Preview Changes & Preview Thread for QF2, 2024 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered watching the whole segment but assume the numbers he is touting are 2024 full season? If so, largely irrelevant, as really you'd want just the last 8 weeks to get an accurate read on things.
Basically ground ball gets Geelong #1 Port #18, 80% of finals ground ball games

Taking what you have said, and I agree with you.
Is the list good enough to win a flag ?
Having the worst collection of small forwards in AFL history doesn’t sound promising.
If we had a sensible coach we could just leave DBJ up forward where he's been good all year and drop one of them.

If we had a sensible coach we could just leave DBJ up forward where he's been good all year and drop one of them.
Yeah not keen on DBJ back in defence either. I'd love to think Williams could come in and do a job down back with confidence and knowledge that position is his this finals series. 2023 Dyl no problem, 2024 has been poor. Sinn not sold on either, SANFL form is better than Williams but hasn't proven it in AFL.

Some classic eve of the finals bed-wetting in here.
You’re not kidding 😂 but seriously I can understand it to a point.
I’m a million miles away in Perth but the supporters must be feeling the heat living in the Adelaide fish bowl.
There’s nowhere to hide if we bomb out.
There’s more pressure on the supporters than the players 🤪

Yeah not keen on DBJ back in defence either. I'd love to think Williams could come in and do a job down back with confidence and knowledge that position is his this finals series. 2023 Dyl no problem, 2024 has been poor. Sinn not sold on either, SANFL form is better than Williams but hasn't proven it in AFL.
Forget about Williams, he’s as slow as a wet week.
Sinn would be a certain in if he was in any form but he’s not even close to AFL standard.
Easy to say well Jed is not up to standard also but he gets a game.
Thing is how many can you carry into a finals match?
The two outs couldn’t have come as a worse time.
DBJ is the logical replacement only because I can’t find a better option who’s up to the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most important position for the team for the Hornet is CHF.

I wonder if Scott will have a plan for that.

Course he will. Probably the best tactical coach in the game.

That doesn't mean his plan will work though. Pretty hard to quell JHF for a whole game, and he only needs 15 minutes to turn it.

Forget about Williams, he’s as slow as a wet week.
Sinn would be a certain in if he was in any form but he’s not even close to AFL standard.
Easy to say well Jed is not up to standard also but he gets a game.
Thing is how many can you carry into a finals match?
The two outs couldn’t have come as a worse time.
DBJ is the logical replacement only because I can’t find a better option who’s up to the job.
Since when did DBJ become an attacking Half-Back that break lines with speed and delivers the ball accurately 80% of the time?

Since when did DBJ become an attacking Half-Back that break lines with speed and delivers the ball accurately 80% of the time?
Williams couldn’t run out of sight in a London fog.
He’s gone backwards big time unfortunately since last year.
Doubtful he’ll play another AFL game for Port.

Williams couldn’t run out of sight in a London fog.
He’s gone backwards big time unfortunately since last year.
Doubtful he’ll play another AFL game for Port.
I didn't say Williams was our option haha

Fwiw, Sinn for Farrell is as like for like as it gets. Gives Sinn a chance to finally play a role he thrived in before he got drafted. He's done okay on the wing at AFL this year but I think HB is his spot and he's the only one that can have a similar effect to Faz. DBJ would be a square peg in a round hole given Faz's role is to attack and not necessarily defend. Also leaves a huge hole up forward because DBJ has the most goals + assists for us this season and neither Narkle nor McEntee can replace that.

A lot of talk about Sinn or Williams, but seems like the young guy with the best consistent form in the SANFL is Will Lorenz. Pity we didn't give him more of a go. It could be an option to bring him in on the wing, and Jase going down back. therefore, leaving DBJ to continue is good form up forward.

We have been so good in finals recently it is hard to imagine why right?
It's just a typical BF finals game rollercoaster. Shaped a little like a Dunning Kruger curve. Currently we're in the valley of despair. We'll be back on a slope of enlightenment tomorrow arvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back