Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

The last two aren’t happening and certainly not after an away win against a top side.

Sometimes I wonder whether people are on drugs.
I just watched the game last week you couldn't have sat through that performance and thought "hmm, no forced changes".

McHenry played like HE was on drugs...

I just watched the game last week you couldn't have sat through that performance and thought "hmm, no forced changes".

McHenry played like HE was on drugs...

Ah yes, we have a history of not doing forced changes and we will certainly not do it after winning an away game against a top 4 side from last year.

Unfortunately that is the reality.

Ah yes, we have a history of not doing forced changes and we will certainly not do it after winning an away game against a top 4 side from last year.

Unfortunately that is the reality.
Very unfortunate.

If McHenry plays again, and plays the same way, then Nicks should resign before the weekend starts.

Smith in doubt...

Sounds like very conservative 'changes'... :embarrassedv1:

Borlase for Butts
Berry fulll game for Crouch
Mchenry to sub

*If Smith out, probably Sholl in?
So we're replacing incapable with irrelevant?
Our season cannot be saved with Sholl or Ned. Barely by Smith unless he pulls his finger our.
Out... Crouch, Smith, McHenry
In... Curtin, Edwards, Pedlar (sub)

Available Players (34) bolded to Play AFL this week
1 Jones
2 Keays
3 Berry

4 Curtin
5 Rachele
6 Pedlar
7 Edwards
8 Dawson
9 Walker
10 Soligo
11 Cook
12 Michalanney
13 Hamill

14 Taylor
15 Hinge
16 Burgess
17 Ryan
18 Rankine
19 Worrell

20 McHenry
21 Schoenberg
22Nankervis
23 Laird
24 Dowling
25 Fogarty

26 Himmelberg
27 Borlase
28 Gallagher
29 Sholl
30 Bond
31 O'Brien
32 Gollant

33 Strachan
34 Keane

Last edited:
Interesting to see our remaining experience, outside of last weeks 23:

Kieran Strachan (5 games)
Hugh Bond (0)
Karl Gallagher (0)
Elliot Himmelberg (41)
James Borlase (6)
Billy Dowling (0)
Oscar Ryan (0)
Chris Burgess (40)
Zac Taylor (0)
Charlie Edwards (0)
Luke Pedlar (29)
Daniel Curtin (0)
Gotta get some FA experience in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As this season plays out it just shows how horrendously risk adverse Nicks is and just relies so heavily on those he rates in important roles around him like VB, Burns and Burgess to tell him if there’s a slight problem or give him the go ahead to tinker with something.

Heard someone this week say they’d talked to Darren Burgess and he’d stated recent draftees “weren’t ready to be in the AFL team yet” i.e they have not met his specific metrics he has designed to be able to fulfil the requirements of how they want AFL players physical data to measure up to before they are able to meet the standards an AFL game-plan or Nicks’ ‘shape-plan’ requires, it basically made it sound like Nicks is picking from a list of allowed players from Burgess.

Or give these kids some experience
The team which played Carlton was the 3rd youngest & 3rd least experienced team of the round - only Gold Coast & Hawthorn were younger & less experienced.

Adelaide had 11 players with less than 50 games experience. Only North (13) and Hawthorn (12) had more. We'll be even less experienced this week, if Brodie Smith misses due to injury.

The reality is that we're pumping games into our kids as quickly as we can - and that 40(ish) into 23 doesn't go.

As an aside, either footywire have got their stats wrong, or there's something seriously screwy with North Melbourne's team demographics. According to footywire's match report, North's average age was 28 years 2 months, yet they averaged only 61.3 games per player. That would make them both the oldest & least experienced team for the round, which makes no sense. My money is on Footywire having got their age calculations wrong.
Source: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=11011

I do wonder if any senior management at the club actually questions if the senior guys are still meeting professional standards required of them otherwise stating Smith has a back issue after he’s been playing all this Golf at Grange this week would surely look a bit iffy…

As this season plays out it just shows how horrendously risk adverse Nicks is and just relies so heavily on those he rates in important roles around him like VB, Burns and Burgess to tell him if there’s a slight problem or give him the go ahead to tinker with something.

Heard someone this week say they’d talked to Darren Burgess and he’d stated recent draftees “weren’t ready to be in the AFL team yet” i.e they have not met his specific metrics he has designed to be able to fulfil the requirements of how they want AFL players physical data to measure up to before they are able to meet the standards an AFL game-plan or Nicks’ ‘shape-plan’ requires, it basically made it sound like Nicks is picking from a list of allowed players from Burgess.
He’s had all preseason to get them ready

Clearly Nicks is still completely scarred and burned by the MacAsey debacle hence not wanting to bring Curtin in.

I feel for the lad.... I bet he will be completely Nicksed by the end of the year. :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back