Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes have a real gem in fogarty, Really liked what this kid showed in his 1st game and he will become a real powerhouse type player
Certainly will do the #32 proud i think. Cant believe dropping him is being discussed here i woul;d be looking to get him to 30-40 games asap and his fitness level playing foward wont be that much of an issue.

Reminds me of the days we played Dusty in his 1st year and he couldn't run out games and spent 30% game time on the bench being rested but the remaining 70% he gave everything.

If i was a crows supporter i would rather Jenkins dropped than Fogarty , Kid will be a GUN

Good luck gents

at the very least he needs to be involved in a discussion as to his role.

Needs to stop flying for everything and start getting front and square. He's one of our beset readers and best users of the ball under pressure. I dont know why he's committing himself to every aerial contest.

Needs to stay down and play to his strengths.

just a question, why IS greenwood so unfit? i get that he didnt have a full preseason or something (tbh cut myself off from footy after watching the GF first hand), but it seemed like mid last year he was super fit and even come the later stages of the year he was playing like 50% of the match. what happened? and why has it not been rectified in the off season?

Out: Hampton - In: Lynch (praying he's fit)
Out: Douglas - In: Gibson (hope he's also fit)

If Tex is fit...Out: Fogarty - In: Tex. Love the kid Fog, he's gonna be a star. But he just cant run out the games yet and we are gonna need some serious run vs Richmond.

I think Greenwood needs to come out. He's seriously underdone and we cant afford to play him and CEY in the same team. We need Milera in. Lacking some serious drive, pace, skills and line breaking ability down back. Lairdy needs help.

Out: Greenwood - In: Milera

Atkins was good early but faded when the bombers got on top. Surprised people want him out. He wasnt great but a lot of our midfield wasnt. He covered the most distance of any Crow in the side. Telstra Tracker showed Atkins being the only Crow in the top 5, surrounded by Bombers.

CEY is such a frustrating player. He is strong and great in close, but looks like he just cruises around the ground doing not a whole lot. Never seems to get out of 2nd gear and try and contribute on the spread.

But Gibson, Lynch and Milera are the big ins for me. We were lacking some serious run. Need all our gut runners back and some drive off HB with Milera.

The whole team looks a little unfit to me.

Could be the late start to the season?

Or could it be a different direction we are taking to try and pesk at the right time of the year?

Or could we be seeing the impact of the ever changing fitness personel and program?

The whole team looks a little unfit to me.

Could be the late start to the season?

Or could it be a different direction we are taking to try and pesk at the right time of the year?

Or could we be seeing the impact of the ever changing fitness personel and program?

Really hard to pin point at this stage hey.

To be fair though, no Knight and Lynch who are our normal gut runners. Gibson another elite runner, goes out for a Greenwood who only averaged 65% TOG last year, and comes in off a limited PS and 47% TOG vs Port.

1st game newbies in Murphy and Fogarty, who if I'm honest, is probably only getting a game on talent and lack of key personnel alone, cos his fitness would be absolutely nowhere near what it needs to be.

Think we need a bigger sample size for now, but it is concerning.

He's better than Thor. People like the romance of a basketball turned footballer but unfortunately I see very little upside on him. Just doesn't move like a footballer. CEY found the ball OK last night but people have to remember he's just come back from a long term knee injury so was a bit rusty. Our biggest problem is lack of speed and run n carry
I dont think anyone gives a shit that he played basketball. In fact our other two ex ballers Hendo & Jenkins are/were whipping boys on here.

OUTS: Fogarty, Hampton, Douglas, CEY/Greenwood

INS: Walker, Lynch, Milera, Gibson

I don't like to drop Fogarty, but I don't think he can fit in with 4 other tall forwards and we know Jenkins won't get dropped.

If we have to play both CEY and Greenwood again, I might tear my eyes out, Greenwood obviously the better player but fitness not up to it and might keep him out.
Yeah lets drop Fogarty, a natural footballer, proven contested mark in a forward line famous for lacking contested marks, a beast of a competitor in a side famous for its wilting flowers under the spotlight... makes sense :drunk:

just a question, why IS greenwood so unfit? i get that he didnt have a full preseason or something (tbh cut myself off from footy after watching the GF first hand), but it seemed like mid last year he was super fit and even come the later stages of the year he was playing like 50% of the match. what happened? and why has it not been rectified in the off season?

Was only ever really playing 60-65% game time then injured his achilles in the back end of the season leading into finals, had surgery after the GF that put him behind in his pre-season compared to the other players. Then if I recall got a niggle that kept him out of JLT 1.

Yeah lets drop Fogarty, a natural footballer, proven contested mark in a forward line famous for lacking contested marks, a beast of a competitor in a side famous for its wilting flowers under the spotlight... makes sense :drunk:
Do you think Fogarty plays if Walker and Lynch both come in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been informed from a reliable source that Lynch is a lot more likely to return than Tex this week. Not saying Tex is completely ruled out, but definitely facing a big uphill battle.
Really hope the loss doesn't make us rush anyone back too quickly

Jezuz. Richmond currently $2.35 and Crows $1.55

Firstly, why?

Secondly, that's worth a fiddy on Richmond.

Thirdly, I can never put a bet on the Crows because they are always too short.

Fourthly, I don't bet anyways so I don't really care:D

Fifthly, I notice I'm not in the 'Punters' thread.

Sixthly, I'm too lazy to copy and paste this post into that thread.

Cheers.

If Tex is fit...Out: Fogarty - In: Tex. Love the kid Fog, he's gonna be a star. But he just cant run out the games yet and we are gonna need some serious run vs Richmond.
And yet people think Tex can????

You blokes have a real gem in fogarty, Really liked what this kid showed in his 1st game and he will become a real powerhouse type player
Certainly will do the #32 proud i think. Cant believe dropping him is being discussed here i woul;d be looking to get him to 30-40 games asap and his fitness level playing foward wont be that much of an issue.

Reminds me of the days we played Dusty in his 1st year and he couldn't run out games and spent 30% game time on the bench being rested but the remaining 70% he gave everything.

If i was a crows supporter i would rather Jenkins dropped than Fogarty , Kid will be a GUN

Good luck gents
Spot on mate. Actually that would be a good poll. Play Fogarty OR play jenkins - who do you choose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back