Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Nelson is first year. He hasn't learned the art of not trying to bust a gut when the defence has been laid open and manages to be the guy belatedly running into frame as the inevitable (at that point) goal is kicked. Good players like Masten et al know to pull up so it doesn't look like you have been beaten or are too slow on the TV.

Nelson is first year. He hasn't learned the art of not trying to bust a gut when the defence has been laid open and manages to be the guy belatedly running into frame as the inevitable (at that point) goal is kicked. Good players like Masten et al know to pull up so it doesn't look like you have been beaten or are too slow on the TV.
Masten is the master of not making an effort to contest.. I didn't realise it was a valued skill.

Masten is the master of not making an effort to contest.. I didn't realise it was a valued skill.
Mate I was at the game. The amount of time he was out in the open by himself not making an effort to get involved in the contest or present an option was staggering. My mate and I spent most of the game observing how ineffectual he was. Its hard to see on TV because you don't get the whole picture, but his game was frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
Mate I was at the game. The amount of time he was out in the open by himself not making an effort to get involved in the contest or present an option was staggering. My mate and I spent most of the game observing how ineffectual he was. Its hard to see on TV because you don't get the whole picture, but his game was frustrating to watch.
Masten is 2nd at our club for contested ball?

I thought the same thing during the Derby when i was at the game and it annoyed me how Masten was just standing around.

Can't agree with that. I think he would be heaps better at sub than Colledge or Hutchings. I understand why people want him dropped though.

I would prefer Hutchings. Has a bit more agro to him, so no qualms about getting the footy. Would be a little concerned about his disposal to maximise his touches, though.

Thats why Duggan has been a great sub. Gets possessions, including contested, but then uses it so well that it can ice a game. Those skills are so valuable we want to see them over an entire game, however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Masto have incriminating pictures of the match committee or something?

It's simply staggering how he escapes the wrath of the selectors knife
He has compromising pictures of himself playing footy which he has threatened to leak to the Media.

And should be fresh for the game following a couple of days altitude training in Nepal.

Masto to be given the old chopperooni...time to open a tats shop masto!!

Masten is 2nd at our club for contested ball?
Can't argue with stats, just telling you what I saw against the Lions. Maybe he was playing a different role, but he played poorly and that assessment is the same as most people's for his season so far.

Can't agree with that. I think he would be heaps better at sub than Colledge or Hutchings. I understand why people want him dropped though.
Maybe, but he has to involve himself in the contest to possibly be damaging with the footy. Not sit outside and position poorly to receive the ball. Hutchings will get in there and get it and offers effort and enthusiasm. Masten is offering neither right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back