Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

And better than the reigning Brownlow Medalist ;)

As Godfather pointed out, we were talking about Lucas.
I know. But I was saying you calling McGinnity "depth" was ridiculous.

Lucas is a better option even if he needs a rest or is half baked. ;)

Edit: or on one leg with a broken arm.

I would hope that the MC is worried about not having a run with player with Rosa, Selwood and Hutchings all out. The player I would send him to is Whitfield. Outside runner, extremely damaging and easier to shut down than Shiel/Treloar/Griffen.

Personally I would have just used Wellingham but the MC must love Mcginnity.

I agree its a small sample size. Doesnt mean those stats dont reflect season to date, which is what we are all discussing.

The correlation between contested possessions and tackles was disappointing. He is obviously finding himself in those situations a lot but not being entirely effective from a defensive point of view.

Gaff is getting less contested ball but more tackles, so that to me says he is working harder..
Wow, you really are trying to work two particular stats into one conclusion aren't you?

I would've thought I high quantity of contested possession from a bloke who plays exclusively on the wing was a good thing. Add to that that he's in the top half of our players for tackles??? And surprise, surprise despite having all of those contested possession his DE is higher that Gaff, Shuey or any other of the regular mids.

Funny game footy.

But at the same time he's setting the benchmark that it doesn't matter if you can't kick for shit, as long as you try hard. That's not going to work either.
Exactly this forces them to realise that talent alone won't give them a spot, they have to be willing to do the hard things and at times sacrifice their game for the good of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants
DS , 5:40pm AWST Saturday, May 2, 2015

In

• Patrick McGinnity,
  • Jamie Bennell,
  • Callum Sinclair
Out

• Scott Lycett (Omitted),
  • Matt Rosa (Hamstring),
  • Jackson Nelson (rested)

Well looks like I guessed right!!!!!!!!:);):D

Been out of range.

Gets an F solely based on the fact that we've added 3 WAFL level talents with 3 AFL level talents.

I thought we'd finally lanced the boil that was McGinnity, only to have it regrow.

Nelson may well be necessary, fair enough but Sinclair is a decent WAFL player and that's all. He's not an adequate forward, he's bog ordinary in ruck and he's WAFL level as a forward or back.

Just average selections all round

If you actually bothered to read the thread before jumping in, you would have seen that this conversation actually started yesterday before the teams were named.
AND your point is.................Criticising the club on the selection without intimate knowledge because they are thinking of resting a young player is REALLY SMART. No doubt you obviously are in the best position to know what is right for young Nelson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back