Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

What is our all time best selection melt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My biggest criticism is of the match committee that continually pick average footballers and learn nothing from previous games.

We really have some ordinary players in our best 22 continually gifted games in the hope of a miracle transformation.
I dont think the players are average at all. They have shown many times they have the skillset. My concern is there seems to be no pressure from underneath - reserves. But there also seems to be no pressure from above - coaches. Its the pressure from above that seems to impact the players the most. Call it Gold Pass , call it Consistent Structures , call it 'backing your players in' but it seems there is a belief by the players that performance doesnt matter they will still have the same job next week. Could be public servants ;)

Okay ive calmed down enough i think. Scorpus mentioned a good point in another thread. That jenkins played better against grundy for a small amount of time. Jenkins would be interesting as a ruck 1. Im not a fan of his at all but he can run and jump so would be interested to see him im r1 given our glut of big fwds.. and give sauce a chance to get some form back in sanfl...

Out- jacobs, betts, mackay
Ins- galluci, murphy, hampton.

Jenkins to ruck
Tex to play chf. Mcgovern 3rd tall. Fog out of the goal square.

Milera to hbf. Murphy to forward pocket. Galluci to hff. Hampton into wing rotation with seed and atkins.

Lynch lucky to survive

Mate I'm not sure what you think you have to offer on a game review thread having not seen the game.

Maybe there is game review thread specifically for people that don't watch games somewhere. You may have some currency there.

I think if you go back, it was you that created this by replying to me. That's your sad currency.

I had this down as a loss in the wl game but I think now its a possible win

Lose when we are expected to win , win when we are expected to lose
I cant remember the last win when were expected to lose game. I can remember plenty of the lose when we were expected to win games though. It could be selective nightmare memory, but we've been favourites nearly every game for about 2 years now.

I'm actually serious. I'm racking my brain. When was the last time we won when we were expected to lose? Was it against Eagles in Perth?

I cant remember the last win when were expected to lose game. I can remember plenty of the lose when we were expected to win games though. It could be selective nightmare memory, but we've been favourites nearly every game for about 2 years now.

I'm actually serious. I'm racking my brain. When was the last time we won when we were expected to lose? Was it against Eagles in Perth?
Geelong at home Prelim. I dont care about bookie favourites. Everybody had thoughts that Geelong would do us the same way they do us and that we would melt

Geelong in Geelong last year.

Probably.

Sydney in Sydney under Sando.

A couple of showdowns.

Slim pickings.

I would go further and say it's especially true with the away games.

I think the Eagles in 2016 was the last time we won a game that we were expected to lose, but that game aside those types of wins against the odds away have been very few and far between in our club's history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, I thought you meant the last time we were underdogs. Last time we WON as an underdog would probably be the second Showdown in 2014.

We actually were the favourite with the bookies for that game, Geelong were paying a ridiculous $2.45 at Skilled, it was insane.

The only reason I remember the odds was that was that I put $200 on Geelong because I knew exactly what was going to happen, it was the easiest $300 I have ever made.

First two games last year vs GWS and Hawthorn we were underdogs.

Pyke in the presser basically gave the tone that it was just one of those off nights.

Sweep it under the rug, Don.

Anyone thinking there will be more than, say, 2 unforced changes is delusional.

Im really starting to think that using so few players the last couple of years is not only a sign of our previous good health but also Pyke's inability to change.

The obvious out with be Fogarty back out (deservedly). Murphy will come back if fit, if not perhaps Knight will come in. Either way Pyke isnt dumb enough to go tall again. Surely.

Sloane and Betts we will have to see. I doubt they will rest Sloane unless he has gotten worse. Such a pity that Mrouch went down otherwise i doubt Sloane would not have been rested so far.

If Pyke does ring the changes I'll be suprised considering he isnt a plan B guy.

He will consider nezt week too vital to swing the axe.

We have gold coast the week after, I reckon another insipid performance in Sydney and he might even make 3 or 4 changes. Maximum.
Pyke is the type of pig headed neal craig clone that will only start making changes after a season of insipid performances. Basically when he is forced too. I reiterate i didnt like hearing in an interview at beginning of the season before a match was played that he owed it to the playing group that got us into the grand final ( and failed) to back them in again. That is something you would have never heard out of alistair clarkson's mouth after an embarrassing loss.

Pyke is the type of pig headed neal craig clone that will only start making changes after a season of insipid performances. I reiterate i didnt like hearing in an interview at beginning of the season before a match was played that he owed it to the playing group that got us into the grand final ( and failed) to back them in again. That is something you would have never heard out of alistair clarkson's mouth after an embarrassing loss.

Spot on. The gulf behind the scenes between us and Hawthorn is vast.

I think Pyke is so invested in keeping up his W/L record that he just hopes the same thing over and over will do the job.

It sets us up terribly for finals and gives every club 23 weeks to figure it out.

We desperately need run and defensive pressure in our forward line. Whether Jordy fits the bill or not I don't know, but I am ready to see what he can bring to the table.

Same with either Wilson or The Hulk (Poholke) in the middle, I've seen enough of CEY to know that he's only ever going to give you 6/10.

B: Brown, Hartigan, Doedee
HB: Milera, Talia, Laird
C: Seedsman, Gibbs, Atkins
HF: Fogerty, McGovern, ?
F: ? , Walker, Jenkins
R: Jacobs, Greenwood, Douglas
I: ?, ?, ?, ?

Kelly - has credits, but wouldn't want to put in another one like last night.
Mackay - 2 consecutive weeks of head knocks.
Polholke v CEY?
Lynch - looks unfit & that is his strength.
Gallucci, Knight, Hampton & Murphy - probably need 3 to add pressure & more run.

Assuming Sloane & Betts injured.

How many disposals did Brad get last night?

You like to pretend I'm a terrible judge because it suits your insular view that Rendell never made mistakes, and the club always signed the right players, but I've been right far more often than I've been wrong. Milera isn't coming along to anything, he's tracking exactly the same as last season.
Rendell made plenty of mistakes. Crouch brothers weren’t two of them. Surely you’ve gotten over yourself by now?

Any loss.

Look I'm as bloody disappointed as anyone about last night, but obviously having made the GF our side must have some talent and talent you don't loose.

There are other aspects for the losses and we didn't handle the pressure. Again pretty sure last year we would have done the same in the majority of wins we had.

But to carry on like pork chops is one of immaturity. Bout time we as supporters grew up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 v Sydney

Back