Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

at the very least he needs to be involved in a discussion as to his role.
Very easy to pot forwards.

But until there is quality forward supply the role and performance of forwards cannot be accurately assessed.
Yes, he may have made a few leaps in desperation, but that was on the back of poor delivery.

The fact is we played a depleted side. We should have won the game. A lack of composure directly related to the state of our injury list cost us. The lads will learn.

CEY need a game in SANFL, but I get the feeling the cupboard is bare. We will have to temper expectations until we get a few quality ins.

If, if Tex plays why doesn't Fogarty stay in? Tex won't be 100% either so run them both through the forward line. Let's them both continue to build a base
Interesting theory but I reckon last night showed we can't take too many underdone guys in. Alot will depend on how Darcy pulls up after a warm night on a hard deck

Greenwood is most at risk IMO.

Tex won't play.

With Hampton injured and Douglas out we need 2 ins.

Lynch will be automatic in. But I'm struggling to see how anyone will be dropped as there are a lack of quality ins from SANFL...... Even if Milera, Gallucci etc train the house down it's a bit like shuffling the deck chairs.

Bottom line is we looked underdone. I don't think 1 week fixes that.

However, we can fix attitude going into the match.

Tex won't play.

With Hampton injured and Douglas out we need 2 ins.

Lynch will be automatic in. But I'm struggling to see how anyone will be dropped as there are a lack of quality ins from SANFL...... Even if Milera, Gallucci etc train the house down it's a bit like shuffling the deck chairs.

Bottom line is we looked underdone. I don't think 1 week fixes that.

However, we can fix attitude going into the match.
Gibson depending on how bad the hammy is, solves the lack of run we had late in the game.

If not him I'd throw Gooch in

I usually go by the rule, "There is no such thing as a 1 week hammy".

I'd like him to be available though.
I'm hoping they just went on the side of caution, but you're probably right.

Hard to pick the changes simply because we don't know who is fit.
Doedee Stays, End of story! and I would give Murph a couple more.
JJ, I like him but something is off and I think it is mental, maybe a couple of weeks dominating the SANFL is needed, tough call.

Poholke for Dougie
Tex for Fog (had a look but heeds to be fitter)
Lynch for CEY (who sucked IMHO)
Keith for JJ if he is fit, Play Keith forward and pinch in the ruck (worth a shot Keith only 3 cm shorter and very mobile)
If Hampton injured then Hope Gibson comes good or play Jnr early, Gooch also did well in the SANFL so maybe a shot here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very easy to pot forwards.

But until there is quality forward supply the role and performance of forwards cannot be accurately assessed.
Yes, he may have made a few leaps in desperation, but that was on the back of poor delivery.

The fact is we played a depleted side. We should have won the game. A lack of composure directly related to the state of our injury list cost us. The lads will learn.

CEY need a game in SANFL, but I get the feeling the cupboard is bare. We will have to temper expectations until we get a few quality ins.
happy with Betts playing as our key marking forward then? Leave Gov and Jenkins the crumbers?

Last edited:
Could get dirty. If we go hard saying that there was no contact to the head, just regulation body contact that jarred - reason he got ko'd was because the Essendon medical staff did not do their due diligence over his most recent head knock.

A sound player would not have been impacted in that way.

Not sure if I believe that (and he got a cut lip) but would be interesting to see.
That’s actually not as silly as it sounds , an ess official admitted he suffered blurred vision in last JLT but wasn’t concussion, hmmm ok. Most medics recommend a few weeks off after a solid head knock

One change I expect to see against Richmond is a ‘revenge mindset’.
We have heard how gutted the players are after their insipid performance in the GF, nothing but dieing for the jumper this week will be accepted. I don’t care who is in or out. If they don’t demolish Richmond I’ll be angry.

Last edited:
We have heard how gutted the players are after their insipid performance in the GF, nothing but dying for the jumper this week will be accepted. I don’t care who is in or out. If they don’t demolish Richmond I’ll be angry.

We won't demolish Richmond, in fact I don't think we will win.

Douglas will be suspended.
I doubt Tex will play and if he does will be clearly underdone.
Lynch may come in.
Gibson with a hammy is 50/50 at best.

And there is no one in the 2's that will make any difference.

Our first half of the season could prove very frustrating.

We have heard how gutted the players are after their insipid performance in the GF, nothing but dying for the jumper this week will be accepted. I don’t care who is in or out. If they don’t demolish Richmond I’ll be angry.
You'll be upset then. The only thing we'll have going for us is Adelaide Oval. They should be comfortable favourites.

We got beaten in contested ball last night and in the GF.
Need to keep anyone prepared to compete and not bring in outside types.

Douglas suspended and Curtly injured - who have we got who can provide some grunt?
Great if Tex and Lynch fit.

Other changes - JJ soft, Atkins butter in the sun - would Keith and ??? bring a more competitive effort?

For mine - keep all 3 new boys in for another week. At least they all showed some desire for the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back