Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

What is our all time best selection melt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I totally agree. Seems also not many on this board see value in RoB. I really don't understand why.

Probably because he appears to be a bigger dinosaur than Jacob's. Everything I've seen has shown him to be a complete liability when it comes time to kicking the thing.

I'd still give him a shot after Jacob's pathetic performance to see if he can at least ruck to our advantage and give Jacob's a bit of heat to start performing to a strong standard.

Best 3 against the Saints? Mate he barely managed to beat a second gamer and did nothing with his tap advantage.

He's reverted back to shit Jacobs and needs to go

Jacobs is over rated. He is average and occasionally has good games. Continually finds the opposition with his taps, it happens way to often. We need to find an alternative because he's not the answer.

Kelly way over rated, his only attribute is negating. Has no idea what to do when tacked and lacks the skill needed at AFL level

Atkins, the softest bruise free player currently in the AFL. If he's in our best 22 we really are in trouble

CEY, trys hard but not up to AFL standard.

We have others that are just not hard enough or skilled enough or dont work enough when the chips are down.

My biggest criticism is of the match committee that continually pick average footballers and learn nothing from previous games.

We really have some ordinary players in our best 22 continually gifted games in the hope of a miracle transformation.

Sauce lol. He took a ruck contest last night uncontested and hit Sidebottom on the tit at full speed It was a text book piece of ruck work. One for the coaching video, beautiful to watch.
Well there's that, but if Sidebottom knew where it was going, why TF didn't our onballers know?

Well there's that, but if Sidebottom knew where it was going, why TF didn't our onballers know?
I'd love to give Sidebottom the credit but It was all Sauce. Exquisite skill.

I have also seen him lose a hit out to Trent Cotchin this year which was probably less beautiful.

Anyone else see the Sydney game as an already lost cause? A bridge too far? I know I do.

Might as well throw in some newbies and give a reality check to the players comfortable in their roles. So many had down games last night I wouldn’t know where to begin a bit of a cull.
No just no. I would be disgusted if the playing group thought this way. You go into every game with the intention of winning. Full stop.

No just no. I would be disgusted if the playing group thought this way. You go into every game with the intention of winning. Full stop.
I was pretty disgusted with their attitude towards the game last night. Didn't look like they went in with the intention of winning that. Why not shake a few up?

I'd be interested to see the taps to advantage stats of all ruckmen but I don't know where they exist.

I always went along with us being the worst at contested marks until I checked the stats. Jenkins. Yes our own JJ last week was equal leading contested mark in the entire AFL. Small sample size but surprising, and conveniently, for this board, a lesser known fact. I suspect Jacobs to be similarly surprising in his hit outs to advantage although well behind ruck freaks like Nic Nat and Giantilands.

Jacobs is 14th in the league for hitout to advantage rate.

Behind McEvoy, Bellchambers, Gawn, Naitanui, Grundy, Ryder, Nankervis, Witts, Sandilands, Martin, Z. Smith, Goldstein and Jordan Roughead.

He's only slightly ahead of Mason Cox.

That is significantly below his career standings where he is top 3 in hitouts to advantage

Do we start asking question of Pyke?...

I swear he looked like dear in the headlights everytime the camera panned onto him tonight..

Is he so set on his structure that if it doesn’t work... he doesn’t know what to do?

I’m not usually a defender of Pyke but the Players gave no f****. Nothing you can do when that happens.

Behind McEvoy, Bellchambers, Gawn, Naitanui, Grundy, Ryder, Nankervis, Witts, Sandilands, Martin, Z. Smith, Goldstein and Jordan Roughead.

That is significantly below his career standings where he is top 3 in hitouts to advantage
Damning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah that sucks.

I’m not usually a defender of Pyke but the Players gave no f****. Nothing you can do when that happens.

Isn't that what happens when the coach loses the players?

As much as we all think the blindfolded bus ride is no big thing.. I think it might be.

I think Pyke lost the leadership group with that stunt.. and without their support has lost the rest of the team.

Pyke is a dead man walking because the players aren't playing for him.

Anyone else see the Sydney game as an already lost cause? A bridge too far? I know I do.

Might as well throw in some newbies and give a reality check to the players comfortable in their roles. So many had down games last night I wouldn’t know where to begin a bit of a cull.
I had this down as a loss in the wl game but I think now its a possible win

Lose when we are expected to win , win when we are expected to lose

You are clearly bored and looking for an argument. Might I suggest you and watch the game.
No I'm not, but it's hypocritical (as usual on this board) to have a go and laugh at our neighbours down the road when it goes bad for them on their board, but when it comes to the same here, well baby and bathwater.

So I'll ask one more time, did you not heap praise on these same players for their efforts in the Richmond game? Just link me to your comments on that game.

No I'm not, but it's hypocritical (as usual on this board) to have a go and laugh at our neighbours down the road when it goes bad for them on their board, but when it comes to the same here, well baby and bathwater.

So I'll ask one more time, did you not heap praise on these same players for their efforts in the Richmond game? Just link me to your comments on that game.

Mate I'm not sure what you think you have to offer on a game review thread having not seen the game.

Maybe there is game review thread specifically for people that don't watch games somewhere. You may have some currency there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

Back