Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why, they are predicting it will get up to 27 degrees on thursday, which is really hot for this time of the year and the chance of rain looks small.

And the showers are likely to be in the morning.

Not the issue clearly

The issue is that anytime he’s tackled it could end his career and we go one player down
How many concussion has he had this year and previous years? Genuinely interested, i thought the one against Melbourne was his first one this year, but was a concern because he has had a few in previous years.

It appears to be more issues with marking contests, the one against the Dees if i recall he was going back and covering in defence for some reason. Maybe sticking to what he does best and leading up towards the ball is the answer, whilst going back with the flight is courageous it is not his thing.

Dixon in for Visentini is obvious.

But who comes in for Farrell is anyone's guess. I'm still leaning towards Marshall.

But I also think Narkle probably deserves a game too. Obviously neither Marshall or Narkle will play down back but this sounds like it might be covered by DBJ moving down back.

How many concussion has he had this year and previous years? Genuinely interested, i thought the one against Melbourne was his first one this year, but was a concern because he has had a few in previous years.

It appears to be more issues with marking contests, the one against the Dees if i recall he was going back and covering in defence for some reason. Maybe sticking to what he does best and leading up towards the ball is the answer, whilst going back with the flight is courageous it is not his thing.
I believe in total Todd has had 5 concussions in 8 years now.
One this year.

Why, they are predicting it will get up to 27 degrees on thursday, which is really hot for this time of the year and the chance of rain looks small.
hmmmm, hope so. I saw there will be showers in the evening too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff all chance of rain in the early morning, deck will be perfectly dry and there's light wind forecast. It'll be a fair display of both teams best, where I see our best being superior to theirs. Whatever side is picked to play will be the fairly stable side to play all our finals.

Todd Marshall is not that bad, there are some confidence issues but he isn't a bad footballer. I personally think that he is too good to be sitting out if he is 100% ready to go.

The narrative on here that picking him will result in the team going from premiership contender to Div 7 ammo standard is actually laughable.

What happens if it is Marshall in McEntee out
100% he is best 23 imo.

But there is a few different arguments in the discussions about Todd. Which should be separate categories.

1. Is Todd healthy
2. Todd vs Esava
3. Is Todd best 23 which boils down to
is Todd better than big Mac and Evans.

Last edited:
Forget about McEntee getting dropped they'll be thinking he can pester the Geelong backs as he did last time.
We showed our hand last time. Since then Stewart has started on the ball and then drifts to the back line. Too smart for Jed where if you infringe on mids free kicks are paid.

If Sinn can’t get a game now he may as well pack his locker after training and head off into the sunset.
It will be interesting if they go with their conservative approach and pick Marshall or Narkle or anyway a forward because it may be the Geelong medium and small forwards that do the damage and it would be nice considering we have Houston and Farrell out that we could have another option in Sinn down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back