Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 19, 2024 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are some of the names for this game.

Nathan Stienberner, Bowen Lockwood, Stephen Daniels, Barnaby French, Shayne Breuer and Donald Dickie.
A Saturday afternoon game and the Footy Park surface was like a rice paddy field. It was a slogfest from the start and never improved. The only thing that came out of that game was how much better Richmond were to us in those conditions.

Remember this beauty from R11 1999?

Port Adelaide 4.8 (32) d Richmond 3.12 (30)

Very handy win that day. We were 4 and 6 at the time after winning our first 3. Lost an epic to the eventual premier north Melbourne 20.13 to 18.18 at the mcg the week before.

Just had to win, and they did and ended up going on a run to make our first afl final series with a 12 and 10 record.

I loved those early years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely they announce a debut early in order to try and break the 25k crowd mark
Not going to happen. I think the changes will be rather vanilla.

In saying this; Visentini & Clurey deserve a game, if performances in the SANFL are to be rewarded. I doubt they slot Sinn straight back in (if fit), but I have been surprised in the past.
Lorenz (despite his debut), Anastopolous & Scully are a while away in my view. Haven't seen anything break-out from them.
Jackson is next in line now he's got a few games under his belt. Hoping we see his best performance this weekend to push selection. Boak might need to be managed soon.

OUT: Finlayson, Jones, Farrell
IN: MG, Rioli, Ratagolea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scully is only playing SANFL because hes on Ports list. If he doesnt improve next year he'll be gone
He's our leading goal kicker, why would he get dropped.

Remember this beauty from R11 1999?

Port Adelaide 4.8 (32) d Richmond 3.12 (30)
I remember being at that one. At least there was the win to compensate for the inevitable cold that game gave me. Unlike a similar downpour against North, back when we couldn't beat them. Getting sick from the footy (as opposed to these days sick of the footy) was tolerable only if we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back