Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingy reckons geelongs midfield is on par with ours
Geelong's midfield would struggle to be on par with Norf's, and I'm not even exaggerating.

If we can't beat this mob I'm going into full lynch Hinkley mode
Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Off the top of my head I can only name Dangerfield in their midfield. Who else is there?
Holmes is a Star, I can’t spell the steeple chasers name but he is aging, Atkins does a number on us, Stewart has played in there since Jed took him to the cleaners, Bowes and Bruhn have been handy inclusions from the Expansion teams. Dempsey and Humphries both young and exciting kids.

But they don’t have the Top end of JHF, Butters, Rozee and Wines. Drew and Atkins about on par. I think the battle will be their determination vs our ability to break the lines, or Boak be Dempsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like the Marshall drums are beating, Aliir just said Todd's ready to go on radio lol the melts would be elite.

We need to put some time into shutting down Holmes run from the back half. We can’t allow him the space or freedom to run down the wings with ball in hand.

Difficulty is that I don’t know who we have that can go with him from our half forwards. DBJ doesn’t have the pace, Mcentee will likely be following Stewart around and we need Willie to be focused on attacking the goals.

Do we trust that responsibility to fall onto Burgoyne from a wing to prevent his run? While DBJ keeps a check on him when he’s in the back half?

We are playing for a home preliminary final. There's basically zero chance that Zak doesn't take the field. He literally just won the AFL's most courageous award for the second year running.

Kane says the Port players should treat this as Us vs Them and by Them he means Port supporters who booed Hinkley.

Meanwhile at Alberton, our captain makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back