pre-game entertainment then I am sure he would do a fine job.
And he'd deserve about as much credit for doing so as he does for his goal on the weekend.

A piece of advice for Ken. None of this finals are scary shite. The Port I know embraces finals
What I want;
“This is exciting, this is why we do the work over summer, we have been fortunate enough to finish second through some pretty good footy.
We have shown what our best is capable of, Sydney here, Geelong down there, second half of the Showdown, we are a damn good footy side at the minute.
We know our fans are ruthless and expect their Port teams playing finals and a brand of footy that will stand up when the heat is on, we have made some changes throughout the year to hopefully stand up. The fans want a Grand Final appearance, I want a Premiership, the boys want a Premiership, that’s why we play.
Im confident our best is good enough, we have done the work and paid our dues, but nothing is given in this world, we need to take this opportunity in front of us.
Yeah Geelong have been good this year, we take a lot of confidence out of the game against them earlier this year, we have had a bit of a rivalry with them in the business end of the season, we will crack in and present our best, let’s see how they go.”

He had 8 disposals in that one quarter though.

Ratugolea just hasn't taken his opportunity. We miss Marshall's lead up work and delivery inside 50. Our ball movement in transition has been average for weeks. Ratugolea just hasn't done enough to make any risk playing Marshall poses not worth taking.
I agree, Esava is getting a rose coloured ride by the majority of BF posters. He had one reasonable game up forward but since then has been ordinary. Bring back Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farrell replacement is a funny one.

Do you rob the forward line of DBJ, who is one of our only damaging forwards (sadly)?

Do you throw Rozee back and see what it looks like?

Or do you back in Sinn who is every chance of shitting the bed?

Tricky one
Do you rob the forward line of DBJ, who is one of our only damaging forwards (sadly)?
Leave DBJ forward, think he's vital for goals and score involvements.
Do you throw Rozee back and see what it looks like?
I had the same idea, could be a masterstroke move now that we're down Houston & Farrell.
Or do you back in Sinn who is every chance of shitting the bed?
That's my gut feel as well, hasn't had enough exposure to be thrust into a finals game.

danger, he is in ripping form. has won 18 centre clearneces in 3 weeks. he is probs stil their best player in finals. we shut him down, we will smash them at stoppages and in the centre.
I'd alternate Willem and JHF on Danger.

I don't think JHF is ready yet to go head to head with him for a whole game. But i'd do it 50% of the game and just set him the challenge to beat him one on one.

The rest of the time or if he gets on top Willem can cool him.

Ratugolea just hasn't taken his opportunity. We miss Marshall's lead up work and delivery inside 50. Our ball movement in transition has been average for weeks. Ratugolea just hasn't done enough to make any risk playing Marshall poses not worth taking.
Doesn't look like we're missing Marshall at all to be honest...

We certainly don't miss him getting out marked each week.

I'd alternate Willem and JHF on Danger.

I don't think JHF is ready yet to go head to head with him for a whole game. But i'd do it 50% of the game and just set him the challenge to beat him one on one.

The rest of the time or if he gets on top Willem can cool him.
Dangerfield is 34 and averaging only 19 touches a game this year. JHF would smash him over a whole game.

I'd trust Wylie Buzza ahead of Marshall in a final right now.

What I want;
“This is exciting, this is why we do the work over summer, we have been fortunate enough to finish second through some pretty good footy.
We have shown what our best is capable of, Sydney here, Geelong down there, second half of the Showdown, we are a damn good footy side at the minute.
We know our fans are ruthless and expect their Port teams playing finals and a brand of footy that will stand up when the heat is on, we have made some changes throughout the year to hopefully stand up. The fans want a Grand Final appearance, I want a Premiership, the boys want a Premiership, that’s why we play.
Im confident our best is good enough, we have done the work and paid our dues, but nothing is given in this world, we need to take this opportunity in front of us.
Yeah Geelong have been good this year, we take a lot of confidence out of the game against them earlier this year, we have had a bit of a rivalry with them in the business end of the season, we will crack in and present our best, let’s see how they go.”

I just want Ken to say, we’re focused and have a job to do… that’s it !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Their small-medium forwards worry me without Farrell and Houston. Other than that I believe we have them covered
Niether of these guys did much defending. It's their attack we'll miss, not their defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back