Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is that our structure is tall absent. Ask anyone, JJ is a hard running flanker and we know that Tex is more a lead up player. We deliberately don't have a bomb to player. We trust that our system will deliver pressureless ball to our forwards in space. It's why we turn to shit when our mids are under the pump and we can only bomb it in. But it's a conscious choice from our coaching group. They prefer a system that piles on the goals when our mids arevon top ahead of a forward group that can get their hands dirty and help drag us across the line.

I agree. That is why Ive found it puzzling that we dont open up more space for those who actually know how to lead. Park a big bus who isnt willing to work in our forward line and it makes it that much harder to find space.

Stats board tells you it works I guess, but GF tells you that it isnt unbeatable.

Does Hartigan have a match up against the tigers?

Presumably Talia goes to Jack and then we have Hartigan having to cover Townsend/Caddy/Edwards?

It could be worth going a bit smaller/quicker in defence on Thursday.
Cheney? He's shorter but not faster.
Another HBF?

I love how everyone here constantly slams the club for not playing kids and then when we do and lose everyone wants them dropped because they aren't ready.

Fog is only there because of Texs injury so will come out when the captain is fit.
The other two are our replacements for Cameron and Leaver and both looked pretty good really. We should be taking the pressure off them and guarantee them 10 games so they can settle into the roles without looking over their shoulder constantly.

Walker for the Fog.
Lynch for Greenwood (nowhere near match fit)
Milera for Mackay

Think you need to look up the word everyone in the dictionary

at the very least he needs to be involved in a discussion as to his role.

If you put the ball in the right spots for Ed, he’ll do the rest. If you’re being beaten around the ground like last night, being a small forward is like being a priest in a brothel.

Caveat: Blighty would tell him to stop flying for those marks. I know why he does it, but he takes about 1 in 20 of them and seriously every time he lands the heart is in the mouth. He needs to put that away for a while.

If you put the ball in the right spots for Ed, he’ll do the rest. If you’re being beaten around the ground like last night, being a small forward is like being a priest in a brothel.

Caveat: Blighty would tell him to stop flying for those marks. I know why he does it, but he takes about 1 in 20 of them and seriously every time he lands the heart is in the mouth. He needs to put that away for a while.
1 in 20 is being fairly generous

Out:
Jenkins, Mookay, Douglas, Hampton.

In:
Dear or Himmelberg, anyone else

After some of the insipid attempts at football by Atkins last night I would love to drop him too and send a message that half assed efforts are not good enough. Guys like this can be a cancer.

Out:

In:

After some of the insipid attempts at football by Atkins last night I would love to drop him too and send a message that half assed efforts are not good enough. Guys like this can be a cancer.
Jenkins was actually pretty reasonable last night, he's going nowhere. As was Mackay.

Then again, your football knowledge is poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before calling the Outs first need to ensure there are replacements.
Firtly
Walker and Lynch are in if they pass today hard training session. and come up OK on Monday.
Also, Gallucci, Milera, Cheney and Pohokle played OK on Friday and there hand up for a game.
Cheney will not push Kelly or Doedee out more when you Consider Doedee was named in the Best Players. May put pressure on Hartigan. but I doubt it.
Gibson may be ok depending on what level of injury he had. If its tightness he's a big chance.
Changes to look at.
Walker and Lynch for Forgety and Hampton.
Milera/Gibson for Greenwood/CEY or Douglas if suspended
Gallucci for Murphy.
Now going on past history and we rarely change more than 3 players.
Again we will know on Monday if Lynch and Walker are Playing in and Outs will depend on them.

Out:

In:

Mckay was one of our best

So Greenwood was a late inclusion, but was originally named to play SANFL. If he was fit, surely he would've been named starting 22, if not, why would he be named to play SANFL? Did he have an interrupted pre-season or been injured?
Interrupted after December surgery

No problem with Mackays game.

Jenkins made the most of a couple of opportunities, but also put in some diabolical efforts.
Can't argue with that, his first 15 minutes was disgusting but he went from that to our best forward. Anyone suggesting either of them get dropped has no idea, particularly given injuries.

I reckon with Hampton and Douglas dropping out Greenwood gets a reprieve. He needs fitness badly, probably the best way to get to the level is by playing it.

If Tex and Lynch are available then they come in for the 2 mentioned earlier. Does make us taller and slower mind you, might need to bring Milera in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back