Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

What is our all time best selection melt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Poholke for CEY
Wilson for Milera
Knight for Betts
Gallucci for Fogarty
Hampton for Sloane (if not fit)
giphy.gif

Do we start asking question of Pyke?...

I swear he looked like dear in the headlights everytime the camera panned onto him tonight..

Is he so set on his structure that if it doesn’t work... he doesn’t know what to do?
giphy.gif

How far away is Matt Crouch? Murphy?

Hoping Knight, Gallucci, Poholke, Hampton, Wilson all have good games today. Need to give us some options.
If Wilson has another good game he had to come in.

Unfortunately Knight normally needs a few games to get going.

Galluci would want to string some games together first I reckon, Sydney will eat him alive.

As for Hampton, crikey, we are getting desperate.

Our depth is quite ordinary.

Your a terrible judge (proven).

Milera is coming good after a limited preseason. Please keep bagging him so we can go all Crouch bros on you down the track.

How many disposals did Brad get last night?

You like to pretend I'm a terrible judge because it suits your insular view that Rendell never made mistakes, and the club always signed the right players, but I've been right far more often than I've been wrong. Milera isn't coming along to anything, he's tracking exactly the same as last season.

Out..Jacobs
Far Kim off! Looks disinterested, slow and has not one iota of surprise in his ruckwork. Yes...I know we are midfielders down but FFS a rookie would offer more.
Out..Sloane
He’s gone anyway...just play someone else. He’s a liability.

Out: Kelly, CEY, Fogarty, Betts, Sloane
In: Wilson, Galluci, Knight, Hampton, Murphy

Keath in for Hartigan when fit. Gibson in for Mackay when fit.

Brown Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Milera
Atkins Gibbs Seedsman
Lynch Walker Galluci
Murphy Jenkins McGovern
Jacobs Greenwood Douglas
Wilson Knight Hampton Mackay

Shit side but its the best we have with Sloane, Betts, Crouch, Crouch, Smith all injured.

When Brad Crouch is fit..

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Sloane Gibbs Seedsman
Jacobs M.Crouch B.Crouch
Lynch Walker Douglas
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Atkins Greenwood Gibson Murphy

Far different side. Injuries have killed us and fitness staff need to go. Our midfield would be dominant with the Crouch brothers in as planned but right now its impotent and not supplying our forward line advantage.
Kelly and Hartigan are downhill skiiers who fumble under pressure. As defenders they just arent up to high pressure footy.

When Brad Crouch is fit..

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Sloane Gibbs Seedsman
Jacobs M.Crouch B.Crouch
Lynch Walker Douglas
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Atkins Greenwood Gibson Murphy

Far different side. Injuries have killed us and fitness staff need to go. Our midfield would be dominant with the Crouch brothers in as planned but right now its impotent and not supplying our forward line advantage.
Kelly and Hartigan are downhill skiiers who fumble under pressure. As defenders they just arent up to high pressure footy.
Last night wasn't about who was missing, it was about the lack of effort, skills and composure. We got ****ing destroyed and rightfully so.

Out..Jacobs
Far Kim off! Looks disinterested, slow and has not one iota of surprise in his ruckwork. Yes...I know we are midfielders down but FFS a rookie would offer more.
Out..Sloane
Jacobs was in our best 3 for both Richmond and Saints games. No way he's being dropped.

Jacobs was in our best 3 for both Richmond and Saints games. No way he's being dropped.
Best 3 against the Saints? Mate he barely managed to beat a second gamer and did nothing with his tap advantage.

He's reverted back to shit Jacobs and needs to go

Mackay cracked heads with Treloar with 8 mins to go, I wonder if he copped any concussion? Was concussed against Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 3 against the Saints? Mate he barely managed to beat a second gamer and did nothing with his tap advantage.

Carn 20 disposals 37 hitouts (against saints) for a ruckman is a pretty good days work. Yeah he had a few taps being sharked but that's also the fault of our onballers. No ruckman taps cleanly every time they win the tap.

I totally agree. Seems also not many on this board see value in RoB. I really don't understand why.
Our ongoing issue is only making changes forced by injury.
Not making changes for underperforming players.
Constantly playing injured senior players.
We don't learn.

Last night wasn't about who was missing, it was about the lack of effort, skills and composure. We got ******* destroyed and rightfully so.

Correct.

We didnt miss anyone. In fact arguably the Pies had more players missing than us.

The players didnt mentally turn up and we were shot at QT as we were kicking with the wind but down by 4 or so goals in the rain.

I totally agree. Seems also not many on this board see value in RoB. I really don't understand why.
We don't learn.

Agree.

FFS its got to a stage where the only opportunity we hand out is when players are injured, we should be changing and improving the team every week. If that means changing a winning combination then so be it.

Last year I was disgusted with the gold passes handed out for some players that could never be dropped. So when we had injuries in September our depth didnt have the practice during the H&A season.

Carn 20 disposals 37 hitouts (against saints) for a ruckman is a pretty good days work. Yeah he had a few taps being sharked but that's also the fault of our onballers. No ruckman taps cleanly every time they win the tap.
It's not about clean taps. He taps directly to the opposition when he has a clear run and an unopposed tap. He taps to the disadvantage of our players which makes sharking the ball easy. An inexperienced 2 gamer is easy fodder and he managed the same amount of hitouts to advantage as him from double the total hitouts. He also quite often completely missed free players like he has no idea where they are. He'll be lucky to have one or two direct taps resulting in first touch clearances for the entire night

We don't learn.
I've only seen a few of his games but didn't see anything apart from his height to suggest he'd be a better option to Jacobs. His shank kicks are a bit of a worry too. But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose, and Sydney aren't exactly overflowing with ruckmen so it might be a good game to give him. Though it ain't gonna happen.

Mackay cracked heads with Treloar with 8 mins to go, I wonder if he copped any concussion? Was concussed against Richmond.
He didn't come back on.

Like his last concussion though, he absolutely will not miss. No way in a million years would he risk Milera or someone playing well at half back in his absence.

Big names need to be dropped to send a message. All of us know it wont happen and they will back the players in. :drunk:
It will probably be..
Out. Betts(inj.), Fogarty
In. Knight, Galucci.

It's not about clean taps. He taps directly to the opposition when he has a clear run and an unopposed tap. He taps to the disadvantage of our players which makes sharking the ball easy. An inexperienced 2 gamer is easy fodder and he managed the same amount of hitouts to advantage as him from double the total hitouts. He also quite often completely missed free players like he has no idea where they are. He'll be lucky to have one or two direct taps resulting in first touch clearances for the entire night
I'd be interested to see the taps to advantage stats of all ruckmen but I don't know where they exist.

I always went along with us being the worst at contested marks until I checked the stats. Jenkins. Yes our own JJ last week was equal leading contested mark in the entire AFL. Small sample size but surprising, and conveniently, for this board, a lesser known fact. I suspect Jacobs to be similarly surprising in his hit outs to advantage although well behind ruck freaks like Nic Nat and Giantilands.

Out..Jacobs
Out..Sloane
Sauce lol. He took a ruck contest last night uncontested and hit Sidebottom on the tit at full speed It was a text book piece of ruck work. One for the coaching video, beautiful to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

Back