Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Masten is 2nd at our club for contested ball?
Maybe because he can't make space on his opponent?

Watching him live it's like he is a first year player who doesn't know where to run to, and doesn't want the ball. So when he gets it he dishes it off without thinking about it and gives it to the poor sod closest to him who may not be aware he is getting it, has a player on his arse or is not ready and has a player on his arse!

Oh and he squibs contact in every game. It is truly embarrassing to watch.:$

Maybe because he can't make space on his opponent?

Watching him live it's like he is a first year player who doesn't know where to run to, and doesn't want the ball. So when he gets it he dishes it off without thinking about it and gives it to the poor sod closest to him who may not be aware he is getting it, has a player on his arse or is not ready and has a player on his arse!

Oh and he squibs contact in every game. It is truly embarrassing to watch.:$
Re Masto, Wiki says:
Masten projects as an inside midfielder in the mould of fellow West Australians Paul Hasleby & Simon Black. Features of his game include clean hands, good vision, courageous attack on the ball and a very large aerobic capacity

bit staggered by the level of masten hate here lately.

he's not the only one who's been in iffy form to start the year. rosa has been worse IMO.

At least Rosa did an awesome run with job on Judd.

Masten does an awesome run with job on the boundary line looking for seagull possessions.

Re Masto, Wiki says:
Masten projects as an inside midfielder in the mould of fellow West Australians Paul Hasleby & Simon Black. Features of his game include clean hands, good vision, courageous attack on the ball and a very large aerobic capacity

Russ-Troll.gif

If Masten is getting contested ball he isnt working defensively near the contest.. Selwood had more tackles in one game than Masten has had for the season. And for all the knocks on Gaff, he is in our top 5 for tackles so far..

If Masten was dropped Id like to see Colledge in his place. We lose in disposal but pick up marking around the ground and gain a bigger body.

If Shuey doesnt get up, Hutch/Dugg, probably Hutch as sub due to limited minutes so far in games.

But Masten wont be dropped.........

No at 18 he could probably only play 2.5 games without a break. At the 19 that he actually is I'd say 45-50 in a row no worries. Or as I suggested in my posts further on you could rest him when/if he actually needs a rest instead of just deciding he needs one because you think he needs one even though he's showing absolutely no signs of being tired.

Why would you rest someone if they didn't need a rest?

All I'm saying is that it is likely that a young player in his first season will need one at some stage. That's simply due to being young, not as physically developed to run out a season.

I really don't understand what the debate is about.

Young players in their first season generally aren't as advanced physically to play 22 games. Sure some do but is that the norm? The average?

Chances are when Ellis is fit to come back in Nelson will get a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you rest someone if they didn't need a rest?

All I'm saying is that it is likely that a young player in his first season will need one at some stage. That's simply due to being young, not as physically developed to run out a season.

I really don't understand what the debate is about.

Young players in their first season generally aren't as advanced physically to play 22 games. Sure some do but is that the norm? The average?

Chances are when Ellis is fit to come back in Nelson will get a rest.

Haha great timing

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back