Remove this Banner Ad

Me yesterday

BcYKHc8.png

MReGGSm.png

BcYKHc8.png

GaGst5J.png

hrDtFdr.png

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 13m13 minutes ago

"He's just not playing well enough." -Adam Simpson on why Lycett was dropped this week. #goeagles

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 14m14 minutes ago

"It's part of his development. He's young and he needs to go and find some good form." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 13m13 minutes ago

"GWS are the most improved team in the competition. We're not looking at round eight last year." -AS

West Coast Eagles ‏@WestCoastEagles 12m12 minutes ago

"We're not afraid, we're aware of them. They've got some really good players coming through." -AS

Again...read the thread, I have not criticised the club for resting Nelson, if he needed a rest then rest him, which is what I've said all along. I'm beginning to think you're not REALLY SMART.
Don't bother trying to justify your ignorance of the game and the importance of player welfare. Just admit YOU are not REALLY SMART when it comes to the game of AFL. Probably never played the game.

We actually need to step back and take a few deep breathes.

We do not know what the specifics each player was asked to perform. Unless you know that, all this becomes in an ill informed bitch session. No enjoyable to read and not really adding value.

What has the match committee done so far this year?
They have given 4 new recruits a run.
They have played players in different positions to get greater flexibility of team make-up.
They have ensured that the new boys are not surrounded by too many kids so that the new guys have some confident heads around them.
They have given players a sustained run instead of in-out-in-out.
They have shown faith in McGovern.
They have identified the need to have Yeo in the midfield and regretted having to use him in defence.
They have dropped some players that needed a message.

We have been hurt with injuries to KPD (Brown and Emac), HBF senior heads (Waters and Ellis), senior midfielders (Selwood, Rosa, Hutching) and of course King Jack.

The loss of Selwood, Rosa and Hutchings means that Masten is so so lucky not to have anyone taking his place. Likewise with selecting McSpud Like the rest of the board, I cringe when he is selected and when I look at who else we could of picked, I cringe again.

So some great news with Duggan, Lamb and Nelson. Excellent to see a start of McInnes. Relieved that McGovern is standing so tall. We know the list has flaws. It is being addressed so take some Valium and have a cup of tea!!!
God if Hutchings is considered a senior midfielder at west coast we were really are screwed.

Btw, sure the mc gave games to McInnes, Duggan, nelson. Some however (for one me) would argue they earnt that spot.

Also said they've lost some 'grunt' in the past few weeks and McGinnity brings that.

Apart from last week McGinnity has played every game. What "grunt" is he replacing?

Or would it be too much for the Perth based footy media to actually ask a slightly confrontational question and maybe get on Nisbetts bad side?

Don't bother trying to justify your ignorance of the game and the importance of player welfare. Just admit YOU are not REALLY SMART when it comes to the game of AFL. Probably never played the game.

More respectful posting?

No idea who you are Valleyboy but at this point you're in the pottering class of adding nothing except nonsense...

If you are old and have played the game (as u claim), can you run me through the number of times young players were rested back in the day?

I played then, it didn't happen you'd have been called soft if it did. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen or isn't reasonable but why you'd tie it to your special inside knowledge from playing the game - when its an entirely modern phenomenon is hard to grasp.

Apart from last week McGinnity has played every game. What "grunt" is he replacing?

Or would it be too much for the Perth based footy media to actually ask a slightly confrontational question and maybe get on Nisbetts bad side?

Selwood maybe? Or otherwise referring to Waters' retirement?

Anyway I'm guessing from those comments that he'll want McGinnity's "grunt" for the whole game, so he won't be sub :mad:

Selwood maybe? Or otherwise referring to Waters' retirement?

Anyway I'm guessing from those comments that he'll want McGinnity's "grunt" for the whole game, so he won't be sub :mad:

Is 'grunt' a synonym for 'devoid of any actual football skill'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you even read the posts you're replying to? It's been pointed out several times that I never said he shouldn't be rested at all, and what the context of my previous posts were. If you can't comprehend what is being said, or are too lazy to read the entire discussion then perhaps you should go back to commenting on the eagles facebook page.

More respectful posting?

No idea who you are Valleyboy but at this point you're in the pottering class of adding nothing except nonsense...

If you are old and have played the game (as u claim), can you run me through the number of times young players were rested back in the day?

I played then, it didn't happen you'd have been called soft if it did. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen or isn't reasonable but why you'd tie it to your special inside knowledge from playing the game - when its an entirely modern phenomenon is hard to grasp.

Get up with the times. You obviously are still back in the old days watching from the sidelines. All AFL clubs injects a massive investment in todays players. They protect the investment when they need to, ensuring longevity. It also allows boundary riders like yourself the opportunity to make idiotic comments.

Na we'll still be flat trackers. Just like last year, when we beat GC, Crows & pies, all were in the 8 at the time, but finished outside, partly due to us beating them.

Still clinging to the idea that we aren't horribly mediocre and soft?
We haven't been a team that ended up playing finals since 2012....

Is 'grunt' a synonym for 'devoid of any actual football skill'?
The thing that gets me is that surely part of this "grunt" is to block for other players, shepherd, spoil etc etc, but at this stage of the season he has recorded one 1%er from three games. If he's not providing us with these kind of things then what "grunt" is he providing?

Get up with the times. You obviously are still back in the old days watching from the sidelines. All AFL clubs injects a massive investment in todays players. They protect the investment when they need to, ensuring longevity. It also allows boundary riders like yourself the opportunity to make idiotic comments.

Are you pottering?

Read what I said and respond to that or just go **** yourself. Simple.

Still clinging to the idea that we aren't horribly mediocre and soft?

We haven't been a team that ended up playing finals since 2012....

Not at all. Just stating that IF we beat the Giants, we will be no less of a flat track team, as where they currently sit on the ladder means nothing come seasons end, as we saw last year. If they make the 8, and we win on the weekend then I guess that will change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 5 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back