Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't demolish Richmond, in fact I don't think we will win.

Douglas will be suspended.
I doubt Tex will play and if he does will be clearly underdone.
Lynch may come in.
Gibson with a hammy is 50/50 at best.

And there is no one in the 2's that will make any difference.

Our first half of the season could prove very frustrating.
You'll be upset then. The only thing we'll have going for us is Adelaide Oval. They should be comfortable favourites.

Even Carlton pushed Richmond; and comfortable favouritism for Richmond will suit us.

One change I expect to see against Richmond is a ‘revenge mindset’.
We have heard how gutted the players are after their insipid performance in the GF, nothing but dying for the jumper this week will be accepted. I don’t care who is in or out. If they don’t demolish Richmond I’ll be angry.
I want to see a Geelong Prelim mindest.

Walker and Lynch are both 50-50. Douglas is out suspended, Hampton out injured. Greenwood is underdone!

Milera, Gallucci, Poholke and Gibson (depending on severity of hammy) are in contention you would think. Seriously lacking some pace either way.

Just watched the replay.

CEY and Hampton just aren't AFL quality. Like Walshy said it's formula 1 football. You have to be able to think and execute under pressure.

Neither can.

Hampton is also one of the dumbest footballers I've seen with his decision making.

Fogarty on the other hand is an out and out gun. Ready made player. You can't possibly drop him. Make room for him. At this point, based on form, he is even ahead of McGovern.

Betts needs to pull his head in. Starting to believe the hype a bit and playing like a millionaire.

The Dude was very good.

Forward line looked rudderless. I'm truly worried Teague was a big loss.

Midfield depth is weak.

Defense is missing Smith's rebound as we knew it would. Need Milera to come in. No one back there can kick.

Team next week:
Out: Douglas susp, hampton omitted , cey omitted, jenkins omitted , hartigan omitted,
In: milera if fit, lynch if fit, tex if fit, keath if fit, poholke,

Team
Brown Talia Doedee
Kelly Keath Laird
Atkins Sloane Seedsman
Lynch Walker Milera
Betts Mcgovern Fogarty

Jacobs mcrouch gibbs

mackay murphy greenwood poholke

Last edited:
Team next week:
Out: Douglas susp, hampton omitted , cey omitted, jenkins omitted , hartigan omitted, fogarty rested/needs fitness

mackay murphy greenwood poholke
Mackay must be feeling pretty chuffed you have him on the 2nd line and not the 1st :p

Hopefully we have players returning this week, as we have some outs...

Hampton - won't risk with 6 day turnaround.
Greenwood - isn't fit enough for AFL
Douglas - suspended, though we should appeal.

Can't see us dropping anyone else, given we have so many out.

Hopefully Tex & Lynch are ok to go, as our forward structure missed them badly last night.
Milera got through the practice game, so should be good to go.
Polholke is the other one who apparently played OK who may be considered, particularly if Tex or Lynch doesn't come up.
Gibson I doubt will be risked if a hammy with only a 6 day break.

B: Brown, Hartigan, Doedee
HB: Milera, Talia, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Walker, Murphy
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Gibbs
I (from): Kelly, CEY, Mackay, Fogerty, Polholke

Watching Hawthorn... We need Milera back in the side so badly. I don't care if he doesn't lay mass tackles. He's an outside receiver who delivers by foot. For years we've been watching Hawthorn wishing we could maintain possession with uncontested ball like they do. Our current gameplan is actually heavily based on it. It works when the pressure isn't on.

But our historic lack of early draft picks means we just don't have many class ball users. When we do draft, until recently we have tended to prioritise fitness or athleticism over foot skills like Hawthorn do.

Milera is an early draft pick with exquisite foot skills. We can't afford to leave him playing against South Adelaide and centrals etc. We need every ounce of foot skills we can muster in the team.

Walker and Lynch are both 50-50. Douglas is out suspended, Hampton out injured. Greenwood is underdone!

Milera, Gallucci, Poholke and Gibson (depending on severity of hammy) are in contention you would think. Seriously lacking some pace either way.
the club can still appeal the douglas decision and would be negligent not to as he cannot get an extra game added to the suspension if he loses the challenge under the new system. It will cost the club $10K to appeal it but really, a hit to the shoulder on a 50/50 ball - which is exactly where the hit originated should not warrant a suspension and he should have every chance of getting the decision reversed[/QUOTE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm yet to see it

I think we are seeing why right now. We have had to scrape the bottom of the barrel with so many injuries. If we did manage to sneak the 4 points then his entire season on our list might have been paid for. He was pretty much a break glass option which we had to use.

We were ordinary last night, but really there wasn’t much in it. Gibson going out late and having to play an unfit Greenwood was probably the straw that broke our back.

Let’s not forget that umpiring decision which we haven’t seen in 100+ years and won’t see for another century. Take away the resulting goal and the distraction of being blatently rooted on prime time tv and I reckon we would have held on. Paper over cracks, but 4 points.

I am not too fussed about the fringe 30-40 players. I am just worried that our best dozen seem to be a shadow of themselves if they can get on the park at all.

Let’s not forget that umpiring decision which we haven’t seen in 100+ years and won’t see for another century. Take away the resulting goal and the distraction of being blatently rooted on prime time tv and I reckon we would have held on.
You won't have to wait that long...it's a 6 day break until the umpires will be get into the spirit of Good Friday

Just watched the replay.

CEY and Hampton just aren't AFL quality. Like Walshy said it's formula 1 football. You have to be able to think and execute under pressure.

Neither can.

Hampton is also one of the dumbest footballers I've seen with his decision making.

Fogarty on the other hand is an out and out gun. Ready made player. You can't possibly drop him. Make room for him. At this point, based on form, he is even ahead of McGovern.

Betts needs to pull his head in. Starting to believe the hype a bit and playing like a millionaire.

The Dude was very good.

Forward line looked rudderless. I'm truly worried Teague was a big loss.

Midfield depth is weak.

Defense is missing Smith's rebound as we knew it would. Need Milera to come in. No one back there can kick.
That summed it up very well.

Very disappointed by Hampton, what a waste of a second round pick.

OUTS: Fogarty, Hampton, Douglas, CEY/Greenwood

INS: Walker, Lynch, Milera, Gibson

I don't like to drop Fogarty, but I don't think he can fit in with 4 other tall forwards and we know Jenkins won't get dropped.

If we have to play both CEY and Greenwood again, I might tear my eyes out, Greenwood obviously the better player but fitness not up to it and might keep him out.

I still have no idea why we rookied him let alone are playing him.
He's better than Thor. People like the romance of a basketball turned footballer but unfortunately I see very little upside on him. Just doesn't move like a footballer. CEY found the ball OK last night but people have to remember he's just come back from a long term knee injury so was a bit rusty. Our biggest problem is lack of speed and run n carry

OUTS: Fogarty, Hampton, Douglas, CEY/Greenwood

INS: Walker, Lynch, Milera, Gibson

I don't like to drop Fogarty, but I don't think he can fit in with 4 other tall forwards and we know Jenkins won't get dropped.

If we have to play both CEY and Greenwood again, I might tear my eyes out, Greenwood obviously the better player but fitness not up to it and might keep him out.

Is there any other place we could reasonably play fog, I like his attitude.
Could one of our forwards who will replace him, be used in a different position, so he can remain forward, where his lack of fitness won’t be such an issue?

He's better than Thor. People like the romance of a basketball turned footballer but unfortunately I see very little upside on him. Just doesn't move like a footballer. CEY found the ball OK last night but people have to remember he's just come back from a long term knee injury so was a bit rusty. Our biggest problem is lack of speed and run n carry
Shakes head.

Greenwood is so much better than CEY it's not funny. You need to go re-watch his games from last year.

What what what what what what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back